Simple questions?

Comments

• If stats don't matter, it should be taken out of the website's list of races.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The website is a bit behind in a lot of things, and uses the old helpfiles, I think. That might not be a bad idea to bring up to one of the admin, though.
  • Luce said:
    The website is a bit behind in a lot of things, and uses the old helpfiles, I think. That might not be a bad idea to bring up to one of the admin, though.
    I've started updating the racial pages on the website. If there are problems with the website, you can BUG it in game and I will take a look.

• Does anyone know if there was meant to be a buff for proofs for splendours post overhaul? Other than holding four proofs.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Not that I'm aware of. The buff/defense overhaul was meant to port defensive values to the new system without changing any values. Splendours previously gave no mechanical bonuses to proofings, being only superior to normal robes in their armor value and the freedom from wearing additional outerwear for those other two proofs. That's still the case, so other changes would need a report.
  • Weird, I thought they used to double the dmp of proofings
    This has come up a few times. As long as I've been playing that's not been the case, and I'm pretty sure it never was. When asking about it, one of the admins (some years ago) was surprised to learn that it was functionally the same (proofing-wise) as regular robes, or that warriors can have two of the four proofings on top of their superior armor, so who knows.
  • Three, actually. You can wear 3 accessories that can be proofed, but that's the limit.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, what's the third?
  • The overwear slot on the neck has 2 slots, so you can wear 2 cloaks, each proofed with a different proofing, and a coat on top of that, for your third proofing.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Wait what. You can wear two cloaks?! 

The more you know.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Does bleeding damage wake people up?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2015
    Turns out I was wrong, damn the 1%

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Not sure if it's really a simple question, but maybe someone can explain me what the use / intended use of 'suspended animation' and 'introspection' is (both from psychometabolism) when you have a curing system available? I think I might be overseeing something important? Especially suspended animation, I am not really sure about it's usefulness.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Suspended Animation is kind of a 'saveall' skill like trueheal

You spend 10p, and for a period of time, you can't be attacked and you heal up (curing all affs etc).

not sure about introspection

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Tarkenton said:
    Yes. 
  • Bleeding does not wake people up.

You close your eyes, curl up in a ball, and fall asleep.
    5657h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    You bleed 493 health.
    5164h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    5164h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    You are asleep and can do nothing. WAKE will attempt to wake you.
    6109h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    You begin your struggle to escape from the dreamworld.
    6109h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    You bleed 485 health.
    5624h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    You continue your struggle to escape from the dreamworld.
    5939h, 8800m, 6300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w exp-ÿù
    You open your eyes and yawn mightily.

Tarkenton said:

Correct, it does NOT wake people up. Source: years as a dreamweaving druid.
    Really? I tried sleeplock with ecology, but gave up after they kept giving the gasp of pain wakeup message. I just assumed it was the bleeding from my song. Now I wonder what it was. 
    edited September 2015
    It may be some specific bug related to the Harbinger songs. For instance, shadowpulse might be treated like a damage ability for some reason. 
  • Aeldra said:
    Not sure if it's really a simple question, but maybe someone can explain me what the use / intended use of 'suspended animation' and 'introspection' is (both from psychometabolism) when you have a curing system available? I think I might be overseeing something important? Especially suspended animation, I am not really sure about it's usefulness.
    Introspection is like a better version of meditate as in it regenerates more willpower than just normal meditating. Possibly more mana/ego, too, but with regen, that's hardly ever a concern. Given that WP is going away, though, it's basically not useful anymore. This is a good reminder to make it into a utility skill of some sort in my next report. Thanks.

Suspendedanimation is a "no you" ability. It has a lot of drawbacks, one being that you're put out of commission longer than if you actually just went ahead and died, but you can literally use it in any situation except stunned, uncon or asleep, and it'll save you immediately, no questions asked. You also come back with 110% vitals and fully cured. You can also leave it early, but that usually ends up in you dying immediately after you come back due to only being half-healed. It's primary use is to come back fully healed and then just to walk or bix out. It could be made more useful, but given its hugely powerful effects now, any change to it will need to come with giving up some of that invulnerability. It's great, however, for distracting the enemy team and playing mind games with them, and possibly splitting up their target focus. Won't work if the opponents know what they're doing, or if you're not the target focus, of course... though tactical discussions can probably be put elsewhere.

Lerad said:
    Aeldra said:
    Introspection is like a better version of meditate as in it regenerates more willpower than just normal meditating. Possibly more mana/ego, too, but with regen, that's hardly ever a concern. Given that WP is going away, though, it's basically not useful anymore. This is a good reminder to make it into a utility skill of some sort in my next report. Thanks.

Suspendedanimation is a "no you" ability. It has a lot of drawbacks, one being that you're put out of commission longer than if you actually just went ahead and died, but you can literally use it in any situation except stunned, uncon or asleep, and it'll save you immediately, no questions asked. You also come back with 110% vitals and fully cured. You can also leave it early, but that usually ends up in you dying immediately after you come back due to only being half-healed. It's primary use is to come back fully healed and then just to walk or bix out. It could be made more useful, but given its hugely powerful effects now, any change to it will need to come with giving up some of that invulnerability. It's great, however, for distracting the enemy team and playing mind games with them, and possibly splitting up their target focus. Won't work if the opponents know what they're doing, or if you're not the target focus, of course... though tactical discussions can probably be put elsewhere.
    Thank you for explaining this, it's good to know!

As for introspection, i'll be watching closely for any possible changes that might happen.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Is there a way to tell you can changeling to fink/gnome by looking at your cameo/intaglio yet? I remember it being discussed, but if there's specific lines I'd appreciate knowing them beforehand.
  • Do the Gods RP with the players in Their order and such?

I was talking about it the other day and was given the opinion that They don't - basically because they're admin, for starters, and that too much interaction would... do damage to political things?  I believe that's what I was told, but it's been a couple of days since the conversation.

Basically, I said I'd offered to Drocilla, talked to Her order members, and even PRAYed to Her, that I don't think She cared and I was told that She does care, but She won't RP with people much if at all.  I was mostly expecting Her to send one of Her peons to come talk to me, but the only people talking are the ones I track down myself.

I don't know - it just seems like here is this awesome pantheon and backstory and everything, so amazing, but the possibilities are quashed because they don't (can't?) RP with people.  Is this true, or am I getting a jaded opinion here?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2015
    They're volunteer administrators and have administrative responsibilities. RP, with all the god mode toys at their disposal, is basically the reward they get for taking those volunteer positions. Keep in mind they're just people. They can get stressed and burn out. They also have real life responsibilities like one everyone else.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Some orders have active gods that will RP with people, some have active gods who primarily RP (in their god persona) with members of that order, some orders don't have an active god.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The gods definitely interact with mortals! But as other have stated, they're still just players in the end (volunteers at that) who also do a lot of behind the scenes work and have lives. Just because you don't get one on one interaction shouldn't mean you don't bother joining an order. You never know what sort of attention you might draw to yourself by being a busy little cog :)

Hmm. More psychometabolism question. I've recently been playing around with 'lifedrain'. Can someone confirm / dispel the assumption that it does work on denizens? I don't see any messages or anything, but I feel like my health's dropping less quickly and I sip less health while it's active. I'm asking because I'd helpbug it so it's included whether or not it works on denizens. Thanks!
  • It does not work on denizens.
    edited September 2015
    Kyori said:
    It does not work on denizens.
    :-( So few abilities actually do. Will helpbug later. And thanks.