Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why bother hammering? There are so many magical and mechanical options available. One method: Drop a meteor on the thing!
  • Big thanks and reminders of love and awesomeness of @Falmiis @Tremula @Daraius @Zvoltz and so many more comrades. You make Hallifax cooler than it is (ice cold) with you around.
  • Sylandra said:
    Y'all ever feel like you're about to make an unwise commitment to Lusternia, and then you have to slap yourself to remember that doing too much is exactly how you burn out? Asking for a friend. :-<
    Do what you feel is going to get you the most enjoyment out of the game. You've given me great enjoyment and I would hate to see you burn out.

I should take my own advice sometimes, too.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Y'all ever feel like you're about to make an unwise commitment to Lusternia, and then you have to slap yourself to remember that doing too much is exactly how you burn out? Asking for a friend. :-<

story of my life. I'm working so much irl, I rarely have time to play.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I get really sad with how people interact some times, but then I remind myself "it's just a game, they're just playing that way."
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    I get really sad with how people interact some times, but then I remind myself "it's just a game, they're just playing that way."
      Mhm. I can attest personally that it is just a game and I do just play that way. For all our similarities, Yarou and I are completely separate entities. I'm not at all as cute as she is :((

• Yeah me being nice is purely IC, I'm only like that in game.
  • Kilee said:
    I get really sad with how people interact some times, but then I remind myself "it's just a game, they're just playing that way."
    Roleplay is a super important part of playing, there's rude, and then there's roleplay. Sometimes its hard to discern what is OOCly and what is IC, but you learn! :)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    If I type "overhault" instead of "overhaul" one more time I might lose my mind. 
    Lavinya said:
    Phoebus said:
    If I type "overhault" instead of "overhaul" one more time I might lose my mind. 
    Ever since curios, I can't type curious. I have to correct it every damn time.
    Don't I know it. I also do the opposite a lot, where I try to check curios and do the curious emote instead.  :(
  • Blacksmiths are about to get a lot of business.
  • Thinking about buying some credits to start my own treasure map curio stack. I think it'll pay for itself in around a month, maybe.
    See you in Sapience.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The Halli political stuff happening now is not super fun for me, but if ever there was a time for the population to be divided into new factions along ideological lines, this is it. X_X
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Can we make the Tweets / Raves / etc. threads not be considered announcements any more, please? It seems to be the Announcement threads that are the buggiest (keep flagging themselves as Read erroneously). They get posted in enough that they will stick around the top anyways.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited February 2016
    Daraius said:
    The Halli political stuff happening now is not super fun for me, but if ever there was a time for the population to be divided into new factions along ideological lines, this is it. X_X
    I keep wanting to do things about it and then I remember I'm a grad student and I can't afford to waste my time getting angry on the internet and then I get angry about it and gah it's a loop of doom:(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited February 2016
    I considered for a while if I wanted it out on the forums, but I really have to say something: You can claim things are IC as much as you want, if your only way to achieve your goal is to anonymously pass condensed hatred in forms of ugly insults and belittling and similar stuff and then can't even stand up to the things you've said, you should be ashamed of yourself. It's sad that you have to deal with this kind of nonsense in a game, especially if there's no reason to
    =((
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Sylandra said:
    Daraius said:
    I keep wanting to do things about it and then I remember I'm a grad student and I can't afford to waste my time getting angry on the internet and then I get angry about it and gah it's a loop of doom:( on silly things like eating or sleeping.

• Xenthos said:
    Can we make the Tweets / Raves / etc. threads not be considered announcements any more, please? It seems to be the Announcement threads that are the buggiest (keep flagging themselves as Read erroneously). They get posted in enough that they will stick around the top anyways.
    I always thought that was because they kept having posts removed from them, and that the amount of posts read was stored as an integer... So if you had 500 posts read, and they removed 10 posts, you wouldn't see the next 10 posts being posted. If that makes sense.

Then again, that was just my assumption.
    That is definitely part of it, but it also occurs randomly even when posts are not being removed. For example: If posts have been removed from the thread, when I go to Common Grounds it will just default it to 0 new posts (even though if I click on it it appropriately goes to the first unread post for me). There is a second bug, though, which marks threads (generally Announcement threads) as read after you read a different thread entirely. So if it shows me 3 new posts in Raves, 4 in tweets, 3 in random unpinned thread A and five in unpinned thread B. If I read thread B, it will often mark both Raves and Tweets as read but not thread A.
  • Xenthos said:
    Seems harmless enough. Done! 
    Thanks! I hope it helps at least a little. If it doesn't, then these forums just have an issue with large threads...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Bizarrely compelled to design adorable tiny sandwiches for Lusternia.

Am I going to buy a cartel for this or let the moment of fancy pass? Pondering the big questions. :-?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Bizarrely compelled to design adorable tiny sandwiches for Lusternia.

Am I going to buy a cartel for this or let the moment of fancy pass? Pondering the big questions. :-?
    It's a shame you don't have a big sister in-game who's trademaster of a cooking cartel or anything like that.  ;;)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2016
    We have a cooking cartel too. Don't you want Shevat Cooking Cartel to have a nice catalogue? Don't you like Luce?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.