Simple questions?

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Are the mini org Solstice quests over? Did I miss them because I wasn't able to log in on the 24th-25th? :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rancoura said:
    Are the mini org Solstice quests over? Did I miss them because I wasn't able to log in on the 24th-25th? :(
    Nope!  They are around through the New Year.  I think what you're missing is that Brultk doesn't reference the thing at all.  Just wander around Glomdoring, greet the redcaps to free them, and bring the shards they give you back to Brultk.  It took five for me.
  • I've helped a few people with it, and it's always five, AFAIK.
    Also you can still poke the redcaps instead of greeting them, which is what we did last year.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Does enlarge/diminish do anything now?

• Demesne influencing drops prestige if you're begging yeah?

Wording is saying it increases :S
  • So how do you remove a bow curio from an article of clothing?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Saran said:
    Demesne influencing drops prestige if you're begging yeah?

Wording is saying it increases :S
    Within your own demesne, you will find your ability of influence to be more effective as though you 
    had more prestige.

Eh, hmmm, not sure.

• What do the bows do?

Every bow attached to an article of clothing will raise the prestige of that article of clothing (except red bows will lower the prestige)

If you have an entire collection of bows, you will receive an influence bonus according
    to the collection:

Red Bows  3/10 Charity
    Orange Bows  3/10 Paranoia
    Yellow Bows  3/10 Weaken
    Green Bows  3/10 Empower
    Blue Bows  3/10 Seduction
    Indigo Bows  3/10 Village Influence
    Violet Bows  3/10 Diplomacy

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tridemon said:
    So how do you remove a bow curio from an article of clothing?
    Oddly, "get bow from robes" works for me.

My question is, if you forget where you put your bows, how can you tell where they are? They don't show up on look/probe. Do you just attempt to take them from all your clothes? :|

• do bows make an item nondecay?

Arix said:
    do bows make an item nondecay?

They do not.

And to answer my own question on the previous post, CURIO SHOW COMPLETE <ID#> will show what clothing a bow is currently housed in.

• Announce 2528 says stockings will refill each IG day. Is that just platinum stockings, or are stockings people hung up for you supposed to stick around, too?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:
    Announce 2528 says stockings will refill each IG day. Is that just platinum stockings, or are stockings people hung up for you supposed to stick around, too?
    It's just awkard wording. Basically:

Every day at midnight, the game checks to see if empty stockings are up. If they are, it fills them. Golden stockings only started filling like this on the 25th of December, and platinum only on the 1st of January. Once a filled stocking is opened, it's gone.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Are frogges and scabbards runeable?
  • Do brewmeisters get access to any cartels to make actual recipes of teas and such, or can they only make the generic ones?
    edited January 2016
    Brewmeisters can now join cooking cartels and get the brew recipies from them!

• They still can't join the org cooking cartel, though, right? Just private ones.

I kinda wish there was some sort of system for org cartels, like library cards, where the TM could give temporary and revocable use of designs to non-members (both brewmeisters and people outside the org). Probably of too little use to ever really be worth it though.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited January 2016
    I'm almost positive that I see recipes from spicegulch when I am a brewmeister.

Edit to clarify: I see them on 'recipes brews,' yet I can't view their specific recipes, or make them. Weird.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited January 2016
    *****************************[ Bodyscan - Vitals ]******************************
    Stat         Effect                                   Value   Max
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Health       Veteran                                  1       4
    Health       Endurance                              1       4
    Health       Calisthenics                            1       5
    Health       Badger transmigration              1       5
    Health       Infused food                            1       5
    Health       Yellow                                    1       5
    Health       Life karma blessing                  1       8
    Health       Artifact rune                            2       12
                   Total                                  8

Why is the total 8, and not 9?

• edited January 2016
    Sondayga said:
    *****************************[ Bodyscan - Vitals ]******************************
    Stat         Effect                                   Value   Max
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Health       Veteran                                  1       4
    Health       Endurance                              1       4
    Health       Calisthenics                            1       5
    Health       Badger transmigration              1       5
    Health       Infused food                            1       5
    Health       Yellow                                    1       5
    Health       Life karma blessing                  1       8
    Health       Artifact rune                            2       12
                   Total                                  8

Why is the total 8, and not 9?

one of them isn't counting I think. You have two 1/4's and four 1/5's
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    You hit 5/5 at infused food. Yellow's 1/5 then didn't do anything for you.
  • Tarkenton said:
    You hit 5/5 at infused food. Yellow's 1/5 then didn't do anything for you.
    ah thank you

So sneak in stealth, that's bascially shroud, right? So I think people (with thirdeye) see me in a room like 'Nikkakorra is here, shrouded.

Question is, if I get the ChoiceLook power, will that override the shrouded thing, or will people still see me with the shrouded message? Cause if it's still the shrouded message, then I don't see any point to getting ChoiceLook cause I always have sneak on. I'm so sneaky.

• What's choicelook?

Demigod power.

• Shroud covers choicelook.

• How do guild favours work? I mean, how many 'points' does a guild favour from someone GR 5 give, as opposed to one from a GR19?

I understand that guild ranks progress like so:

GR 1 -> GR 2 : need 10 points
    2 -> 3 : need 20 more points (total 30)
    3 -> 4 : need 30 more points (total 60)

so on and so forth, and that GR19+ favours are worth 10 points. I'm just wondering how the lower-ranked favours shape up.

• Do Nihilist and Celestine symbols have any definitive shape? What are they, exactly? Are they supposed to have a unique shape based on the 'faith' of their wielder? I did some cursory look on them thanks to folks like Azula, but I couldn't see any shape or form. Rather, I saw symbols and what they're made of.
    The Nihilist ones (have descs of all five if you want) are nearly all described as stones, suggesting to me that they are, well, round, roughly spherical, and small enough to fit into the hand. The exception is the Gorgulu one which is made of clay and 'twisted and deformed'. But I would guess it's of vaguely the same size and shape regardless.

Note, these are the Nihilist ones, and Magnagora is a city that is linked to the Earth Plane, so the stone shape may be Nihlist only, and not applicable to Celestines.