m&mf

Comments

• Hello. A few questions, new to mm and mudlet...

- mm keeps spamming the login screen before I've had a chance to login. But if I stop it, 'do' stops working and it doesn't do defences... is there some way to make it calm down until I've logged in?
    - Trying to use mm's do queue with an alias, I get this error:
    - last... this is mudlet more than mm, but someone suggested this alias to me and it also errors:

can anyone help?
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    "If" needs to be lowercase.

if matches[2] then
          target = matches[2]
        end
        mm.do("point blaster "..target)

if matches[2] then
          send("crystalplex "..matches[2])
        else
          send("crystalplex")
        end
  • edited January 2016
    Altrea said:
    The third one works now but the second one still errors:
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    s/mm.do/mm.doadd/g

Full function API reference is here: http://doc.mm.vadisystems.com/#m-m-api
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    That's because there is not a 'mm.do' function

you probably want mm.doadd()

The spamming before login is solved by pausing the system, logging in and then unpausing it. (you can use 'pp' to toggle it)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thank you
    beep
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The system doesn't seem to be trying to cure broken limbs with ice. Did I miss a command to activate this?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yes, the local system config files that everyone saves has the overhaul ice afflictions saved as overhaul afflictions. You need to manually disable them via this command (then the system will start curing again):

Synkarin said:
    Here's an issue that's come up

In v4 - I attempted to use overhaul functions with icelimbs to help convert broken/mangled/missing limbs to the new corresponding ice affs. This didn't actually work, so in v5, I removed it and did the long way to make the afflictions work. The issue that arises is that config files have saved those affs as overhaul mode, which may prevent them from being cured.

To fix this, check ''mmshow o' and for each ice aff (damaged limbs, mutilated limbs, damagedskull), if it's highlighted a green color and not greyed out, just click on it. That should turn off the overhaul stuff and enable to curing. Check again to ensure each affliction is greyed out.

• Here's a question:

This is the top portion of my m&m slowcure prios.

^^ vv (1756) aeon (steam)
      ^^ vv (1755) aeon (purgative)
      ^^ vv (1754) aeon (herb)
      ^^ vv (1753) sap (physical)
      ^^ vv (1752) crotamine (purgative)
      ^^ vv (1751) burstorgans (salve)
      ^^ vv (1750) disembowel (salve)
      ^^ vv (1749) massivetimewarp (focus)
      ^^ vv (1748) massivetimewarp (herb)
      ^^ vv (1747) massiveinsanity (focus)

but it actually cures asthma/slickness/everything in the right order automatically. Would it save time in curing to actually go in and bump up slickness and asthma and everything else (like massive timewarp needs to be focus body'd and horehound'd in aeon if you want to survive a Researcher's shatterplex/aeon burst (and m&m already seems to know and do that)), or should I just let m&m do its own thing?

Sorry if this is unclear.

• You're misunderstanding the priority - it goes down the list and only cures things that it can. So it'll cure aeon first, if it can. If it can't cure aeon, it'll see if it can cure crotamine, and so on. Hope that helps
  • I can't get mm to heal some things... for example, in this link, it wouldn't cure recklessness, stupidity, dysentery, nor sunburnt...

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong..? I have all cures...

beep
    Any errors? Can you check mmshow ignore and see what pops up there

There really isn't any reason that it shouldn't be trying to cure those things especially since it's curing other things.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.

I don't really want to go back until I can trust mm again though...
    beep
  • Deathmark has always been ignored by default. It is strategically unsound to try and cure deathmark until you've some distance away from the necromancer, especially with the way they can maintain it and punish you for trying to take it off with old ectoplasm. The only saving grace is the fact that nihilists don't really use deathmark to set up a sacrifice kill (they can do it without), and if you keep an eye on when you need to buy distance to lower deathmark against an ur'guard, you can safely ignore it and almost never be in danger of a sacrifice kill from a solo ur'guard. 

• That's fine... I just need MM to heal things like stupidity and recklessness and dysentery...
    beep
    You should be able to check by sipping poisons for some of those, like dulak for stupidity, contortrin for recklessness Please post any errors as well

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You're never in danger of sac against a solo ur'Guard anyway because ectoplasm doesn't really do anything now. at 15 dthmark with ecto on, you crux? people still get balance back before you have eq. Sometimes even with a scabies tic right before the crux.
  • Synkarin said:
    You should be able to check by sipping poisons for some of those, like dulak for stupidity, contortrin for recklessness Please post any errors as well

worked both times... just like the original log there's no errors that I noticed..
    beep
    try doing 'config ohaffmessages both'

I think the issue is it doesn't recognize the brief cure line

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    try doing 'config ohaffmessages both'

I think the issue is it doesn't recognize the brief cure line

does this confirm or refute the hypothesis..?
    beep
  • Yes. The orange coloured numbers in brackets after the cured line is an indication the system has registered you've cured. (The numbers are how long it took to have it cured, so in this screenshot, 0.461s elapsed between getting the aff and getting it cured)

• Ok, thank you
    beep
  • edited February 2016
    mm is breaking again... basically the exact same problem/symptoms as before... no errors...

beep
    edited February 2016
    I don't know what to tell you honestly

It's curing other things (and recognizing recklessness)  so the only thing I can think of is it doesn't think it can cure those afflictions. 

Next time it happens, check balances (mmshow bals) and check affs (lua mm.affl) to make sure you have the required balances and it's tracking the affs. It may be something to do with the healing addon, and that's not something I'm super familiar with.

Edit : The fact that it's working with poisons in your earlier logs just emphasizes that something is saying 'don't cure this' in your Tosha logs. Check all your configs (usehealing, usemana) etc to see if something is configured wrong.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It also breaks in places like Asylum and pvp...

beep
    I didn't go over every line of that log, but I think it's important to note that m&m is curing things like asthma and paralysis early, and then appears to stop curing them later. It may have something to do with recklessness since that seems to be common, but as I said before, there's something that's saying 'don't cure this' and I don't know what is it.

You're going to have to do some more investigating to try and find the cause. There's only so much that can be done from looking at logs, and the fact that m&m cures the sipped poisons along with it curing early in that log, tells me that it's not necessarily that m&m is breaking and that something is interfering with it.

Do me a favor and post what shows up when you do 'mmconfig' and 'mmconfig2'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited February 2016
    Try seeing your assumed stats under recklessness to 25-50%. Healing may be set up to require a certain level of ego which would prevent it from curing

edit: think it's 'mmconfig assumedstats <number>'

edit2: Set it to above 35% to account for the mana stuff too, just in case. I think healing uses ego, but maybe I'm wrong, so setting it to 40-50% should account for both

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited February 2016
    When used on oneself, 'cure' uses mana, but... doesn't it fall back to herbs/potions when it can't use cure..? I thought I read that somewhere...

I set it to 50%, I'll see what happens next time...
    beep
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2016
    If healing is set to full I believe the system only sips. Try setting it to partial. Edit: this is remembering from like two out three years ago.