Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I think Maligorn's complaint is less that you each got one village, and more than he wanted his one village to be Talthos.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    ES could be Evil @Salome or Eerie Siam or Enterprising @Ssaliss. Take your pick! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I thought it was Emar.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Lavinya said:

Maligorn said:

I don't understand why Glomdoring didn't just go for Dairuchi (edit: instead of Hallifax-flavoured, village-feelings'd Talthos) if they had numbers.

Being smug about it puts me out. (The forums grumpmeister makes an appearance).

We could have taken both. Instead we assisted with the second. I don't see what's so smug about that. It was nice to be in a position where we could do that.

I agree, however, it's not very often of late in revolts that such will happen when it's ten of one org and two of glomdoring. Maybe we will see more of a difference?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2015
    Akyaevin said:
    I think Maligorn's complaint is less that you each got one village, and more than he wanted his one village to be Talthos.
    It's important because A. Glomdoring will want it back next revolt and B. it's an always-peaced village, something that's really valuable for combatant-lite Hallifax. But Dairuchi is cool too I guess.

• Oh.

And here I thought you wanted it because of the RP connection between Hallifax and Talthos.

But OK.
  • Obviously that, too. :P

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2015
    Yeah guys I feel dirty having Dairuchi. Let's swap plz.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Daraius said:
    Just so you know, whenever anyone apart from Gaudiguch has Dairuchi they secretly plot to overthrow you.

And then they do nothing about it because they're too busy getting drunk and smoking weed/okorushi/xoqil/otherstuff
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:
    You know, this got me thinking. This would be an awesome negotiating and diplomacy ability. Why shouldn't nations be able to "swap" territories and towns, like nations do when they redraw boundaries after a war? I think this is an idea worth looking into.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Daraius said:
    You know, this got me thinking. This would be an awesome negotiating and diplomacy ability. Why shouldn't nations be able to "swap" territories and towns, like nations do when they redraw boundaries after a war? I think this is an idea worth looking into.
    I like this idea. Can we make a thread about it? Something about the political conflict system?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited September 2015
    Whoa, hold on sweetcheeks. I WORKED MY ASS OFF FOR DAIRUCHI. I had just got home after ten hours on my feet and took a village for Hallifax almost all by myself.

You'll have Dairuchi and you'll like it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Whoa, hold on sweetcheeks. I WORKED MY ASS OFF FOR DAIRUCHI. I had just got home after ten hours on my feet and took a village for Hallifax almost all by myself. You'll have Dairuchi and you'll like it.
    I don't really know why they're so picky about flavor, tbh. If you get a village, I think its a victory.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Especially considering the numbers and the fact that they had no combatants.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • yay for @Jadice things.

Even if your time seems to be short, it is always fun when you talk with us.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Great-grandpups! I love em.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So! I found the room in Icewynd where the Forsaken will start tracking you, as opposed to past it where they won't.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited September 2015
    Shaddus said:
    Whoa, hold on sweetcheeks. I WORKED MY ASS OFF FOR DAIRUCHI. I had just got home after ten hours on my feet and took a village for Hallifax almost all by myself. You'll have Dairuchi and you'll like it.
    Yeah, not that I'm NOT for Org to have village swapping powers, I'm all for that, but many Gloms died so you could have dairuchi, so you take it and like. 

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Also, Raves for the @Oneiroi !
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Raves at getting Dark Savant for the third time. Feels good to have my fingerblade back. Again. Time to start thinking about orghopping!

Thanks to those who helped along the way, notably @Aurik, @Salome, and @Tylwyth.

Also, hopefully this will be the last time I have to do Hifarae. Gromagh needs to get off her lazy butt and walk the 10 feet to the centaurs, seriously.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    Stratas said:
    Raves at getting Dark Savant for the third time. Feels good to have my fingerblade back. Again. Time to start thinking about orghopping!

Thanks to those who helped along the way, notably @Aurik, @Salome, and @Tylwyth.

Also, hopefully this will be the last time I have to do Hifarae. Gromagh needs to get off her lazy butt and walk the 10 feet to the centaurs, seriously.
    At least the quest wasn't bugged :P . Completing the counter quest has been a pain in the butt what with Sakima having amnesia and all.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2015
    Akyaevin said:
    Oh.

And here I thought you wanted it because of the RP connection between Hallifax and Talthos.

But OK.
    What about the RP connection between Talthos and Glomdoring?

I mean, when it first came out, Talan and Xenthos pushed to claim it for Glomdoring, and then kept it influenced for Glomdoring for a very long time thereafter.  (With help, of course!)
  • I was finally around for an event! All it took was me being awake at 5 am CST. \o

• Not a rave, but tweets is closed, so.

I am tremendously displeased by the new zombie skin. If an artifact that allowed the living to influence the undead was desired, fine. But undeath is the defining principle of necromancy, and as it stands a regular lich is now worse off, statwise, than someone who bought that skin. It's probably closer to a crow cloak than anything in terms of function, but the zombie skin is the only form of freely toggled undeath beyond undeadblues.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Nice artifact release!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    That mindfield arti is very tempting :o but no, no, must save dingbats for bixes first >.<
This discussion has been closed.