Simple questions?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    3a) Because crystals are (modestly) 50-100 cr right now, so if you aren't lucky you'll end up paying nearly double. Also they won't. Also, if the spectacles are the ones I'm thinking of, it's a "put this on, keep this perk" artifact, as opposed to a defense.
  • 1) Don't have horn but I assume it works like pipe, which is always on
    2) Unlimited use. There's actually an accepted envoy report in the backlog (#1424) to make it last until death or log out.
    3) These are also unlimited use but already last until death or logout.
    3a) Smokeweb is enemies only whereas spectacles work on allies as well. I think that's the only difference though.
  • Thanks! I have another few embarrassing questions...

1. Is there a better way than trial and error (and intuition) to figure out what can be worn on top of other things, etc.?

2. Can I check the prestige of a particular item of clothing?

3. How do influence knots work? Do they take up the slots of a robe/armour?   
  • 1. Unfortunately no.
    2. If you have itemlist in discernment, itemlist clothes/clotheslist.
    3. Yes, they work just like the resistance/weather/celerity knots.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Mrak said:
    Thanks! I have another few embarrassing questions...

1. Is there a better way than trial and error (and intuition) to figure out what can be worn on top of other things, etc.?

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/1212/tailoring-layers-information/  may be helpful.

• Quick question: Adoption and such, I must be 13 years older than my candidate son or daughter.  Does age warping effects count toward this. For example if I am 35 and my potential son is  25 can I time warp him down a few years or me up a few years to adopt?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Aeonics does, absolutely. The only thing Hallifax cannot change is your Nativity for Astrology. Penumbra, however, does not count for family stuff.
  • #justiceforpenumbra
    #acceptnosubstitutes
    #NightorNothing
    #NeverAeonics
  • So I cant force a 300 year old into penumbra and then adopt them haha ok thanks that does answer my question.
  • Do ur'traps still have a chance to drop coins?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Do ur'traps still have a chance to drop coins?
    Yes.

Source: got a coin this morning.
  • How much is five goop?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Not a lot
  • -_- I see.
  • Veyils said:
    Quick question: Adoption and such, I must be 13 years older than my candidate son or daughter.  Does age warping effects count toward this. For example if I am 35 and my potential son is  25 can I time warp him down a few years or me up a few years to adopt?
    I did this for that reason, the adoption fell through, but you absolutely can. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited August 2016
    Rolsand said:
    How much is five goop?
    @Rolsand If we're taking the credit:goop conversion as per GOOP LIST, then 1 credit is equal to 20 goop.

Five goop, then, is a quarter of a credit. At the current market price of approximately 35,000 sovereigns per credit, that means five goop is around 8,750 sovereigns in total.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Can monks where regular clothes (non-armor) without interfering with tattoo armor, or must they be fully naked?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • You can wear all your clothing. It's one of the perks!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Non-armor clothing is fine, thank goodness.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA

Daraius said:
    Non-armor clothing is fine, unfortunately for @Daraius fans.

FTFY.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Say I wanted to do something like a monolith or standing stone in a manse. Is there a furniture category something like that could fit? 

Or if not any other way I could get an actual object like that into a room?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Bought a dirigible. Figured out that I need to drop it before I can make it send something. How do I put it back in my inventory? GET doesn't work.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • say dock

• Clothing still can't be worn under armor, can it?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Only underwear, socks, and the like, IIRC. Which is silly when some of the armor doesn't have pants, centurion style.
  • Prolly be pretty uncomfortable to slap a bunch of articulated plate armor right on over the skin, too!

I was hoping to attach that dingbat thing to my masterarmor to make it invisible. But I suppose I can just Gaudy Glamrock it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A lot of armor makes mention of some sort of underclothing or padding. My favourite plate mail doesn't, just talks about the breastplate, tasset, gauntlets, and greaves, plus some ornamental cloth ribbons, but I'm also pretty sure it was meant for furred races.
  • edited August 2016
    I would like to wear pants.