Simple questions?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Don't raid places with monks.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Does anyone have the third person message for Psymet pheromones, if there is one? Asking for a friend.
    It's identical to love potion, so no.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Monk damage is in a weird place right now. They removed wounds scaling, so monks don't get to multiply their damage to huge 4k, 5k bursts anymore (and the new max health paradigm has changed how effective that is too). But they raised the base damage to compensate. Either that, or the armour changes brought the damage higher. Not sure which, since the armour and wound changes were implemented within a short window, and I've forgotten which came first. But either way, it's in a weird place. 

In my own experience, Nekotai damage at high momentum is still more or less the same as it used to be - I haven't noticed killing people much faster or anything like that. Not sure if low momentum forms got a boost because of the changes, but they might have - though it probably doesn't matter much in the long run, a low mo monk probably won't kill you unless he gets to high mo anyway, higher damage or not. The damage range probably has been narrowed, so you'll see monks doing more damage when they used to do a pittance (due to low wounds and at low mo, no affs) but having the higher ranges capped down because of the lack of exponential scaling. At least, that's what I have anecdotally observed.

• I don't have actual logs, but the times I have noticed being hit by monks (Wobou, there's another Shofangi is Seren I've noticed) damage was never an issue. Maybe there just aren't that many of them, but I almost want to say my issues with monks are at an all time low. Most of my monk interaction has been Wobou on and off. 

Admittedly, I am beefier than Twytch due to artifacts/forcefield, but I don't recall looking through logs and seeing anything near 3k/4k bursts in those instances, and I reread basically every fight. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm mostly seeing the really high damage bursts with things like oothai. 
  • And of course my laptop crashes and I lost my logs from two days ago until today. That includes the monk fights, which means no unpeeling for me until I find another monk to poke.
    See you in Sapience.
  • So, I basically consolidated my oldest and most credit-wealthy characters in the iron realm games into this little warrior on Lusternia. I've learned all the skills I want to so far, and I have a little over 2000 bound credits left. My choices are: get a few combat artifacts to make hunting easier, grab an Endowment and the no-brainer lesson package to trans another trade skill, or to get some quality of life upgrades (powerplex gem, hammer, pet)

I'm just looking for some opinions on this, since I've been away from Lusternia for a while, and a lot has changed on the artifact scene.
    I wouldn't go for an extra trade unless you really really love being a tradesperson. It's a lot of credits for something of dubious use, depending on what the two trades are.
  • Enyalida said:

I wouldn't go for an extra trade unless you really really love being a tradesperson. It's a lot of credits for something of dubious use, depending on what the two trades are.

Thanks. And, after reading some stuff about the game economy, I think I'll go ahead and ditch the trade skill idea and just ask current bookbinders for journals and the like.

So, ideas for combat and utility artifacts?
    Likewise, get one pipe rune. It's cheap and all you need, really good buy.
  • If I write something for In-Game and it is submitted to the library / competition for prestige, can I also submit it as a bardic?
  • Anita said:

If I write something for In-Game and it is submitted to the library / competition for prestige, can I also submit it as a bardic?

Yes.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited July 2016
    Anita said:

If I write something for In-Game and it is submitted to the library / competition for prestige, can I also submit it as a bardic?

As Dylara said, yes. Although it might be a good idea to submit it to bardics first if you can help it, as last we were told judging for bardics (and artisanals) is suppose to be blind.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Does anyone know how to embed images in the new HTML formatting? I can't ask people to include their trainer cards if I don't know how to give it to them. :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Test:

• Yep.

Either click the image right next to the "C" in the toolbar, or use < img src="https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cd/1b/12/cd1b12a36b861c2a8dfe625bd0ce62ae.jpg" / > (without the spaces before and after < > )
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Ssaliss is made of awesomesauce everyone. Send him love.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • What are the chances of getting gold when rubbing a curio? Does it depend on whether it's a rare or not? Does it depend on whether it's a quest curio or not?

I scanned through some old posts, looks like it was ~15%, then it increased dramatically, then it was dropped again. I didn't see anyone post numbers about what it went to.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    15% feels about right to me, but that might be luck and anecdotal. I know that the odds of a rare rubbing into gold was intentionally tanked, and it feels like the odds are it'll turn into another rare, a rare of a different set, two commons, or gold in decreasing probability. If a rare DOES rub into gold it'll be more than a common.
  • I don't think it's possible to rub a rare into gold at all.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Had it happen once with an alt, but it may have been pre-changes. I want to say I got like 20K out of it but that may be a constructed memory.
  • edited July 2016
    Luce said:

15% feels about right to me, but that might be luck and anecdotal. I know that the odds of a rare rubbing into gold was intentionally tanked, and it feels like the odds are it'll turn into another rare, a rare of a different set, two commons, or gold in decreasing probability. If a rare DOES rub into gold it'll be more than a common.

Sorry. For the rare question, I meant to ask the probability that it rubs into anything other than another rare.
  • I think I've had one rub into gold once. Not sure what the odds are though.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Rares don't turn into gold, they turn into other rares OR two non-rare pieces.

• For some reason, when I read my first journal every page lists the author as "glorlee," but when I probe it it says the author is Mica. The new journal I just bought doesn't do this, lists me as the author both when read and probed. Think it's a bug?

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

• Mica said:

For some reason, when I read my first journal every page lists the author as "glorlee," but when I probe it it says the author is Mica. The new journal I just bought doesn't do this, lists me as the author both when read and probed. Think it's a bug?

Sounds like.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Looks like I might get a lot of mileage out of this thread. There wouldn't happen to be a neutral kennel where a rogue Tracker could get a hound, would there? :D
  • Nope
    Your numbers today are:
  • Eh, thought that might be the answer. Ah, well. Farewell, dear mastiff! Looks like I'll have to track down items and npcs myself now. No more lazy tracker.