Simple questions?

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2015
    Well, it doesn't count for music boxes, because music boxes set you to zero - so your levels don't matter. But that's correct. Still not what I think @Qistrel was asking at all, but hey.
  • Music boxes remove three levels of regen, not negate it entirely. Tylwyth's understanding is correct, at least with the leveled regens.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Oh, I always read the report that changed it back then as wanting to "negate all 3 levels of regeneration", and figured that this is what it did, as the decision was to go with that solution. :/
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited April 2015
    Well, I knew you couldn't go above three, that's why I asked if it went to level 3, not level 4! But yeah, I was basically asking if terrain regen stacked. I could have asked about undead merians in the Sea of Despair. But undead merians are not allowed. :(

On that note, are kephera allowed in Glom? I want to play a traitorkeph, but they're not allowed in Mag.

• Kephera are semi-allowed in Glom, yes.
  • Qistrel said:

On that note, are kephera allowed in Glom? I want to play a traitorkeph, but they're not allowed in Mag.

There are no banned races in Glom. Kephera basically have to go on a keph-hunt where a queen dies in order to link to the nexus. Tarkenton is pretty good at making sure that happens I've been told.
    IIRC you also have to make an oath that you aren't loyal to the Underground Keph, and there are some (obvious)restrictions on the hives you can join.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    ...who's told you these things?
  • Tarkenton said:

...who's told you these things?

*shrugs*
    I can't be expected to remember everything now, can I?
    Also, I was assuming he'd be playing a male monk(which you are, and you are one of the most constistant of our elders about taking people on hunts), though thinking about it, he could be playing a female caster though....

I am a she. *narrow*

• Well, tarkenton(or someone else) could still take you keph hunting.

I was just teasing Tyl. It's true, I tend to take lowbies hunting since I personally hate 40-90. It's why I have one demi after seven or eight years of playing.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Are doors installed in manses removable after being attached? (Is there an obvious syntax I'm missing?)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    DETACH DOOR <dir>
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Doors
      - Purchase a door from the shop first, obviously
      - ATTACH DOOR <dir> This attaches a door to the exit.
      - DETACH DOOR <dir> Removes a door and places a door item in your inv to reattach later.

From help manse
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    ...You'd think I'd have figured that out myself. Or had the sense to look at that help file. I think I forgot my head somewhere.

Thanks, boys.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Is there any way / place to see existing (potentially) public forging designs? Or are they all hidden in their respective cartels and only a member of that specific cartel can tell you if there is an awesome axe design or not?
    All public forging designs can be seem by any forger. Only private cartel designs are hidden in the cartel.

• Qistrel said:

All public forging designs can be seem by any forger. Only private cartel designs are hidden in the cartel.

Thanks! So.. how can I see public designs? All I manage are those of the Emberplate Cartel, which is the Gaudi cartel. Or is that meant with public?

Also, what exactly is the difference between a klangaxe and a waraxe...? Or is there one as far as the game is concerned?
    edited April 2015
    Public designs you would see with FORGING AXES I think. Public designs, despite being submitted though a cartel, do not list the cartel when you look at them, as public is intended for the use of everyone.

As for axe differences, if you look under HELP WEAPONS it has this:
    Two-Handed Axes
     Klangaxe      : These mighty axes are known for their speed.
     Greataxe      : Greataxes are less speedy but deal devestating wounds.
     Waraxe        : Waraxes tend to cause more damage but less wounds.
     Battleaxe     : Much like a Waraxe, but less damaging.

Ok, that doesn't explain Battleaxes well, but they're the middle ground. The others are all better in one stat, and slightly worse in the others.

• Thank you!

And I guess I should have figured that there was some helpfile somewhere explaining it... ;)
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Do racehatted people count towards good breeding tics in family honour? Like if Kaimanahmahammanha was actually an aslaran and racehatted as a merian, would she count towards McCloud's total?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Pretty sure they don't.

• What actually are klangaxes..? Like, is there a real-world equivalent?
  • Aerotan said:

What actually are klangaxes..? Like, is there a real-world equivalent?

I doubt it, Klang is both a place in Maylasia and a valley somewhere, so techinically you could make an ax/axe there and call it a Klang axe. 

• Odds are Klangaxes are based on Klangratch, not on any RL place. I picture them as huge honking axes that are just as likely to break a boulder as a skull.
    Except they're the speed axes...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    They're called klangaxes because everything they hit goes "KLANG" (not the sound, an actual voice yelling KLANG). Duh.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Well, perhaps Klangratch, known also as the Axe of War, preferred axes with speed over other stats, and thus, those sort of axes became synonymous with the Vernal God, and so even today are still called klangaxe.

• What is it with hearing warriors/monks breathing all the time?
    Its is some sort of athletics/acrombatics thing? or what?

• ATHLETICS - BREATHE

Syntax: BREATHE DEEP
    Damage Modifier: 15

With the increased lung power you have gained from your bodily mastery,
    you are able to resist becoming out of breath, allowing you to move
    faster and resist asphyxiation damage.
    -breathe deep
    You take a few deep breaths to prepare your body for a marathon workout.
    -