Simple questions?

Comments

• It used to be that splendours got dropped to non-splendour stats, but were otherwise unchanged. I'm assuming this is still the case.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It is.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Ssaliss said:
    It used to be that splendours got dropped to non-splendour stats, but were otherwise unchanged. I'm assuming this is still the case.

Restored to splendour stats upon reactivation of Tailoring, I hope?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    No, they will just have reduced armour (equivalent to normal great robes) until you make it active again.

• Are monks going to be finished before the ascension since it's been pushed back into February, or are you waiting until after? @Ieptix
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Origami questions:

1. Can I send riftables (like cures) through origami?
    2. Do things in origami decay while in a stockroom?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Yes and yes, I think. Or rather, for the second, the origami itself decays if it has something inside it, but the things inside won't decay.

• edited January 2016
    Lerad said:
    Yes and yes, I think. Or rather, for the second, the origami itself decays if it has something inside it, but the things inside won't decay.

The latter is true, Modular origami decays in shops but stuff inside it doesn't decay while it's closed.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Why do squads clear on death? It's really annoying!
  • Marcella's eyes roll back into her head and she begins to chant ugly, discordant words. With each 
    syllable uttered, white, viscous smoke oozes out of her mouth.
    The smoke envelops you, leaving behind a thick coat of sticky slime.
    Your eye immediately notices the flaws in what is obviously an illusion.

Haven't noticed the last thing before, anyone know what it is?
    Like a skill I have?

• Tylwyth said:
    Marcella's eyes roll back into her head and she begins to chant ugly, discordant words. With each 
    syllable uttered, white, viscous smoke oozes out of her mouth.
    The smoke envelops you, leaving behind a thick coat of sticky slime.
    Your eye immediately notices the flaws in what is obviously an illusion.

Haven't noticed the last thing before, anyone know what it is?
    Like a skill I have?
    Marcella wasn't really give you ectoplasm, it was someone's illusion.  You diserned the illusion though

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I knew it was illusion at that point....
    Thanks I guess....

• The higher your arts skill is, the more chance yo have to peer through illusions.

AB CRITIQUE is a near-trans skill in arts that even lets you dispel them.
  • Genuinely curious.

Why do most combat runes have to be on jewelry, but others can be on clothes?

Is there some kind of mechanical reason, or was it a design choice?
  • Jewelry used to be the only things runes could go on (those that didn't go on weapons, that is) - they didn't want people making other things permanent.

That changed recently, I suppose. Possibly partly due to player request.

• Lerad said:
    Jewelry used to be the only things runes could go on (those that didn't go on weapons, that is) - they didn't want people making other things permanent.

From HELP COMBAT ARTIFACTS:
    " Please note that most runes must be attached to a piece of jewellery in order to provide the intended effect. The exceptions to this are offensive and defensive damage runes, which can go on clothing and armour. "

That sounds a lot like they CAN go on other items, they just won't do anything. Is that the case?
  • Salith said:
    Lerad said:
    Jewelry used to be the only things runes could go on (those that didn't go on weapons, that is) - they didn't want people making other things permanent.

From HELP COMBAT ARTIFACTS:
    " Please note that most runes must be attached to a piece of jewellery in order to provide the intended effect. The exceptions to this are offensive and defensive damage runes, which can go on clothing and armour. "

That sounds a lot like they CAN go on other items, they just won't do anything. Is that the case?
    If they can be attached to an item, then they should be providing their benefit.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Just double checking, greatsuits can include the shirt and undershirt, the vest/waistcoat, tie, cummerbund, cufflinks, and pants (as appropriate), but never the jacket, belt, cloak, mantle, gloves, sash, or tophat, correct?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You can include the suit jacket, since it's part of the suit! But no extra accessories that you can wear as well as the suit. (eg you can't wear a shirt or pants with a suit, but you can gloves and hat)

• - Virulent: When unenvenomed, the weapon will attempt to apply a 
    selected poison by default, as though it were envenomed with that 
    poison.

Can this be applied to daggers for use with TK AnimateDagger?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Marcella said:
    Are monks going to be finished before the ascension since it's been pushed back into February, or are you waiting until after? @Ieptix
    I'm not specifically planning around Ascension, but I have things on my to-do list ahead of monks so it's unlikely they'll be done before Ascension.

Stratas said:
    - Virulent: When unenvenomed, the weapon will attempt to apply a 
    selected poison by default, as though it were envenomed with that 
    poison.

Can this be applied to daggers for use with TK AnimateDagger?
    It should be possible to do so.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Do the 300 credits for the No-Brainer pack count for the Wondercrystal promotion, and if so, as how many credits? Asking for a friend.
  • No they don't.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    How many lessons in Planar does the intro have newbies learn?

And has anyone figured out the new chart for what Knighthood abilities are learned at which benchmarks?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LEARN 15 PLANAR FROM ATROPOS

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I keep bothering admins to send me the skill learning rankings. I haven't been updating the wiki the past few days because of RL stuff (and low investment in the game right now, tbh), but I'll put that data in once I have it. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Do you need any of the abs for the new vitals you get at virtuoso in the common skills? Like veteran in combat and so on?

• Has there ever been an actual syzygy in Lusternian history?
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited February 2016
    What type? 
    We can play chess so there is likely a tablebase involved by someone at some point. 
    The Peotry syzygy  may have been used, but I don't know how you would search for that. 
    If you mean the astronomy Syzygy, which is just a straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies in a gravitational system, well, I've never heard of a lunar or solar eclipse.