Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited January 2014
    Speaking

(Present maybe a better word?)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm actually amazed you can get a fight for a domoth that's going to flux within a day.

Respect to Vivet, Elanorwen and Aerys for coming back and giving it a go.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Kind of wondering why a shaddus meme hasn't been made yet...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What face would you attach to it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Paper bag with a ? mark on it.

It amazes me how many people seem to have alts in orgs they don't play, just to vote in referendums to influence a positive outcome for their main's org. I can't think of many cases of metagaming worse than that, knock it off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    If you have a feeling that someone is pulling something like that, don't hesitate to ISSUE it with your suspicions, the admins have ways of checking on stuff like that, metagaming and alt abuse is punished harshly, as you are no doubt aware.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    The biggest problem is you can't see the breakdown of referendums, so you don't know who even voted, let alone what they voted for.

I mean the easiest means to circumvent this is to have vote weight affect referendums, but when more people vote on something than are actually in the org on a regular basis you realise something isn't right.

edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure that the admins can see who voted for who - as much as I'd love to IDEA something that lets higher-rank people in the guild/city see how other people voted, I can also see how easily something like that could be abused, with the possibility of cliques forming and shunning people who may vote for a competing candidate/idea.

Again, ISSUE is the best option if something doesn't seem kosher about the outcome of a referendum or election - It's not like the admins are going to zap you (much) simply for voicing your concerns

The higherups in an org don't need to know who voted for what, just who voted.

I wonder how difficult it would be for something like that to be coded - so for example it could show something like:

Election #12345

Being displeased with the efforts of Estarra, Trader Bob feels he could do a better job as Creatrix of Lusternia

1. Estarra (999999999)
    2. Trader Bob (1)

Votes received from:
    Person A
    Person B
    Person C
    etc

I think this is something for @Ieptix would know, it's a great idea though.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Also, referendums aren't necessarily mechanically binding. You could think of them more as opinion gatherers.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited January 2014
    Everiine said:
    Also, referendums aren't necessarily mechanically binding. You could think of them more as opinion gatherers.
    Some orgs use Referendums as part of their political mechanics. It's the way that place works, the will of the people dictates actual action, and you can't bypass it because that would be bypassing the org's RP.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    I'm actually amazed you can get a fight for a domoth that's going to flux within a day.

You get what you can. One tick of 250p is more than nothing... and well, the southern alliance fighting force is pretty much gone at this point. If we can gather 5 people on at the same time, it's considered a good day.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

You get what you can. One tick of 250p is more than nothing... and well, the southern alliance fighting force is pretty much gone at this point. If we can gather 5 people on at the same time, it's considered a good day.
    Northern you mean, and yeah, I was expecting you guys to get a surge of players again for Ascension but it seems to be hard to motivate what you've already got =/

We really couldn't be bothered with a Demi upgrade for a 1 day tick (Had to save my second slot for war) but any opportunity to get a fight was taken. Nice play with the GP+Phantomsphere in the second round, but how many beckons did you resist in a row, jesus..

Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

Northern you mean, and yeah, I was expecting you guys to get a surge of players again for Ascension but it seems to be hard to motivate what you've already got =/

We really couldn't be bothered with a Demi upgrade for a 1 day tick (Had to save my second slot for war) but any opportunity to get a fight was taken. Nice play with the GP+Phantomsphere in the second round, but how many beckons did you resist in a row, jesus..
    Yeah... brain needs more coffee after the domoth went well up to 2AM for me... and had to be up at 6 for work. xD

As to the beckon... mmh, never knew how that mechanic actually works, but I got pretty much every possible summon resist that doesn't include auction artifacts.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Why do all the novices show up at 4 AM when I should have been sleeping T_T
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Morkarion said:
    Everiine said:
    Some orgs use Referendums as part of their political mechanics. It's the way that place works, the will of the people dictates actual action, and you can't bypass it because that would be bypassing the org's RP.
    We use them that way, too. Just saying it's not automatic, like an election is.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Morkarion said:

I'm pretty shocked that Celest seems to have less people than Hallifax at points now. That aside, there seems to be a good block of people that just have too much going on RL, and when I tell them a revolt is upcoming or something else of that nature, the reaction is never, "Okay, great, I'll see if I can make it.", so much as "Oh Jesus, don't tell me that, I have enough weighing on me already."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hey, I'm sloooowly building the motivation/supplies to get back on the combat horse. It's been so long and class/system changes doesn't help!

Well the class change should be fun motivation, but not remembering aliases/what they do is a bit less so ;)

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Turnus said:
    Hey, I'm sloooowly building the motivation/supplies to get back on the combat horse. It's been so long and class/system changes doesn't help! Well the class change should be fun motivation, but not remembering aliases/what they do is a bit less so ;)
    All you need:
    Pureblade: assault lleg/rleg, strike larm/rarm, assault head, hack down.
    Blademaster: lunge lleg/rleg, strike chest, strike head, hack down.
    Axelord: knockdown maneuver, hack up/down, strike chest, execute
    Bonecrusher: change spec (Just kidding, but eh... never looked at it, plus it always struck me as the worst spec of the lot)
    Cavalier: heft, strike lleg/rleg, bash up/down, pincharge, strike gut, skewer

There are people that claim a maneuver with critical wound levels (I.e. behead, crushskull, sever spine, etc) only has a higher chance to inflict those critical wounds. I have yet to see any proof of that.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Yes, I changed archetype. Warrior aliases are easy :P

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Turnus said:
    Hey, I'm sloooowly building the motivation/supplies to get back on the combat horse. It's been so long and class/system changes doesn't help! Well the class change should be fun motivation, but not remembering aliases/what they do is a bit less so ;)
    All you need:
    Blademaster: lunge lleg/rleg, strike chest, strike head, hack down.
    Axelord: knockdown maneuver, hack up/down, strike chest, execute
    Bonecrusher: change spec (Just kidding, but eh... never looked at it, plus it always struck me as the worst spec of the lot)
    Cavalier: heft, strike lleg/rleg, bash up/down, pincharge, strike gut, skewer

There are people that claim a maneuver with critical wound levels (I.e. behead, crushskull, sever spine, etc) only has a higher chance to inflict those critical wounds. I have yet to see any proof of that.
    Perhaps you were making a joke, but those attacks are so far off the mark. Also, that's not what maneuvers do, at all.
    Ixion said:
    Perhaps you were making a joke, but those attacks are so far off the mark. Also, that's not what maneuvers do, at all.
    I did add that I have yet to see any proof of that, did I not? And I did say that "There are people" that claim that, no? It was me giving someone else's opinion, rather than supporting it.

Anyway, not sure how they're so far off the mark, but feel free to give your point of view on the needed attacks for each spec, rather than just saying "no" and providing any kind of evidence to support said claim.

Elanorwen said:
    Turnus said:
    All you need:
    So lacerate, lacerate, lacerate, lacerate, furrow brow/ear slice, parry/open chest.

That's hardly the most lethal combination I've ever seen.

edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:
    So lacerate, lacerate, lacerate, lacerate, furrow brow/ear slice, parry/open chest.

That's hardly the most lethal combination I've ever seen.
    I was giving a list of attack types rather than a list of what to do and rotate. o.O The aim for legs/arms is always tendon/hemi... you can try and think about it for a bit, can't you?

EDIT: It's not like if I say... destro... you're going to hit someone with destro once and then stand there and stare at them and wonder why they didn't die.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I've started another IG book. This was a terrible idea. It's just going to be added to my collection of unfinished texts now. :(
  • Solution: Get a bookcase and put them there.
This discussion has been closed.