Simple questions?

Comments

• I might be wrong.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breandryn said:
    What is: "You feel your masochistic tendencies return."  I keep asking, but can't get an answer.
    The more correct answer is: Whenever you perform an aggressive action on someone else or someone else performs one on you you lose your masochism.  During that time, as Rolsand indicated, you are not able to attack yourself.  Once that timer has expired you can attack yourself again.

• Hmm. I saw that message in Havens after I rezzed. Why would I see it then?
    Breandryn said:
    Hmm. I saw that message in Havens after I rezzed. Why would I see it then?
    Because theoretically before you rezzed, you were dead.

In order to become dead, someone (or multiple someones) performed aggressive actions on you to make you dead.  At that point, you lost your masochism.

You got the message that it came back after a period of time of not being attacked.
  • Something removed your masochism - most likely whatever killed you (if it was PK). Once you rezzed, you're not in combat, so it wore off after some time. Alternatively, after you rezzed, you performed an action that was considered aggressive, and that removed your masochism, and it subsequently wore off, etc.

• Ah ok, I get it. Thank you all! I thought it was some weird affliction and was trying cures and stuff. >_<
    If you don't like it, you can just CONFIG MASOCHISM OFF.  It can be helpful to have it on for various reasons, but if it's confusing and you don't need to punch yourself you can just disable it.
  • Ok, another question! Can I customize the wolf I summon through Hunting/Tracking?
    Breandryn said:
    Ok, another question! Can I customize the wolf I summon through Hunting/Tracking?
    It's possible, but when it dies you will lose your customization the next time you request a wolf from the kennel.

It's thus a pretty significant waste of credits (and they may actually decide to just not allow it for this reason).

There was a person who once had customized archdemon that was an imp in an archdemon's suit (I think it was just a God-customization-for-fun though), but once it died the next was back to its normal self.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Luce said:
    Luce does NOT (yet) have any such description, and since he has boxers with a rune, it is unlikely he'll need one.
    Is it a rune of enhancement? ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ah, darn. That's disappointing to hear.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Luce said:
    Luce does NOT (yet) have any such description, and since he has boxers with a rune, it is unlikely he'll need one.
    Is it a rune of enhancement? ;)
    I hate you right now, because it is. It's a rune of electricity enhancement. And I just realized how apt that was...
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Does anyone remember offhand what the esteem-to-essence conversion is?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited September 2016
    Rancoura said:
    Does anyone remember offhand what the esteem-to-essence conversion is?
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/1267/how-much-is-the-ratio-between-esteem-and-essence-when-offering

I think these are the formulas used for any offering if you substitute the "Flat esteem value * 100" for the base value of whatever you're offering.

Edit: Oh I just realised I have no idea how to link to individual comments easily. It's Talan's post a few posts in.
    Perfect, thank you!

Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Falmiis said:

Edit: Oh I just realised I have no idea how to link to individual comments easily. It's Talan's post a few posts in.
    The link to the actual comment is the timestamp below the commenter's name.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I kinda want to update some of my descriptions for Saran and started wondering if we can go a bit crazier with demigod descriptions? Should they just be mortal or can they have signs that reflect the level they've attained?
  • Saran said:
    I kinda want to update some of my descriptions for Saran and started wondering if we can go a bit crazier with demigod descriptions? Should they just be mortal or can they have signs that reflect the level they've attained?
    It's generally acceptable to have signs of demihood evident in your description. Ileein started glowing pretty brightly instead of just changing hues, and I'm pretty sure Daraius had glowing eyes for a while.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yep, Dar has unblinking gold Dr. Manhattan eyes and sheds golden motes like dander. The way I see it, @Saran, demis have all those choice look/enter/shout/teleport messages to choose from, so their descriptions should reflect some manifestations of demidivinity too. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • What's the courteous amount of herbs to leave behind for growth and hibernation and all that? It's been so long, I can't remember.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tamsin said:
    What's the courteous amount of herbs to leave behind for growth and hibernation and all that? It's been so long, I can't remember.
    5-10 and don't harvest on hibernation day (or the day before it!)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Tamsin said:
    What's the courteous amount of herbs to leave behind for growth and hibernation and all that? It's been so long, I can't remember.
    5-10 and don't harvest on hibernation day (or the day before it!)
    Thanks. I was going for ten to be on the safe side :) 
    Saran said:
    I kinda want to update some of my descriptions for Saran and started wondering if we can go a bit crazier with demigod descriptions? Should they just be mortal or can they have signs that reflect the level they've attained?
    I actually dislike demigod descriptions that are too mortal-like. I think it's a given that you shouldn't be made of mist or have a dozen wings, etc., but demigods do have quite a bit more power than mortals so it shouldn't be a bad thing to show some evidence of that.

Before an earthly flight

• I've always felt that there's a reasonable expectation for demigods/Vernals/TAs to have a quality of divinity to their character theme.  It's more or less built into the game concept.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rancoura said:
    Saran said:
    I actually dislike demigod descriptions that are too mortal-like. I think it's a given that you shouldn't be made of mist or have a dozen wings, etc., but demigods do have quite a bit more power than mortals so it shouldn't be a bad thing to show some evidence of that.
    I see it as a choice. Just as you have to actively choose to have special enters/looks/etc., surely one with demipower could also choose to look like a normal guy if they wanted to. Or be fancy if they wanted to! I didn't really do anything special for Phoebus' description once she got demi, she just sort of froze in time to look like someone's mom forever, instead of continuing on to old lady land.
    There is actually a demi-power to look like a normal person.
  • I like all these stories where gods or royalty masquerade as common people. I wish there were some way to get rid of the default demi-entrance.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I don't understand what happened. I went from 9800 health to nothing with 3 icedigger hits? 

You may eat or smoke another herb.
    9800h, 8300m, 9300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w elrk<>-
    A slavering icedigger lunges at you and bites a chunk of flesh out of your arm.
    A golden hippogriff with rainbow feathered wings leaps into the air in front of you, deflecting the 
    attack.
    You stagger as a slavering icedigger swings his large arm, claws impacting the side of your head.
    You stagger as a slavering icedigger swings his large arm, claws impacting the side of your head.
    You have been slain by a slavering icedigger.
  • Were you reckless?
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."