Simple questions?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Charge regulators make the differences between rings, crowns, brooches, etc largely irrelevant. All my enchantments have as many charges as my cube, so all that matters is the longevity of the enchanted item itself.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I dont use regulators and its still easy to just recharge as you use it. point/rub ring;recharge ring from cube.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (To make this clearer, I'm asking as someone trying to decide if it's worth enchanting expensive items to sell in a shop! I don't want to invest a lot into crafting expensive items with subpar enchantments.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Both of those also rely on having a charged cube. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    Charge regulators make the differences between rings, crowns, brooches, etc largely irrelevant. All my enchantments have as many charges as my cube, so all that matters is the longevity of the enchanted item itself.
    Of course, one must keep in mind that not everyone carries their own cube around.

I usually have mercy/beauty/kingdom/perfection on rings, because that's just the way we do things around here (also they're more affordable which is handy for newbies who just want their basic enchants without paying out the nose for a bunch of brooches.) I prefer nearly everything else to be on a brooch, because I'm rich and as far as I can tell, I can wear as many brooches as I please, but you can only wear a limited number of rings. I also like when it's all the same design so my enchants don't clutter my description as much.
  • Sylandra said:
    (To make this clearer, I'm asking as someone trying to decide if it's worth enchanting expensive items to sell in a shop! I don't want to invest a lot into crafting expensive items with subpar enchantments.)

Oh Ok answering as a consumer. For users it dosn't matter really but it does.

We want the cheapest(best looking) things we can  get which is rings but we can only wear 10 of them and we need more than 10 enchantments to be useful for combat.

Put the most common enchantments on rings that everyone including just influencers/hunters want. Kingdom mercy etc. Then once thats covered put the 10+ ones on broochs.

Also who dosn't use a cube? I mean we get them made to give to novices they are just so cheap.
  • Agreed. Took me a month or so to get a cube. Was too awkward to effectively approach people for one. Ended up enchanting it from a shop to avoid people.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Veyils said:
    Sylandra said:

We want the cheapest(best looking) things we can  get which is rings but we can only wear 10 of them and we need more than 10 enchantments to be useful for combat.

Put the most common enchantments on rings that everyone including just influencers/hunters want. Kingdom mercy etc. Then once thats covered put the 10+ ones on broochs.

Also who dosn't use a cube? I mean we get them made to give to novices they are just so cheap.
    The uncommon ones being...? Icewall/dig/gust? Spell this out for me, haha, I rarely do bashing or PVP these days. I'm a crotchety oldbie who shopkeeps and chitchats.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Phoebus said:
    Veyils said:

People who don't like having to directly ask anyone to get things made/enchanted.

This may or may not be the reason why Phoebus knows literally every trade an Aeromancer can get. I've invested so many credits into becoming the Swiss Army Knife of tradeskills, simply so I can avoid talking to people as much as possible.
    I still want to be able to charge my own cubes.  Will pay for this.
  • Sylandra said:
    Veyils said:
    Sylandra said:

The uncommon ones being...? Icewall/dig/gust? Spell this out for me, haha, I rarely do bashing or PVP these days. I'm a crotchety oldbie who shopkeeps and chitchats.

Oh yea pretty much anything that isn't kinda just regen/defences. Gust, cleanse, dig, icewall and ignite I think off the top of my head.

Also if you don't have a cube how do you use a healing scroll? Do you just like have a thousand scrolls or something?
    Veyils said:

Also if you don't have a cube how do you use a healing scroll? Do you just like have a thousand scrolls or something?
    If I'm on a character that's not tradeskillbot, I just won't use one. Or, obsessive toggling of scroll reading on and off to make it last as long as possible, while hoping I never end up in a situation that would deplete it before I can get to a shop to recharge.

I really don't like talking to people.
  • I think scry and window are the best enchantments to put on heirlooms, since they have a maximum of 40 charges as opposed to 10.

• Breandryn said:
    Agreed. Took me a month or so to get a cube. Was too awkward to effectively approach people for one. Ended up enchanting it from a shop to avoid people.
    I always enchant my cube from a shop because I don't want to bother people, and am too awkward.

Is there a reason why we can't just buy cubes from a shop? Is this possible and I just don't know how to do it?
  • Eh, I think enchanting has come a long way from the old days when you didn't have regulators... didn't have the RECHARGE ALL command... didn't have a million other things. I remember having to drop by the Nekotai shop halfway through bashing to use my recharge alias...

Damn, I'm talking like one of those old "BACK IN MY DAY..." geezers. But yeah, I think we can start making OTHER trades more convenient, since enchantment is really in a good place now.

Getting a cube really isn't difficult. Buying charges for your cube from a shop already makes it so you never ever need to ask an enchanter to charge your personal cube for you. The only people who need to do that will be shopkeepers who want to sell charges in their stores, in which case I think it's fine to ask them to have to overcome their shyness to actually interact with an enchanter. The consumer literally needs to get a cube and jewelry enchanted once every... 3 months? 6 months? And he's set for pretty much never needing to talk to another person until they decay.

If he's rich enough to buy artifacts and permanent his cube/jewelry, he's never going to need to talk to anyone ever again. Period. (Or at least, for enchantments)

If anything, I was thinking that we should change jewelry to not give more charges at the higher tiers but allow for more than one enchantment. Rings hold 1 enchantment, bracelets 2, crowns 5 or something like that. And make them all last for 10 or 20 charges or something.

• ...wait, there is a recharge all command?

*quietly deletes the big script she totally didn't write to capture item numbers, track which one was used and recharge it*
  • Breandryn said:
    ...wait, there is a recharge all command?

*quietly deletes the big script she totally didn't write to capture item numbers, track which one was used and recharge it*

Like literally all you need is an alias that does rub ring123;recharge ring123 from cube.

That covers all bases. Dosn't need to be complicated :dizzy:
  • Or just use regulators and keep a cube charged.
    Haven't you been reading, Falmiis? "MARKET Seeking to buy an enchantment cube" is untenable
    I used to make cakes.

• edited October 2016
    Veyils said:
    Breandryn said:
    ...wait, there is a recharge all command?

Like literally all you need is an alias that does rub ring123;recharge ring123 from cube.

That covers all bases. Dosn't need to be complicated :dizzy:
    I like to write my code to be flexible, evergreen and sub-routine...ish? Dunno what word to use. The script I had built, for example, will populate a list and track current enchanted items. This means I can change a ring and update my settings without touching a single line of code. Your method would require editing settings - and each setting - every time an item changed. It also means I can edit an element within a sub-routine (like swapping in recharge all if that is a command instead of my current loop through the list) and every other setting which references that will be updated without lifting a finger. It's more work initially to lay the foundation, but I am fairly lazy and like to invest a coding session so I can avoid upkeep later.

Although, in this case, it seems I just coded for fun if recharge all is a command :p

Edit: I hope that didn't come off rude. I appreciate the advice, but I also wanted to help illustrate how useful it is to build flexible scripts. Imagine that you are building a website - you don't want to change every page if you add a new link to the navigation bar, so you instead edit the navigation bar in one central spot and then include a script to paste that in for each page.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You can target enchants by enchant type, so if you did rub beauty;recharge beauty from cube it would automatically switch to using the new ring if you changed rings! 
  • Ooh useful to know. The game has added in some nice QoL changes since I last played. I remember being a newbie writing a janky version of potionlist, for example, using spam probe. -_-
    Daraius said:
    Haven't you been reading, Falmiis? "MARKET Seeking to buy an enchantment cube" is untenable
    Logging in at all makes me feel ill sometimes. I shroud myself and make sure my gem is on immediately upon logging in just so I can hopefully make it to my shop and pay taxes without anyone noticing that I'm online. So, just asking someone for something like that...It should be easy, but it isn't, for me. I know it's stupid, but I feel bad enough about being this way without the added pressure of thinking everyone else is judging me for it.
    I get that. I'm sorry I made you feel judged and I'm sorry my comment reads snarkier than I intended. The original question was about serving an enchantment-using clientele, most of whom will be (or should be) using regulators and cubes to keep their magic juice flowing. People who can handle all their own needs and/or don't use enchantments during their sessions aren't going to be part of that clientele. Personally, I've loved the convenience of never having to re-up my enchantments, and as long as someone is stocking regulators at the aetherplex, I don't have to talk to anyone to get replacements.
    I used to make cakes.

Daraius said:
    I get that. I'm sorry I made you feel judged and I'm sorry my comment reads snarkier than I intended. 
    Yeah it's fine, sorry. I've been way too sensitive about that kind of thing lately. I've been trying to keep it under control, but sometimes it gets the better of me.
  • edited October 2016
    Phoebus said:
    Daraius said:
    Logging in at all makes me feel ill sometimes. I shroud myself and make sure my gem is on immediately upon logging in just so I can hopefully make it to my shop and pay taxes without anyone noticing that I'm online. So, just asking someone for something like that...It should be easy, but it isn't, for me. I know it's stupid, but I feel bad enough about being this way without the added pressure of thinking everyone else is judging me for it.

75 Credits will get you a perma cube if you really want to avoid people as well. That may help a bit.

I got it for a similar reason, more laziness on my part in having to find someone to make a new one.
  • Can one upgrade pets slowly? Like suppose I have 500 credits and want a pet, but will eventually want to add phoenix or some other ability to it. Can I buy the pet now, and upgrade it later?

The help file says this: "Pets may not be traded in at all - no tradein value, no refunds, no exchanges. Be sure that you want any pet you purchase, because it will be yours for a very long time!"

Upgrading could be seen as an exchange, but it isn't exactly one, so I wanted to check.
  • Mrak said:
    Can one upgrade pets slowly? Like suppose I have 500 credits and want a pet, but will eventually want to add phoenix or some other ability to it. Can I buy the pet now, and upgrade it later?

The help file says this: "Pets may not be traded in at all - no tradein value, no refunds, no exchanges. Be sure that you want any pet you purchase, because it will be yours for a very long time!"

Upgrading could be seen as an exchange, but it isn't exactly one, so I wanted to check.
    Yes, you can buy now and upgrade later. 
  • I was toying with an idea for a fictitious story and was wondering, are there any sorts of creatures that would be considered mythical or fantasy?

On another note, are there any liquids that are now obsolete as cures?
  • The pig noses, and any customized versions of them, have negative prestige (poor). Is the same true for the goop noses?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!