Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I was pondering (only semi seriously) moving to another glom guild just to freshen things up and was digging around the Wydrenwood ABs.

They get a poison buff, but no pure poison attack. They have to share it with crappy cutting. Mages get the same buffs and pure damage attacks, and from great damage sources (aquas even get divinus, wtf?).

All the mages get great trans skills. Passive damage or self rezzes with barriers or static field. The woods get a dinky animal that has the chance to do a something small or a reskinned bloodboil that requires people to be dying to work.

The afflictions are bad (worms. WORMS.)

The big damage bomb does bleeding damage...instead of damage damage.

On top of it all, they get a unique race that is destruction food.

This isn't just bad. It's unplayable in modern PK. Both woods are really, really bad. Maybe I'll just look at normal druidry.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2014
    All the chems are designed upon doing a large amount of damage as a finale to sticking some prerequisite affs. The problem is, they have no build up to getting these affs, having to just spam them last minute or hope someone bogged you down with them. In which case, it's either really cheap and too fast or, as in most cases, hilariously underpowered. They do have some broken group utility though and if enough of them walked around together or went hand-in-hand with mages, we could see some terrible nukings.
  • edited June 2014
    @Celina, agreed on all counts but one - you're wrong about the big damage bomb. With all the other affs in place it's done up to 5k damage with 6 second stun (in testing, because actually pulling that off is way beyond me). Which means for you it would do more

And frankly, I would -kill- for a pure poison damage attack :(

According to the AB on Xiel's website (which may be outdated) 33% of the damage is converted to bleeding instead of actual damage. So it could be higher if it was all damage, and not one third delayed bleeding.

The annoying part is I don't know of any realistic way to stick all the afflictions with any tertiary. Maybe 4...or 3. Which is just having a trigger to doublesling half a second before the last tic. Which also means one entangle is going to screw you.

Chade has been able to one hit my through a truefavour and my pile of wiccan dmp (40%+ resist to everything). I was merian though. I feel like "you suck until you one shot everyone" is a bad design.

Incidentally "you suck until you one shot people" is why I don't play astrology anymore.
  • Oh, get a thread already. :P

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Come to the Ebonguard, we're like, three leaders, a semi retired and a couple of alts :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Come to the Ebonguard, we're like, three leaders, a semi retired and a couple of alts :(
    I feel your pain.
    You can do Cav without rather well.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Gosh I guess being guildless isn't all that bad then? I always wonder what I'm missing. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • You do realise that if you leave SD, I get have to take GC again?
  • Wydrenwood would be ok with runes - not on a par with the chem specs but it'd be decent especially in a support role. Remember that if you take runes you can fuse them to your attacks so you can hit with entangle + 2 rune affs and damage just before you bomb goes off. 

I wasn't one shotting you with the bomb per se, I was relying on damage from the cannon and affs from the cannon to stun you long enough to get a final hit into the mix. I never use that bomb in actual combat since the timing on it is frankly impossible to pull off properly in most situations.

The more I play around with Chem the more I realise it doesn't suck, loads of options with runes to kill people. Fighting a wiccan/guardian - hit them with disloyalty and a hidden aff every 3 seconds plus high damage. Fighting a monk - hit them with gyfu every 3 seconds plus another aff - kill their momentum with constant paralysis and output decent damage. Got someone who's a bitch to kill? Hit them with deathprophesy using the pyrocannon to deliver the runes rather than the sling, means they have to contend with high damage and aff curing so you're building towards two kill states. Sure it's not SD or Guardian class when it comes to 1v1 combat but it does have loads of options people haven't explored yet.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited June 2014
    Fighting a bard? Gust/Rad them after every Octave and P5.

:(
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    Fighting a bard? Sit in the room and tank them with drink as you carve them up.

:(
    In 1v1, Night EG vs Bards are terribly one sided fights.

• @Celina, Xiel's site is outdated.

WYRDENWOOD - CREEPING

Syntax: WYRDENWOOD SUMMON CREEPING DOOM
    Power:  10 (Master Ravenwood)
    Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting
    Damage Source: Brute (magical)
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Novamist #1.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Karlach said:
    You can do Cav without rather well.

But I'd be fighting other cavaliers with runes, and I'm too much of a PK whore to put myself at that kind of disadvantage.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Hurray for so far being the closest thing to an OH, boo for everyone having disappeared indefinitely in the same instant.

RIP Crumkane's Order, am sorry.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Eritheyl said:
    Hurray for so far being the closest thing to an OH, boo for everyone having disappeared indefinitely in the same instant.

RIP Crumkane's Order, am sorry.
    If it's an condolence, I think this is an issue with a lot of orders right now, and kind of an expected result of having just so many gods show up at once.

I'm starting to feel kind of bad about wanting to stay in my inactive order myself.

• Mmhm. Jadice's bunch is a good bunch so far (I'm quite enjoying having @Ayisdra around, and @Khydan is of course wonderful) but it's also a quiet bunch, and since several things are sort of in limbo at the moment there's not that much going on. Just how things are, I think.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You relinquish the title of the Crescendo of Transformation. With a blinding flash, the Twisted Bracers of Jagrerox leaves your possession.
    You resigned from the Champion position of Cacophony.

I wish I could hold two positions :(
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Ileein said:
    Mmhm. Jadice's bunch is a good bunch so far (I'm quite enjoying having @Ayisdra around, and @Khydan is of course wonderful) but it's also a quiet bunch, and since several things are sort of in limbo at the moment there's not that much going on. Just how things are, I think.
    Bit of the same for us right now too 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Some days I wish dramaturgy offered the forest bards the chance to get their own aeon.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• First thoughts when I log in to Lusternia after some time and considering returning:

- Okay let's see...everything mostly decayed...would need to purchase all that
    - Aliases and triggers gone...would need to remake those.
    - System outdated...would need to purchase new one.
    - 5 new skillsets that havent seen in action...would need to get adjusted to those
    - a whole bunch of new curios and curio concepts that I have no idea how they work
    - Friendly chat clan seems to be gone..no socializing on that point
    - Requests/orders for assistance in aetherflares and village revolts (shockingly in the 2-3 days I would sign in), definitely not in the mood for that kind of stress.
    - Main character is demigod and trans guildskills, however guild seems pretty dead.
    - Some new skills seem interesting..perhaps create a new character

*Makes new character*
    - God it's painful using these basic abilities..
    - I'll just sign in later and see how this goes

*come back day later*
    - Character no longer exists

-,-
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Khydan said:
    Karlach said:
    I feel your pain.
    What about my pain? I'm the only active guild member. Even my other GL's aren't even active.  
This discussion has been closed.