edited January 2016
    Tylwyth said:
    RITUALS - ENCIPHER 
    Syntax: CHANT ENCIPHER <journal/letter> <cipher> 
    READ <object> DECIPHER <cipher> 
    CHANT TRANSLATE <journal/letter>  <cipher> 

So what are the limits of the <cipher>? 
    Character limits and stuff? 
    And if you give it to a ritualist can they then decipher it? 
    Anyone every use this? I mean, I assume it would be mostly for RP purposes....

If you give it to a ritualist who knows the cipher (the  password) yes. No, only ritualists know the encipher skill, oddly enough. I think it should be more widely known, tbh. Perhaps somewhere up in Arts? Ritualists would just get it for free immediatly. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Astro can push you over the limits.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Interesting, though not consistantly I'd assume?

• Astrology spheres seem to give an x/10 buff/malus, depending on the current star alignments.
    See you in Sapience.
    It's astro, it's never consistent. That being said, running around as a 12.3k health monk was neat.
  • With the warrior affs in and restorativeice a thing, are there still any need for the old herbs/curatives?
    See you in Sapience.
    Monks can still do stuff to you that needs old cures.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think the H/M/E blessing from Herofetes and Urlach give x/10, and Divine Truefavours should as well. Does the demi boost give an x/10?
    Pretty sure the first two are x/8. Not sure about demi.
    There is no demi boost. Demi only gives regen, not vitals.

Isn't veteran the demi boost?
  • Tarkenton said:
    Isn't veteran the demi boost?
    It's in combat.

There is no demi boost.

• edited January 2016
    Is it possible to get unenemied to Alakar (i'Xiia Asylum)?

(without the influence ability and paying 100k?)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2016
    Someone can influence on your behalf. I'm told it's possible to get a full reprieve that way, but I've never been able to get more than a few Lusternian months' amnesty through influencing alone.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Salith said:
    Is it possible to get unenemied to Alakar (i'Xiia Asylum)?

(without the influence ability and paying 100k?)
    You can ask someone to influence with amnesty on your behalf, which will give you a temporary amnesty for a certain time period. (on the scale of 3 real life days to two weeks, I believe).
  • edited January 2016
    I'm not sure I like that. Yes, actions have consequences and that's super cool; no other IRE game really does that. But all the areas I've been to before this don't lock you out of quests for doublecrossing so it wasn't totally stupid of me to assume it was okay to mindlessly bash in i'Xiia either.

There could be a curve. A 'you can't do that in this game' kind of thing, I guess. Going from no consequences to spending 100k+ isn't ideal, I think.

edit: sorry, didn't mean to poop up the questions thread! Disregard my whining.
    There are some places where the fine could probably be lessened. Certain places are linked to conflict quests that matter to orgs, so you want the fines pretty high, but i'Xiia Asylum isn't one of those.

Does kingdom help with bruising?

• Qistrel said:
    Does kingdom help with bruising?
    OOH, I've been wondering this....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2016
    ****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 218****************************

Short Description: a half-mask of soporific shades
    Dropped Description: Radiating wisps of dreamstuff, a half-mask of shimmering colours lies here, unworn.
    Extended Description: Imbued with the magics of the Dreaming, this half-mask is the perfect aide for the weary adventurer. Oblong in shape, it fits comfortably around both eye sockets and along the bridge of the nose; it is made of some unusual fabric with a texture that is at once like the silkiest of furs, the soft down of goose feathers, and even the gentle caress of a cloud. A gradient of calming colours and hues dyes the fabric: from soothing periwinkle to sedate lilac, it finally deepens in shade along the edges of the mask to a lustrous black. Glowing softly, a thin ribbon of silk connects the two ends, curiously able to maintain purchase on any size head. Wisps of silvery-blue dreamstuff weave and radiate across the mask - a shimmer of dweomer that promises sweet dreams and nightmares alike.

Artifact Ability:

Can Transform: a half-mask of soporific shades
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know what this does?

edited January 2016
    I thiiiink it lets you see dreams while awake?

EDIT: Actually, that's a wonder item power, so, no, not sure what it does.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Gero I think it does let you see dreams while awake, as @qistrel says. I googled it once and a news post on achea came up stating the item doing that.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I will be coming upon my weapon specialization for Knighthood soon and wanted to know if the old helpfiles were outdated or not.

If they are, could someone give me a rundown on how the weapons act post-update? Thank you.
    If you're talking about speed/damage/accuracy, all weapons of one type are equal. So if you want to be pureblade, you can run around with a claymore, greatsword or bastardsword happily, whereas before everyone used just katanas. It's just which one you think sounds coolest now.

Weapons now have two enhancement slots (I think). A forger can put one of a couple of different enhancements in it (including speed, extra damage, extra wounding, better chance to poison). There's also artifact runes that can add extra slots.

Apart from the slot customization, your sword will be like everyone else's sword.

• Qistrel said:
    If you're talking about speed/damage/accuracy, all weapons of one type are equal. So if you want to be pureblade, you can run around with a claymore, greatsword or bastardsword happily, whereas before everyone used just katanas. It's just which one you think sounds coolest now.

Weapons now have two enhancement slots (I think). A forger can put one of a couple of different enhancements in it (including speed, extra damage, extra wounding, better chance to poison). There's also artifact runes that can add extra slots.

Apart from the slot customization, your sword will be like everyone else's sword.
    I meant moreso how weapon types (Bardiche, 2handed swords, axes, etc) vary between one another, but I appreciate the info :)
    I can't answer that very well sadly. On that note, how tied to mount is the Cavalier spec? Can I finally play a ground-based halberdier?

• Qistrel said:
    I can't answer that very well sadly. On that note, how tied to mount is the Cavalier spec? Can I finally play a ground-based halberdier?
    This is actually exactly what I want to know as well. The thought of having to sit on a mount 24/7 just to fight properly bothers me, and I originally wanted to go down that specialization until I was told about the mount aspect of it.
  • edited January 2016
    Eskell said:
    Qistrel said:

I meant moreso how weapon types (Bardiche, 2handed swords, axes, etc) vary between one another, but I appreciate the info :)
    The only differences are their hand requirements (1v2h), base damage, and base bleed/bruising. The differences are fairly small, and are in place so different weapon types better complement their specialization's playstyle. E.g. 2h swords do a bit more bleeding than other weapons, and 2h axes do a bit more damage. Overall, though, you're best off selecting your spec based either on which weapon seems coolest, or which spec better matches your preferred playstyle. A very general rundown of the main focus of each spec is:

Blademaster: Afflictions and poisons.
    Pureblade: Bleeding
    Bonecrusher: Bruising and hindering.
    Axelord: Damage and wounding.
    Cavalier: Limb-based afflictions, using both cutting and blunt damage.

EDIT: For the most part, Cavalier is significantly less mount-dependent now, though there are a number of steed-related skills that require you to be mounted on your steed. The bread-and-butter weaponry stuff, however, does not require it.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.

• Tylwyth said:
    RITUALS - ENCIPHER 
    Syntax: CHANT ENCIPHER <journal/letter> <cipher> 
    READ <object> DECIPHER <cipher> 
    CHANT TRANSLATE <journal/letter>  <cipher> 

So what are the limits of the <cipher>? 
    Character limits and stuff? 
    And if you give it to a ritualist can they then decipher it? 
    Anyone every use this? I mean, I assume it would be mostly for RP purposes....
    I wrote a book on this! I haven't noticed a charlength limit on the cipher, but the tradeoff is that the provided cipher isn't actually used in the encryption process, the corollary being that the key isn't used in the decryption process either(and also can't be deduced given a paired plaintext and ciphertext). Instead, far as I can tell it's used for the system to check against the stored value and if they match it deciphers. Usable characters are the lusternia standard, ascii 32-126. It's not super useful all in all, the actual keyspace is about ten thousand. And yeah, any ritualist can translate/decipher any other ritualist's encipher, long as they have the key.