Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Akyaevin said:
    Shaddus said:
    I've had the same person ask two of my three active characters if "I ever alt, and would I consider it to join his family." Not sure if I should be honored, amused, or irritated. Either way, I told him that I don't alt.
    Blatant Lies.
    You dare bring TVTropes links to the forums?

You must die!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Oh gods, TV tropes link.

Brb in 3 days when I'm able to crawl back out of that place.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2013
    *drags Morkarion back out of TV Tropes kicking and screaming* 

No no NO! You know better than that mork!  Now back off to Tropes Anonymous with you!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Say you're at a hypothetical tea shop. Would you rather buy pre-made cups and bottles or sorcelglass scrolls? Asking for a friend.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Considering I made said purchase choice in the last 24 hours, I bought the tea cup. It's just not right to drink tea from a bottle or vial, that's uncivilised.

You wouldn't drink champagne from a coffee mug, or beer out of a wine glass... ok you might but you'd be wrong.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• A tea shop? Definately a premade cup of tea. Also pastries... and perhaps a crystal table and two chairs. In which case, I would totally invite someone over there for tea.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Everyone knows that the proper way to drink tea is out of a flask.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Morkarion said:

Considering I made said purchase choice in the last 24 hours, I bought the tea cup. It's just not right to drink tea from a bottle or vial, that's uncivilised.

You wouldn't drink champagne from a coffee mug, or beer out of a wine glass... ok you might but you'd be wrong.

Well the bottles are to store and serve the tea. I'm just deciding between sorcelglass (cheap, but puts the onus of creation on the customer), or ready-made items (more costly, but you get to choose your tea and enjoy it right there). Leaning towards the latter now. :>
    I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited November 2013
    Daraius said:
    Say you're at a hypothetical tea shop. Would you rather buy pre-made cups and bottles or sorcelglass scrolls? Asking for a friend.
    Both. I can't say I'd be buying premade cups and bottles all the time, but I'd generally buy them before I'd buy the scrolls.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    If you make an alt and join my guild, cool. Welcome to the guild. But if I greet you to help you, at least RP it out, and don't ignore me while you run through your Fates tasks as fast as possible.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Kiradawea said:
    A tea shop? Definately a premade cup of tea. Also pastries... and perhaps a crystal table and two chairs. In which case, I would totally invite someone over there for tea.
    This is 100% what I'm hoping will happen.   :x
    I used to make cakes.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I no longer have any idea what's going on and there is so much to dooooo.
  • Was gonna buy a scarf for 600. Accidentally bought one for 17865.

I hate weather.
    That better be owned by the fourth Doctor at that price.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited November 2013

Because I miss @Iosai and @Celina.

"Siam's Autograph Book", By Waning Siam (Page 1)

Klangiary 19th, 332 CE:

/-----------------\

< IOSAI THE ANOMALY >

\-----------------/

"Siam's Autograph Book", By Waning Siam (Page 5)

**in a smear of blood**

::'.:

''$;

""":;

$;. .

...... ..$:' $$;.

;$$$$$$$$$$: :$$$$.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. ;$$$$;.

'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$;.$$$'$$;

'"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ '$$; ,. .

, ,: ':$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ '$$. :;'""

"'.: :$:":$$$$$$$$$$$ '$; ,;:;;""

'"'$;..;.;$' ""$$$$$$$$: '$.$$$$:""

'"' ""'""" ;.$$$$$$$$"" '"""'

,;$$$$$$$:""

'$$$$$$$;.;.

"""'""""":$..

,$$

;$$:

,;'$$'

":"$:

::::.

Dvarsh 8th, 353 CE:

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    A bloodthirsty chimaera with crimson wings prowls in from the ether, making his presence known with a mighty roar.
    A kephera nature warder touches his headdress in salute towards Caerlyr.
    A kephera nature warder touches his headdress in salute towards Caerlyr.
    A centaur hunter says, "Hail, wildeling."
    A centaur hunter says, "Hail, wildeling."
    A kephera nature warder exclaims, "Greetings, forest dweller!"
    The Moonhart Mother Tree suddenly flares with pulsating energy as Caerlyr steps through.

Guards, worst culprits of nexus spam. Bad guards!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited November 2013
    So during that revolt, a little Mag kept attacking me. I ignored it for a while, then got fed up, and decided to make him shush.

I proceeded to fail on not one, not two, not three, but FOUR separate Dirges with him standing there doing nothing, because I kept interrupting the channel.

I promptly fled because I felt so terribly embarrassed. Such a bad GC :S

:\">
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Hey, everyone makes mistakes - I have failed on more than one soulless or judgement because I keep forgetting I can't do ANYTHING afterwards or it will interrupt.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    So now that the revolts are at decent times, we're going to have crap timed Aetherflares, right?

• edited November 2013
    The new racial-selection thing has me going a bit neeeh. Why human, of all things? I feel it would make more sense if newbies were their organization's race by default (since it's now selectable before race). I've some concerns that people new to the game will get intimidated by the knowledge and the "Oh god what race" thing. I gots a feeling we gonna see a lotta humans.

Edit::

Oh hello send button, nice to see you there.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The unspecced org race is, in a lot of cases, not a very good choice for a newbie.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Also, what about where there are two org races - it wouldn't quite work then.
    Kephera ban, wooo!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It sounds to me like the selection still happens during character creation, not during actual play, so I don't really see the problem. If people would panic and choose the easy option of human now, they would have done it before, it's always been the 'easy' choice that is ostensibly decent at any class and most familiar to us (humans).
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Woo, merian ban
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited November 2013
    Nono, you need Merians, they burn really well :D

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It feels like something else is happening every evening at this point, and it's keeping me busy and I have to keep talking to people about what's going on and I have to make a city post and oh god where did the time go I have to log out.

D:
  • edited November 2013
    qw
    Kiradawea, Zondervan.
    (*) Currently, there are 2 Lusternians on this Plane and 17 on other Planes.

... and it's not even after the game crashed. Clearly a perfect time for shenanigans. Tip ALL the cows on the road. >:)
    Pretty sure @Kiradawea doesn't even come up to Daraius's knees. The image of their psychodrama battles amuses me.
    I used to make cakes.

George Santayana's greatest attributed quote seems rather apt right about now.

I look forward to seeing the next six months unfold.

This discussion has been closed.