Simple questions?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Are tells/messages with the Charites and other admin roles IC or OOC? I tend to treat them as OOC but when they refer to themselves with capitalized pronouns it gets confusing.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Zvoltz said:
    Daraius said:
    Are tells/messages with the Charites and other admin roles IC or OOC? I tend to treat them as OOC but when they refer to themselves with capitalized pronouns it gets confusing.
    The Charites and other admin shells (Oneiroi, Norns, etc.) are all OOC roles and you can treat them like that. They use "We" because the roles are multiple personae, ie the Oneiroi are a group of women, and also because they are representing the entire administration. Plus, once you start capitalizing all your pronouns it is hard to break the habit.
    Had to ask for permission to use @Lisaera's likeness for something, and had to speak with @Isune out of character before, and the first thing I did was apologise for capitalising pronouns that were sent towards them. It's the easiest way to make sure you don't bungle it during something important.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oh I almost never capitalize pronouns when addressing or talking about gods.  ;))
    I used to make cakes.

• When does Lusternia normally cycle through their next promotions?

Pretty pooped out on aethergoops -keeps on getting them in nearly very crate-. >_>
  • Edenwe said:
    When does Lusternia normally cycle through their next promotions?

Pretty pooped out on aethergoops -keeps on getting them in nearly very crate-. >_>
    Generally, each month is a new promo. There are sometimes (like this past time) that promos are extended.
  • {quote}Yvonari has sacrificed her lifeforce for the Serenwilde Forest.
    You see the death occur at a shaded woodland.  (5809)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Serenwilde Forest, South. {/quote}

What was that?
    My deathsight picked it up?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• It's a Stag skill. Provides regeneration (and curing?) to all her allies in the area.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Slight Necro.

What exactly is scentgo? I gather it's a Mudlet way to scent and instantly walk to someone, but how do I use it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Scent
    gotop X
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Does sickening purposefully not have a Healing cure, or am I missing something?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do kephera molt like other bugs do?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Rancoura said:
    It used to be a focus-spirit-cured Geo-only affliction. Healing just hasn't been updated for the overhaul.
    Rancoura said:

Akyaevin said:

Rancoura said:

It used to be a focus-spirit-cured Geo-only affliction. Healing just hasn't been updated for the overhaul.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't crotamine get changed to cause Sickening, and thus, sickening is an antidote cure?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You are wrong, it's a wafer cure. Antidote cures nothing now.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Shaddus said:
    Rancoura said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't crotamine get changed to cause Sickening, and thus, sickening is an antidote cure?

Whether this is true or not, Flushing doesn't clear it. Not following the Overhaul closely enough to know if this is a bug or not, though.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Could someone explain me in 'very simple terms' what this whole 1/10 buff thing means? Recently I got a 1/4 Health blessing and apparently that's not so good as a 1/10 ? And I have no idea what the second number tells me? I think in body scan the second number shows up as max? I've tried to find the answer, but not sure what to even look for.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Basically: A 1/4 buff means that the "stat" is increased by 1, up to a max of 4. A 1/10 buff means it's increased by 1 up to a max of 10. That means that a 1/4 buff is sometimes useless, for instance if you already have two 2/4 buffs already (since they on their own would increase it to 4/4, you'd not gain anything further by getting a 1/4 buff). A 1/10 buff, on the other hand, only becomes useless if you can already get 10/10 through other means, which is far less common.
  • I've been looking into custom beasts. One thing that stands out to me in its description is how you are able to order a custom beast to jump into your inventory. Are you able to use beast abilities like beast heal/spells and receive benefits like bodyguard and beast influencing bonuses while they are in your inventory?
  • Does anyone have the command to check how many days you've done for the promotion quest? (Assuming it's active this round. If it's not, can it be please?)
  • QUESTEVENT
  • So, I know already that if you quit an order, your cult dissolves(I mean, I assume so yes?). However, do you still retain the actual Veneration Power? Does it go into a dormant status or do you have to wait till you can become an Avatar again and then drop 75 million essence to buy it again?
  • How long does it generally take for artisanals and bardics to get judged?

Usually results come out at the end of the month following the deadline, sometimes up to a week into the next month. July's results ought to be out some time this week.
    I used to make cakes.

• Okay, thanks!

• How do you go about this month's quest event thing?
    Edenwe said:

I've been looking into custom beasts. One thing that stands out to me in its description is how you are able to order a custom beast to jump into your inventory. Are you able to use beast abilities like beast heal/spells and receive benefits like bodyguard and beast influencing bonuses while they are in your inventory?

No. This is simply for transporting them with you. When in your inventory, they're just items.
  • Renthur said:
    How do you go about this month's quest event thing?
    Wander the roads like gathering wanderers(bards/pilgrims/scholars) they are all in the pilgrims areas that I can see. YOu use Influence skill to empower 5 of them a day. Do this for 20-21 days(forgot what It said, it's in the announcements), and you get 20 dingbats(didn't say they were Sticky or not).
    Say they aren't too hard or long to wake up. when they do, they either say "make sure to wake us all up" or something to that effect if you haven't done five yet. At five it says "you've done enough for today" or something to that effect.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Renthur said:
    How do you go about this month's quest event thing?
    Wander the roads like gathering wanderers(bards/pilgrims/scholars) they are all in the pilgrims areas that I can see. YOu use Influence skill to empower 5 of them a day. Do this for 20-21 days(forgot what It said, it's in the announcements), and you get 20 dingbats(didn't say they were Sticky or not).
    Say they aren't too hard or long to wake up. when they do, they either say "make sure to wake us all up" or something to that effect if you haven't done five yet. At five it says "you've done enough for today" or something to that effect.

My problem was I couldn't find them at all because people seem to be immediately influencing them all.
  • edited September 2015
    Thalkros said:
    So, I know already that if you quit an order, your cult dissolves(I mean, I assume so yes?). However, do you still retain the actual Veneration Power? Does it go into a dormant status or do you have to wait till you can become an Avatar again and then drop 75 million essence to buy it again?

As I understand it (and this is not confirmed) you lose your Cult but retain the 75 million/0 weight Veneration Power, however you must still spend the 10 million (or 0 for ascendants) to form another Cult ... and start at Veneration Inept again, having to spend another 120 million or so cult essence to trans.

I suggest issuing yourself or contacting support for confirmation from an admin before actually doing so if this is likely to change your decision.