Simple questions?

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Qistrel said:
    Does kingdom help with bruising?
    Yes. Looked to be 16 bruising cured every 5 seconds (at least when there's no bleeding along with it).
  • TAILORING - WASHING

Syntax: WASH <clothing>

You can wash items of clothing to remove any proofings on them, among
    other things.

What other things?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Well, y'know... Fighting with robes on tends to get rather messy at times. All that blood and gut just doesn't vanish, you know.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    How many active players can Lusternia be estimated to have at the moment? 150? 200?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited January 2016
    Enyalida said:
    Tylwyth said:
    RITUALS - ENCIPHER 
    Syntax: CHANT ENCIPHER <journal/letter> <cipher> 
    READ <object> DECIPHER <cipher> 
    CHANT TRANSLATE <journal/letter>  <cipher> 

So what are the limits of the <cipher>? 
    Character limits and stuff? 
    And if you give it to a ritualist can they then decipher it? 
    Anyone every use this? I mean, I assume it would be mostly for RP purposes....

If you give it to a ritualist who knows the cipher (the  password) yes. No, only ritualists know the encipher skill, oddly enough. I think it should be more widely known, tbh. Perhaps somewhere up in Arts? Ritualists would just get it for free immediatly.

OR: Perhaps Discernment or one of those non-combat artifacts people are always saying should be made instead.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or, yknow, Bookbinding.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or not bookbinding, it's dumb enough that languages are locked behind an otherwise useless trade skill. Make it a common skill/demigod power/artifact/all three. 
  • >bookbinding
    >useless
    MA'AAAMMMMMMM.
  • edited January 2016
    Can org cartels buy the clan slot expansions?

If not, can this be a thing?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do powerstones work with weaponenhance?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Yes.
  • Does the Daeiv ma'Mornhai quest still work? I've never even seen spriggans there, can't figure out where to start and I must consume all the lore. 
  • Is that the one you get to from "A roc and a hard place"?
    Or something else. I think the Wyrdyr has spriggans, maybe....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Hey. I ISSUED myself five or six days ago but I guess people are busy so I figured I'd ask here.

Can a custom artifact pet be an existing beast type, like a wyvern? Is the pet at all based off your current pet? Do you have to start all over with trains?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @salith To my knowledge a custom artifact pet can be an existing beast if you have it colared (beastmasters collar, 250 cr). The upgrade to pet only costs 250 credits then. Not sure if trains reset.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Collar of the Dracnari Beastmasters: 250 credits
         - ATTACH  <collar> TO <beast that is loyal to you>
         - Capable of learning an additional 100 trains above an average beast
         - Can never be deleted; permanent level 12
         - Does not pay stable fees.
         - Makes the beast reset to your stable every 18 hours. Can never
           be killed permanently.
         * NOTE: Trading in this artifact will destroy the mount. There is  *
         * no upgrade, even if you want another collar--there is a 50%      *
         * credit fee on such a trade-in.                                   *
         * NOTE: This artifact may be used exactly once and no longer       *
         * exists after it is used. It may not be removed or transferred,   *
         * NOTE: You can convert a collared beast to a pet with a full      *
         * 250cr credit to the pet price (i.e., can convert into a full pet *
         * for 250cr). TURNING YOUR COLLARED PET INTO A CUSTOM BEAST WILL   *
         * REMOVE ITS INHERENT ABILITIES BUT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REDESCRIBE *
         * IT AT NO EXTRA COST.                                             *

Relevant bits from HELP PETS bolded
  • Kalaneya said:
    Does the Daeiv ma'Mornhai quest still work? I've never even seen spriggans there, can't figure out where to start and I must consume all the lore. 
    I'm pretty sure this quest is currently bugged (sadly). The spriggans should be right there when you go to ethereal, but for some reason they aren't spawning (also two of the pillars are lit and the Milch Mother is there, which is all off). It's been bugged by a couple people, so hopefully they're working on it.

Tylwyth said:
    Is that the one you get to from "A roc and a hard place"?
    Or something else. I think the Wyrdyr has spriggans, maybe....
    You're thinking of squonks.
  • Thanks, guys. But my question primarily related to the 'is your custom pet based off your current beast at all'.

As in, can I turn my horse into a wyvern?
  • You can't turn your horse into a wyvern. You can upgrade your horse into something that looks different and has custom reactions (and other custom pet perks) but is still a horse. If you want a wyvern, you'd need to either collar and upgrade a wyvern or just purchase a custom wyvern separately.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2016
    I turned my stag into a stag beetle.

Was a collared stag. Turned him into a stag beetle, that isn't a stag. Like 'poke stag' doesn't poke him, but poke beetle does.

So, unless it was changed since I did that, you can change beasts into a different type.

• edited January 2016
    Thanks. Honestly, I was just being lazy and didn't want to start over on all my trains. It would be much more optimal for me to start with a wyvern anyways.

Though, I have seen custom pets that aren't of types that currently exist (or that I know of based off second-hand knowledge and the wiki). And, the help file indicates that you can make your custom beast pretty much whatever you want as long as it's not humanoid or something else ridiculous. 

So, does that mean that you can make it anything you want aside from an existing beast type? If so, the help file should probably be updated; as I wouldn't have spent this past week training a different beast if I knew.

edit: to clarify, I'm talking strictly about the beast -> pet process. I know that a brand new pet can be pretty much whatever.
  • Qistrel said:

Was a collared stag. Turned him into a stag beetle, that isn't a stag. Like 'poke stag' doesn't poke him, but poke beetle does.

So, unless it was changed since I did that, you can change beasts into a different type.
    That kind of thing is not typically possible due to how items work; even the admin are limited by the base noun requirement (though we have some more flexibility than players, sorry trademasters). Either Estarra really did something impressive to make that work or she just built you a new beast. That's entirely up to her, but I don' think everyone can rely on that always being the case.

@Salith I'd recommend e-mailing artifacts@lusternia.com with your specific situation to get an official answer. Typically it isn't possible to change the base noun of an item but apparently there has been some flexibility in the past based on what @Qistrel has said.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
    Qistrel said:

That kind of thing is not typically possible due to how items work; even the admin are limited by the base noun requirement (though we have some more flexibility than players, sorry trademasters). Either Estarra really did something impressive to make that work or she just built you a new beast. That's entirely up to her, but I don' think everyone can rely on that always being the case.

@Salith I'd recommend e-mailing artifacts@lusternia.com with your specific situation to get an official answer. Typically it isn't possible to change the base noun of an item but apparently there has been some flexibility in the past based on what @Qistrel has said.

Obviously Estarra is just awesome.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2016
    Oops, realised what I had to say wasn't relevant to the conversation. Carry on!
  • Does raise hood do anything anymore?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Stratas said:
    Does raise hood do anything anymore?
    I heard it didn't.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    since you don't need a helm or greatrobe hat anymore, I doubt it.

• For questing purposes, where on earth do you get raw lumber / hemp / fruit / vegetables etc that village people ask for?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Anita said:
    For questing purposes, where on earth do you get raw lumber / hemp / fruit / vegetables etc that village people ask for?
    1) Cut trees.  2&3) Kill the villagers.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    If you make tailoring dormant, will your splendors go poof on you?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.