Simple questions?

Comments

• Ixion said:
    A couple demipower questions...

For PeacefulCompanion, does it use beast balance? Is it a seperate attack, or passive additional attack?

For Respect, what is the % bonus to experience/gold/power?
    PeacefulCompanion, if it's like the others, is a standard beast action that takes beast balance but does not cost mana or ego.

Respect ... I can't remember exactly. I know either the artifact or the power gives a 50% chance of +1 squad power and the other one gives 100% chance (so if you have both up, your squad gives 2-3 power every tick). I think the experience/gold benefits are the same for artifact and power. And stack. But I'm not absolutely sure.

I do have Respect, though, so in, uh, around ten-twelve hours I could get you the numbers.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2015
    Gryphons at least (as well as basilisks and chimaeras) were only available through the Czigany Wayfaire, though other players might be selling them as well.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Nope- some of these are dingbat beasts that you can only get while the Czigany Wayfaire is in town. I believe it's Chimera, Manticore, Snow Phoenix, Gryphon, and Basilisk that are only available there.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It rolls through, I think, around American Halloween each year. Completing the honors quest (which I found pretty frustrating the first time I bothered with it) nets you enough dingbats to buy some of them. Others are a little more expensive, so save up some dingbats ahead of time if you can.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ok so just coming back and paying no attention to the overhaul changes, I have learnt a number of my artifacts have been removed and I need to trade them in and look to get new artifacts that have come out as part of the overhaul.  

Problem is I don't know which artifacts have been retired.  Is there a list on the forums or an in-game help file for which artifacts are now retired?

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I think you can just ARTIFACT LIST RETIRED to see which of the ones you own are retired.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Magical      Magical attunement                      1       2

What gives this magic resistance bonus?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Low/High Magic skill.
  • Commandant's Shoulderknot: 125 credits
      - A squad led by the wearer will generate 5% extra gold when divided.

Does that mean it only works for squads of 2+ people? No solo benefit?
  • None of the commandant effects work solo, even when you're in your own squad. The power ticks provided by formation also don't happen when you're solo. Or even if you're in someone else's squad, but bashing elsewhere alone. I haven't tested a case where the leader alone is sitting somewhere while everyone bashes, though.

• Why are we only allowed to submit a few designs a year?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Presumably to prevent overloading the Charites. Still, if everyone submitted for all three of their public and private slots every year for every cartel... My heart breaks for the poor reviewers just thinking about it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Zeleni said:
    Why are we only allowed to submit a few designs a year?
    You can buy an artifact that expands your public/private slots by one (I believe it costs gold)
  • Why don't we have a peer review system?  It just seems like it's holding back a lot of creativity with the limits.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    We do, it's called mortal reviewers.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Zeleni said:
    Why don't we have a peer review system?  It just seems like it's holding back a lot of creativity with the limits.
    We do, of sorts! There is a panel of mortal reviewers who have applied and been accepted and trained by the Charites. It keeps reviewing in general as consistent as possible and means it is not a burden on just the admin. Lusternia maintains a pretty high standard of good grammar and spelling in all aspects of the game, including designs, and having trained reviewers contributes to that. :)

• Hoping this is the right place for this, I haven't really read this thread before.

Any suggestions on places/things to do when you're really trying to up your circles for demigod hood?
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Bashing wise, aetherhunts and large astral hunts give the most experience per hour.

Exp buffs are the best way to efficiently get exp. Easiest ones to get are human exp buff, harmony karma blessing, lowmagic autumn and goldentonics. If you plan properly, you can additionally get much larger exp buffs from buying golden lips and achievements bonuses.

If you're influencing, buying lengendary ikons in advance and stacking that on top of all of the above is recommended.

Naturally, exp buffs cost everything from time (for planning your achievements and making sure you don't pop them by accident) to gold and credits, and can become very expensive very quickly. Most people use it for the last spurt to demigod (levels 98, 99 etc) instead of just popping them everytime you bash. But the "easier" buffs (like harmony, autumn) are usually a good idea to pop whenever you can, in the leadup to level 98/99. Every little but helps.

• edited August 2015
    The human exp buff? Is that something that is a racial benefit? I'm sorry if I appear ignorant - I took a long break and came back and was like I'VE FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING.

For the other buffs, thankfully I have autumn (which I wasn't really aware of what it did, I don't use lowmagic very often! >.<), I have some golden tonics, and some rare ikons I was using. I also got a harmony blessing and had lips going for a while as well. Do Truefavours give a bonus to XP when they expire, or do they only boost your stats and skills? Right now I have three going.

For influencing, are there any creatures in particular that give larger XP than say, the guards at my nexus? Or would you say they all tend to give about the same benefit?

EDIT: And crap, you can tell I'm a novice with the autumn blessing because I just went to use it and realized too late that the day was almost over - I only have about 20 mins of the blessing.  *headdesk*
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    Guards are actually one of the worst ways to influence past level 80. You'll want to either make a circuit of the kepheran hives or go to Lirangsha and never leave for influencing. 

You can also ask a moondancer to harvest coven with you. It's worth remembering that it ends at the next dawn, not the next midnight.
  • Enyalida said:
    Guards are actually one of the worst ways to influence past level 80. You'll want to either make a circuit of the kepheran hives or go to Lirangsha and never leave for influencing. 

You can also ask a moondancer to harvest coven with you. It's worth remembering that it ends at the next dawn, not the next midnight.
    I tend to have a very poor sense of direction, so my influencing is often limited to the things that I can find easily on my own.
    Lirangsha, I remember that place, I'd been there once before when someone brought me, but I have no idea to get there. I think someone told me once that you can get there through the - Crystal Meadows? Is that what they're called? I know where they are, I just don't remember the name.

As for Lirangsha, I don't remember what creatures you influenced in particular, I think someone told me there were some that you were supposed to influence, and then others that you kill instead. It's been at least a year since I've been there.
    --------
    --------
  • Why is the Mallet of Forging the only trade artifact only the owner can use?
    Legacy.
  • Enyalida said:

Lirangsha is currently in Krokani-win mode, which has comparately few mobs.
  • How long does it take to build a decent amount of alcohol tolerance? And about how punishing is it to miss a month of getting drunk?
  • You build half a level per month. I can't remember how many levels there are, but the highest is unabashed alcoholic.

I think you drop half a level per month too. Unless you have the artifact.
  • Thanks! Also, do you know how drunk you need to get for it to count? I've just been drinking myself stupid and hoping for the best. It'd be nice to know at what point it was alright to stop.
  • There's a message when your tolerance increases. Remember it's only once a month though.
  • There will be a message - "You feel your tolerance to alcohol rise" or something along those lines. That can only appear once per month.

I'm also pretty sure that the rate of gain is higher than the rate of decay (per month), otherwise, you'll never gain any net tolerance.

• Aha! I noticed the message this time. My brain kind of lumped it in with the description of my whiskey's taste, so I was totally overlooking it, whoops. Thanks again.