Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• You have received Archmage Marinus Shervalian ikon as a quest reward!

Just what I always wanted, a shiny.....thing!

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Newsposts. WHY OH WHY.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Help wanted: I need a few non-historical but plausible Gaudiguchian dracnari surnames.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Daraius said:
    Help wanted: I need a few non-historical but plausible Gaudiguchian dracnari surnames.
    Well. In trying to think of some that follow the format, I realized I was actually just listing off some that were already taken. My brain isn't ready to work yet this morning, so I'm just going to compile a bunch for hopeful inspiration!

Short
    Chum, Dith, Dix, Miim, Saim, Tleem, Tleeth, Tliwx, Xeth, Xeeth, Xiim

Less Short
    Haaki, Iborchi, Ninchi, Rheiro

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Sheesh. Text moves too fast for me now.
    Always wanted to relive that scene from Se7en in my text adventure game.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Daraius said:
    Wot?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Daraius‌ : that -was- pretty creepy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:

Daraius...If you were all along a psychopathic murderer from Saw, planning careful crimes and puzzles for your victims in Hallifax -- just know I love you forever.

(please do that?)

Gotta figure out how to spin the whole sincerity schtick off as an elaborate ruse. I'll get right back to you on that.
    I used to make cakes.

• Drunk Hallifax is best Hallifax.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Seriously been considering doing the same thing.  'Cause I really wanna go mugwump for the peekays, but MAN do they suck at everything else.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Lavinya said:
    I finally caved and bought a changeling cameo with my many months of hoarded elite credits. Oh my god. I finally know what it's like to do things as a non-gimped race (I'm looking at you, influencing). You people with guild specced races that are actually decent don't know how lucky you are.
    I know the whole issue of Cameo+Hat vs actually being the race you protray really well, it bugged me for the longest time.

In the end the sheer number of positives outweigh the negatives. Enjoy being able to :stuff:

Edit: Also, Faeling? Enjoy a faster balance on your bashing whip!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    (I'm still grumbling on the inside because I'm only -pretending- to be Viscanti, but oh joy, stats!)

• Today is not my day.

I successfully helped someone get maneuvers setup, get knighthood attacks aliased, and triggers for offensive echoes setup when they had no clue what an alias is, what mushclient is and does (while on lusty with it.. wtf), or how to even get to the settings menu.

My brain melted. :(

Then, when letting them test stuff I didn't notice my helm recently decayed so I got insta-beheaded and somewhere, somehow I didn't have lichseed up so I had to phoenix.

tl:dr helping people with systems/pk gets your brain melted, beheaded, and unrecoverable essence loss.
  • Ixion said:
    Today is not my day.

I successfully helped someone get maneuvers setup, get knighthood attacks aliased, and triggers for offensive echoes setup when they had no clue what an alias is, what mushclient is and does (while on lusty with it.. wtf), or how to even get to the settings menu.

Then, when letting them test stuff I didn't notice my helm recently decayed so I got insta-beheaded and somewhere, somehow I didn't have lichseed up so I had to phoenix.

tl:dr helping people with systems/pk gets your brain melted, beheaded, and unrecoverable essence loss.

Hey, I know I would kill for help like that.  Especially from someone who has experience and knows what they are talking about.  There have been times I even contemplated paying someone to do that for me.

Alas, many of the stellar combatants are on the other side of the fence. 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ixion said:
    Today is not my day.

Patience of a saint. You should go kill someone at random in retribution. Other than me.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Because when he kills you, it's not random?

Trying to think of new goals to set for when I come back off break, I'm falling victim to procrastination and easy distractions.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I forgot to spring my trap. :( Why oh why.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Gotta love it when people ragestatus you.  :-h

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Gotta love when people ragepost about getting a ragestatus. :O)
  • Gotta love it when people ragepost about people rageposting about getting a rage status. :-@

• Ileein said:

please don't do this

Not even for Science? Celina is a professor in trollology.

• All this does is devolve Lusternia to xbox live. :( Don't feed the trolls, don't acknowledge them, it only encourages them. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I almost posted something along these lines last time people started losing their minds over people disagreeing on forums.

Actually, the point of my carebear satire is that this is nothing like xbox live. I know it's hard to believe, but you can actually let two people express vague dislike to one another without posting overdramatic, tear stained responses about how BIG MEANIES ARE RUINING EVERYTHING. I also know this will come as a shock to some of you, but heavily moderating everything and forcing people to hold hands and fake hug doesn't actually work like it did in 2nd grade. As long as people aren't openly forums feuding (which no one is), chill out. No one wants to be the "I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would
    eat and be happy... " girl from Mean Girls.

It's actually gotten to the point that two people can't be mildly sarcastic to one another without this carebear brigade acting like it's the end of the Rainbow Kingdom. I'm sure this will herald 15 broken hearted disagrees, but give it a rest.

BTW It's Dr. Celina. I have a PhD in trolling and griefing.

This discussion has been closed.