Simple questions?

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Is there a way to have characters speak in a play without them appearing to be on stage? Like a voice-over type deal.

Prompted by the request for a radio play. I know exactly what I want to do but am not sure I can do it.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Just BACKSTAGE SAY. Whether the character is visible onstage or not, the audience will hear it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    What is this and what do I do with it?

This vial has been fashioned by a highly trained artist from coral. There is a small stopper at the
    mouth.
    It has 114 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    Fragrance sloshes about in it.
    It has the following aliases: vial, elixir, potion.

• Qistrel said:
    What is this and what do I do with it?

This vial has been fashioned by a highly trained artist from coral. There is a small stopper at the
    mouth.
    It has 114 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 2 ounce(s).
    Fragrance sloshes about in it.
    It has the following aliases: vial, elixir, potion.
    Could it be an oil? For influencing?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• It's from a fountain. I have yet to discover any actual purpose for it. Last time I came across some, I couldn't apply it or sip it so I don't know, it takes up space I guess?
  • What are the room and probe lines for node power levels?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Should be:

Crackling <- Rainbow <- Motes <- Throbbing <- Glowing <- Crystalline <- Devoid

The details are where it starts to get foggy, since it has been ages since I ran numbers. Each level should be around 200-250 power before the next tier, though. The exception would be the Gaudi/Halli nodes, which are hyperinflated and thus have a massive Crackling stage before dipping down into the rest.

At Rainbow Hues, each hourly tic on astral should restore 100-120 power or so. If it gets to devoid, each tic restores only 1 power. Due to recharge times and how they scale down with each level, this is why most people will encourage you not to drain past Motes.

• edited November 2015
    Ok, this is where I'm confused then/ don't understand.

Earlier today I had this:

p node
    Raw power from the astral plane has condensed into large crystals that have melded together, forming a crystalline pillar. Several of the crystals have a slight inner glow.
    It weighs about 3472 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: node, crystal, power.

the room line (on ql) was: A crystalline power node pushes up from the ground here.

70 power later (headdress draws) and the node is empty.

So the 7 levels are for the room line and not probing? Or is this 'inner glow' a new level?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ayisdra said:
    Ok, this is where I'm confused then/ don't understand.

Earlier today I had this:

p node
    Raw power from the astral plane has condensed into large crystals that have melded together, forming a crystalline pillar. Several of the crystals have a slight inner glow.

the room line (on ql) was: A crystalline power node pushes up from the ground here.

70 power later (headdress draws) and the node is empty.

So the 7 levels are for the room line and not probing? Or is this 'inner glow' a new level?
    The node always looks the same when you probe it. you must look via QL to see the differences.
  • edited November 2015
    Why does it take balance to send msgs?

Or equilibrium, rather.

• Vivet said:
    Ayisdra said:

The node always looks the same when you probe it. you must look via QL to see the differences.

Huh. I swear that probe changes (or at least the second sentence does) as well then. I remember always probing the hallifax/gaudi nodes and seeing them change and moving when it gets to a line about motes.

Oh well. TIL.

And this is a dead node:

p node
    Raw power from the astral plane has condensed into large crystals that have melded together, forming a crystalline pillar. The crystals are dull and lifeless, having been drained of power.
  • Zeleni said:
    Why does it take balance to send msgs?

Or equilibrium, rather.
    Anti-spam, I think.
  • Has anyone tracked the conversion rate from esteem to essence yet? And if anyone has, can ya share it, please?

Thanks!

• Kyair said:

Has anyone tracked the conversion rate from esteem to essence yet? And if anyone has, can ya share it, please?

Thanks!

A while ago, yes. http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/38341/#Comment_38341
  • For music boxes - can you describe the sound it makes as part of the description? Or is this sort of thing not allowed?
  • How do you get to the Emerald Enclave? HELP EMERALD ENCLAVE isn't exactly specific...
    It's in the Inner Sea. Third level, I think. Room number for the entrance is 37525.
  • Um, most of the inner see roomnumbers are in the 2k range, so that doesn't sound right.
    I know the ship wreck with the dove is like 16K instead....

• The 37k room is in the Emerald Enclave, not the Inner Sea.
    I figured it'd be easier to give the number for the first room in the Enclave rather than the sea room right next to it. I'm assuming that you have an autowalker that could find the place?
  • erm, my auatowalker can't find the enclave, just the sea room.

Unrelated, What's this?
    def
    You are resisting blunt damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting magical damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting fire damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting cold damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting poison damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting asphyxiating damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting electrical damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting psychic damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.
    You are resisting excorable damage for another 4 hours and 1 minute.

• Lothringen suddenly rushes away at an impossible speed, his figure becoming a blur of motion.

What is that? It broke through pfifth.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Starleaper?
  • Yeah, but he'd been being hit before that.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Could have put it up mid fight. Actually rather clever.
  • Hey, @Estarra , the newspost and the store don't quite say the same thing... do you get a stocking for every 5 you hang, or for every 5 you open?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tridemon said:
    Hey, @Estarra , the newspost and the store don't quite say the same thing... do you get a stocking for every 5 you hang, or for every 5 you open?
    Every five you hang. I got mine before I'd unwrapped any. So you can share with friends and still get the bonus stockings!

• Hmm... Will have to see if other people will get them if they open 5 that are hung for them.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • It would be nice if @Estarra could tell us what these 'limited edition' artifacts were. (hint hint wink wink nudge nudge)
  • The bonus stockings are accumulated by hanging, not unwrapping.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.