m&mf

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    When you reconnect, it's assuming that everything you did before qqing is still good.

You probably need to change the pause function on logging in to always do "off" instead of toggling

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited January 2016

Release 5

Changelog - 
    mmsp convert has been changed to a config option
    mmconfig oldwarrior (on|off) will convert to/from old warrior system

ice afflictions will now cure properly with applying ice. 
    crippled/mangled/missing limbs will register as damaged/mutilatedlimbs
    unknownbrokenlimbs will no longer fire unless oldwarrior is on
    fixed typos and general errors (like bruising diag line)
    numerous defense line updates
    fixed yoyo def
    fixed psymet enhancement defs
    fixed new def lines to account for indefinite or a time

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Does NDB know what to do with retired characters, now?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Okay, I figured out why it wasn't putting up and keeping up geburah and aethersight- I forgot to turn GMCP back on after I had to wipe everything and restore from backup.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Yeah, it should actually

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited January 2016
    Are there more recently updated versions of m&mf that anyone's done? I see that it was officially released in September. I know that overhaul is killing systems but something close would be great.

Edit: I'm looking at the first link. I don't know how open-source material works, apparently. So that link on the first post works for a recently updated system?
  • Pick your class from the latest release here: https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/releases
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited January 2016
    So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that having to click through a ton of crap (since I use the allclasses mmf) to get my def list looking pretty is a huge pain in the butt. I've passed this along to Sidd to see how he wants to pop it into mmf, but in the meantime, it's plenty easy to do this yourself and make that particular headache go the way.

I did the following.

1) Make a new trigger. Click the "Make it a multiline/And trigger" box and give it a fairly high delta. I went with twenty-five.
    2) For the first trigger line, make it: Password correct. Welcome to Lusternia.
    3) For the second trigger line, change it to a lua function and make it: return isPrompt()
    4) Paste the following into the script box.

KillSkills = {"Paradigmatics", "Nihilism", "Stealth", "Ecology", "Cosmic", "Aeonics", "Aquamancy", "Nekotai", "Hexes", "Geomancy", "Pyromancy", "Athletics", "Transmology", "Tahtetso",

"Astrology", "Acrobatics", "Music", "Glamours", "Moon", "Starhymn", "Shofangi", "Psionics", "Illusions", "Psychometabolism", "Tarot", "Telepathy", "Stag", "Rituals", "Night",

"Highmagic", "Sacraments", "Dreamweaving", "Ninjakari", "Healing", "Druidry", "Ascendance", "Tracking", "Elementalism", "Celestialism", "Wildarrane", "Necromancy", "Runes",

"Hunting", "Knighthood", "Telekinesis", "Phantasms", "Aeromancy", "Nature", "Crow", "Lowmagic", "Totems"}

for i,v in pairs(KillSkills) do

mm.ignoreskill((KillSkills[i]), true, false)

end

for k,v in pairs(gmcp.Char.Skills.Groups) do

mm.ignoreskill((gmcp.Char.Skills.Groups[k].name), false, false)

end

5) Save it. Now, every time you login, it'll pull what your current skills are from the game, and update the categories of your deflist automagically.

Here's a picture of the trigger for those that need a visual. Ignore the echo in the top of the script box, that was me making sure my trigger actually fired.

https://gyazo.com/d640956124ab965611405e093fdafb08

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Hey.

First of all, thank you again for your swift work on m&m and updating it @Synkarin.

Two small, no priority bugs I wanted to point out as I ran into them:

- m&mf's 'usehealing' isn't handled for the new afflictions. If you need, I can provide the names for the appropriate healing commands to be used.
    - On a Mac computer (such as my old laptop) the current m&m release doesn't work. It's easily fixed by removing all the 'carriage returns' from the m&m file, or at least am told they called that. (friend helped me debug those).

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Yeah, if you can give me the healing stuff, I'll work on getting that added

The Mac thing, this is probably because with this release, I made all the packages on my Windows machine where all the previous ones were made by Vadi on his Ubuntu macine. I'll look to see what I can do to fix that.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/blob/master/raw-mm.skeleton.lua#L1593 is what tracks what healing things can heal what m&mf-name afflictions

The carriage returns issue sounds strange. If you could, create a new profile for installing m&mf and show the actual error message you're getting upon installation.
    The error I got when I tried to start with the new m&m was the following:

Error loading module 'm&m' from file '/Users/ny/.config/mudlet/profiles/aeldra/Moondancer m&m/m&m':
      /Users/ny/.config/mudlet/profiles/aeldra/Moondancer m&m/m&m:106878: unfinished string near '"--
    Priorities list 'fixpinleg' by Vadi, exported @ Tue 07 Dec 2010 12:11:07 PM EST
    '"

Figured out was that after the \ at the line was a hidden \r (which I was told was a carriage return), which caused the m&m file not to load.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited January 2016
    I can confirm that the same thing happens on a GNU/Linux system (specifically Linux Mint, an Ubuntu-based OS).

EDIT: @Aeldra how did you fix it?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Hey. For anyone having troubles against Pureblades, there's a line missing in the twohand_power trigger for their assault modifier. Just add this:

^\w+ carves into you with a vicious assault, leaving your (head|chest|gut|left arm|right arm|left leg|right leg) (light|heavy|critical) wounded\.$

Might be missing for the other warrior specs too, but I don't have their lines; sorry!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've got a few specs, I'll check for lines.
    @everiine You'll need to find some editor which allows you to see carriage returns and then search/replace them. (usually denoted by \r it seems )
  • Tridemon said:
    Does NDB know what to do with retired characters, now?
    Looks like it was mostly fixed but the female retired line has a typo. Says "cut his thread" instead of "cut her thread"
  • mmf still showing the psymet defs as enhancementstrength, etc. Did a full uninstall of the old mmf and reinstalled this one, restarted mudlet, the whole 9 yards. Not sure if this is an issue with me installing it wrong or if there's a problem
    The names of the def didn't change, just the lines to put it up

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited January 2016
    Version 5 has been re-released.

Thanks to the m&mf sister system svof maintainer @keneanung(I don't know his Achaea name) 

m&mf can now automatically build and release the system. This should hopefully address any issues that cropped up in the last version

The changelog from the last one is the same

Please let me know if there are any further issues

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    "m&mf can now automatically build and release the system."

What does this actually mean?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    It really doesn't affect a whole lot of people

It really just means that when we go for a new release - each system will be build and released on github automatically rather than Vadi or me having to do it ourselves. This will also help avoid issues where if I build it on my windows computer, it's suddenly incompatible with Macs. It just streamlines the process.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Shaddus said:
    "m&mf can now automatically build and release the system."

What does this actually mean?
    It's become self-aware. Run!
  • Synkarin said:

It really just means that when we go for a new release - each system will be build and released on github automatically rather than Vadi or me having to do it ourselves. This will also help avoid issues where if I build it on my windows computer, it's suddenly incompatible with Macs. It just streamlines the process.
    Just curious: what are you using to automate the build process?

I don't really even know to be honest - you can check it you on Github

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Here's an issue that's come up

In v4 - I attempted to use overhaul functions with icelimbs to help convert broken/mangled/missing limbs to the new corresponding ice affs. This didn't actually work, so in v5, I removed it and did the long way to make the afflictions work. The issue that arises is that config files have saved those affs as overhaul mode, which may prevent them from being cured.

To fix this, check ''mmshow o' and for each ice aff (damaged limbs, mutilated limbs, damagedskull), if it's highlighted a green color and not greyed out, just click on it. That should turn off the overhaul stuff and enable to curing. Check again to ensure each affliction is greyed out.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Havastus said:
    Synkarin said:

Just curious: what are you using to automate the build process?
    Travis CI does the automated builds.
  • How might I personalize my m&m to use the furrikin "slip" instead of "writhe"?

should be a config option - mmconfig slip on

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Cool! Thanks.