Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So, what does the quest do?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Still not understanding how someone can use their alt so hard with info their alt does not have....
    Munsia said:
    Still not understanding how someone can use their alt so hard with info their alt does not have....
    It's not me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The quest to kill the Llogath? Does F*** all, from what I can tell, aside from undoing a lot of hard work via tedious repetition. You have to get 9 different colors of toadstool from the colony by dropping loti spores in a place beyond a hidden entrance. You give them to Khentemen, and then... you do it twice more. Which makes the Llogath vulnerable. It's about as powerful as a Cenobite, and so is the overseer next to it. And when you kill it... you get whatever gold drops from it, and the overseer exclaims "No!" There's no waves of psionic energy, no backlash, nothing at all interesting to see, and next to no reward for your efforts. In fact, after the fact, Khentemen asserts that the rumors of a powerful psychic presence to the south are no threat! Right after you get done killing the thing that she was insisting absolutely needed to be killed!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I feel sad that our guild doesn't have a lot of newbies, sometimes. There's like five/six of us who wake up. 4 of them mostly at the same time, if then. 
  • edited March 2014
    Tridemon said:
    The quest to kill the Llogath? Does F*** all, from what I can tell, aside from undoing a lot of hard work via tedious repetition. You have to get 9 different colors of toadstool from the colony by dropping loti spores in a place beyond a hidden entrance. You give them to Khentemen, and then... you do it twice more. Which makes the Llogath vulnerable. It's about as powerful as a Cenobite, and so is the overseer next to it. And when you kill it... you get whatever gold drops from it, and the overseer exclaims "No!" There's no waves of psionic energy, no backlash, nothing at all interesting to see, and next to no reward for your efforts. In fact, after the fact, Khentemen asserts that the rumors of a powerful psychic presence to the south are no threat! Right after you get done killing the thing that she was insisting absolutely needed to be killed!

That is probably her dialogue before the Imperiat is ever raised.  Yesterday I think they shattered the web, so that was why there were shockwaves.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Anita said:
    I feel sad that our guild doesn't have a lot of newbies, sometimes. There's like five/six of us who wake up. 4 of them mostly at the same time, if then. 
    We barely have people!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Anita said:
    I feel sad that our guild doesn't have a lot of newbies, sometimes. There's like five/six of us who wake up. 4 of them mostly at the same time, if then. 
    That's more of 'State of the Game' than not imo. 
  • Cute little novices in my org, just want to pinch their cheeks. 

Please don't be a Shaddus alt!

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I have figured out how to make aliases and triggers in the HTML5 client. I did not want to figure it out.
    edited March 2014
    Tetra said:
    Cute little novices in my org, just want to pinch their cheeks. 

Please don't be a Shaddus alt!
    I looooooove being a Cantor. The other person is Munsia.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Zouviqil said:
    I have figured out how to make aliases and triggers in the HTML5 client. I did not want to figure it out.
    Aaaaand I crashed the HTML5 client.

Welp.

GGWP.
  • Xenthos said:
    Message #320 sent by Estarra (received: 2014/03/24 01:18:15)
       You didn't get an honour/curio for the cyaethl quest. You should now have the honour and spark of abasement curio piece of the Corrupt Staff Curio Set (soulless curio piece)

He aided Mistress Yishign in achieving her dark purpose for the Cyaethl Colony.

<3 Admin; I didn't even file a bug report on this one!
    Weaponisation Research in the Cyaethl Colony Rankings
    1.    Daevos                             6
    2.    Xenthos                            2
    3.    Zhesle                             0
    4.    Iytha                              0
    5.    Steingrim                          0
    6.    Karlach                            0
    7.    Leolamins                          0
    8.    Ixion                              0
    9.    Malarious                          0
    10.   Morgfyre                           0
    11.   Zvoltz                             0
    12.   Estarra                            0
    13.   Aiyana                             0
    14.   Iantoc                             0
    QUEST CYAETHLWEAPON RANKINGS 15 for more.

Since they made it easy for you to get the honours, I'd like to know how many completions it takes (obviously more than 6 since Daevos doesn't have honours yet).
    I wish I could find Sonata and Charis' descs when they were Lobo's....
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2014
    Ixion said:
    Xenthos said:
    Message #320 sent by Estarra (received: 2014/03/24 01:18:15)
       You didn't get an honour/curio for the cyaethl quest. You should now have the honour and spark of abasement curio piece of the Corrupt Staff Curio Set (soulless curio piece)

He aided Mistress Yishign in achieving her dark purpose for the Cyaethl Colony.

<3 Admin; I didn't even file a bug report on this one!
    Weaponisation Research in the Cyaethl Colony Rankings
    1.    Daevos                             6
    2.    Xenthos                            2
    3.    Zhesle                             0
    4.    Iytha                              0
    5.    Steingrim                          0
    6.    Karlach                            0
    7.    Leolamins                          0
    8.    Ixion                              0
    9.    Malarious                          0
    10.   Morgfyre                           0
    11.   Zvoltz                             0
    12.   Estarra                            0
    13.   Aiyana                             0
    14.   Iantoc                             0
    QUEST CYAETHLWEAPON RANKINGS 15 for more.

Since they made it easy for you to get the honours, I'd like to know how many completions it takes (obviously more than 6 since Daevos doesn't have honours yet).
    Not necessarily; they are two different quests, he may not have done the second one.  You have to do the first quest a certain number of times for it to trigger the ability to get the second one (it says this right in the quest info for the one you are referencing).

Edit:
    The Secret of the Cyaethl Colony Rankings
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.    Estarra                            1
    2.    Iantoc                             1
    3.    Xenthos                            0
    4.    Daevos                             0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's started it, just hasn't actually done it correctly it seems (he needs to do the steps to breed a male for this one!)

Edit 2:
    He says he turned in the male fisher, he just hasn't finished the -very last step- yet.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2014
    ****************************[ THE NIHILISTS GUILD ]****************************
    Guildmember      Rank                  Position                 GT   GNT   CGT
    Lavinya            19                  Security                 On    On    On
    Currently, there is 1 member on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

***********************[ COVENANT: THE CACOPHONY GUILD ]***********************
    Currently, there are 0 members on this Plane and 4 on other Planes.

Someone is messing with me. There aren't that many Cacophonists in existance! Nihilists have always been one of if not the strongest Mag guild. What's going ooooonnnnnnn I'm scared.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shaddus said:
    Kethaera said:
    Shaddus said:

As for Entrias, I'm not worried about it anymore. I paid a while back to be unenemied to almost everyone, and I'm not interested in paying gold every time someone wants a bit more coin for their pockets and enemies people out of boredom.

Yeah, no.
    Neither of those was the issue with Entrias. I'm not really fond of that situation myself, but it was done for <reasons>. Can't do much about it now, so w/e.
    Sure you can. Considering Entrias isn't a raider and he had absolutely nothing to do with the whole Kingmaker thing, you can unenemy him.
    Yeah, try resolving this one ICly, rather than on forums. You'll find there's a few juicy extras tagged onto Entrias' status.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Also Khementen is still annoyingly immune when she shouldn't be, so the hardest part of the counter quest is kinda moot.

As to what the thing actually does? It was giving the Illithoid some cool visions whenever they Illidrained. I was cataloguing those for people :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I wanna catalogue too!
  • Well, I only had one vision so far, and I guess having an extra soulless quest to grind curios for is great. But overall it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet. Maybe this will be next year's ascension event. Gogo fighting Illith for ascension next year.

Khementen being all but unkillable is irritating, that means there's no effective way to shut down the counter quest, But whatever, it's been this way for the Illithoid/Keph cycle for as long as I can remember. And I guess, the easier it is to counter the quest, the more opportunities to put it up again for the curios.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lerad said:
    Well, I only had one vision so far, and I guess having an extra soulless quest to grind curios for is great. But overall it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet. Maybe this will be next year's ascension event. Gogo fighting Illith for ascension next year.

Khementen being all but unkillable is irritating, that means there's no effective way to shut down the counter quest, But whatever, it's been this way for the Illithoid/Keph cycle for as long as I can remember. And I guess, the easier it is to counter the quest, the more opportunities to put it up again for the curios.
    Sooo... the Soulless version of the Spire of Dionamus, only it doesn't harm the "other side"?
    Khementen's only been perma immune (read, still immune after the shark liver dropped the orb) since the last time Zenobia was raised, I was able to kill her prior.

Xenthos said:
    Lerad said:
    Well, I only had one vision so far, and I guess having an extra soulless quest to grind curios for is great. But overall it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet. Maybe this will be next year's ascension event. Gogo fighting Illith for ascension next year.

Sooo... the Soulless version of the Spire of Dionamus, only it doesn't harm the "other side"?
    Somewhat, I mean the illdrain bonus is nice but largely pointless, suppose if you wanted to make it like spire you'd nerf the max potential Kephera get from hive.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What's the bonus for Kephs having Zenobia raised again?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    What's the bonus for Kephs having Zenobia raised again?
    Unweighted stat bonuses, same as Illithoid for having Cthoglogg up.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Aha. Thanks.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I feel like I am the only person with a swan mask.  But for some reason I want an order stole still.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tetra said:
    I feel like I am the only person with a swan mask.
    Ollie.
This discussion has been closed.