Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tylwyth said:
    Vivet said:
    If you can't buy esteem or accumulate it fast enough for your tastes otherwise, I'm definitely an advocate of offering gold. It's kind of annoying since you can only offer up to 1000 at a time, but it's always there and always available.

How much essence does 1000 gold equal?

1 sovereign = 5 essence in the direct offering of gold, before all other offering modifiers start to apply.

• Falmiis said:
    I want to be a pyrochem :(

WHAT A COINCIDENCE. We want you to be a Pyrochem too. *openarms*
  • Zvoltz said:
    If you're having trouble advancing in an order and the patron is still active, you can always reach out to them for advancement or to suggest changing the requirements. My order was pretty big when players wrote the requirements but has shrunk with the competition from Isune and then Jadice, plus Halli's Team Vernal contingent. I would hate to see good people like @Falmiis not advance because the advancement structure hasn't kept up with the player environment.

I would just like to say I absolutely love @Maylea's Order. I was just disheartened when I saw the next set of advancement and spent so long learning that it is reliant on a person being available. Though I am not sure about another set of tasks as well.. they remind me of How To Make A Murd...Stalker.

It's also hard when you are not the sort of person to go running to the Divine every time you have a question.

I am glad she pointed out the play though, I watched it earlier and it did answer some of the things I needed to know.
  • edited March 2016
    Falmiis said:

Also halli4lyf.
    So you lied to me.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Maylea said:
    @Lavinya, @Demartel:

Unfortunately I'm not able to be around a lot at the moment, so I haven't been able to tell you this in game, but: if you're looking for Kavindra's history, there is a play on the stage about it, and Kavindra will say a small amount about it if you ask her about her daughter and husband. If that doesn't help you enough please do feel free to ask me in-game (IC via prayer or OOC via message) and I will help you as soon as I can. I'll also see what I can do about making access to that information easier.
    I feel I may have sounded more resentful than I actually am! There's many reasons I haven't been playing said character, and I did actually pray asking if the information was anywhere but haven't really logged in since, so that's totally on me.

I do actually like the flavour of the advancement and it's actually really simple stuff for the first task, the only issue is it's dependent on Gabriella being around to share the information, which isn't all that practical (she's not around at the moment I believe, but not only that we rarely crossed paths as it was because of timezones). And the other ranking member when asked said 'eh, it's not really my thing, ask Gabriella'. Grr. The mentor thing is great in theory too but in practice, not so much. I was made  a mentor and given a protege almost straight away because I think there was desperate need for it, but I felt way underqualified since I myself didn't know the basic lore stuff to start with! Awkward.

Anyway. @Maylea I adore your order and the interactions you have with it (and me!) and don't want you to think I was blaming it for not playing my character. It was just a piece in a giant jig-saw puzzle. Though possibly being inspired to come around more again....hmmm!

• Falmiis said:

Also halli4lyf.
    So you lied to me.
    You hear what you want to hear.
  • edited March 2016
    With all the politics surrounding Ascension and the talks of the Faction rework, I was starting to feel like Gaudi was really improving its identity and headed in a positive direction. People could be silly and have fun without being ridiculous or crudely pointless. The city was finding its balance, and definitely not the same city I tried years ago that hosted a naked chicken chasing contest at the nexus.

BUT THEN

GAUDIGUCH NEWS #1176
    Date: 3/23/2016 at 18:50
    Subj: Fashion Show

Category 1: men's thongs Theme: the Candymans Confections

Siiiiigh
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It should be noted that the order of the Epicurean in no way approved of this fashion show.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That stuff isn't going anywhere. Most people do agree that Gaudiguch needs more structure, and more, deeper, role-play outside of its divine orders, but the surface hedonism and zany joy isn't going anywhere. At least I hope not.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    On the other hand, you act like men don't need more thong choices.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You don't have to worry about @Falmiis anymore. He's becoming a Pyrochem. 

@Falmiis for team south. We have Fire Jesus.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Talan said:
    That stuff isn't going anywhere. Most people do agree that Gaudiguch needs more structure, and more, deeper, role-play outside of its divine orders, but the surface hedonism and zany joy isn't going anywhere. At least I hope not.
    I wholeheartedly agree. There is definitely so much untapped potential in Gaudi's arpees.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I get the impression that the hedonism and drunkenness of the Gaudiguch is really a genius cover to keep people from digging too deeply into Gaudiguch's seedy underbelly. "Oh, don't pay attention to them, they're just party animals" sounds exactly like the reaction Gaudiguch wants others to have.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • The downside is almost every alt or IRE transfer that knows anything about Lusty at all goes to Gaudi with the "hur dur beer and hoes broooo" 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    There was a time I considered moving to Gaudi because it has so much cool stuff. Definitely one of my favorite org concepts in Lusternia.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Everiine is onto us. Take him out, @Mysrai, and make sure it looks like an accident.
  • The issue is that for this to work well, you really do need two fully developed cultures (some other orgs struggle with a cohesive one), and modes of access to the underbelly, and it's rather a lot of work.

Gaudi is small to begin with, and a portion of that population really does just want the surface... so while the desire to have this is there, the actual results are poor-mixed. I know the guild-overhaul team is looking hard at refining what we have into what we want.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • With all the politics surrounding Ascension and the talks of the Faction rework, I was starting to feel like Gaudi was really improving its identity and headed in a positive direction. People could be silly and have fun without being ridiculous or crudely pointless. The city was finding its balance, and definitely not the same city I tried years ago that hosted a naked chicken chasing contest at the nexus.

BUT THEN

GAUDIGUCH NEWS #1176
    Date: 3/23/2016 at 18:50
    Subj: Fashion Show

Category 1: men's thongs Theme: the Candymans Confections

Siiiiigh

Wanted designs for things people don't do on a daily basis. Also wanted something fun cause not everything has to be über serious.
  • Tarkenton said:
    I'd really love to see the alcohol designs expanded. As is, we've got beer, wine, and whiskey. Would love to see more spirits (vodka, tequila, rum, etc) as well as the ability to craft cocktails and perhaps a general mixed drink type. 'Cause then Gaudi can start having some swanky parties.
    There actually used to be another alcohol design, I think it was moonshine? But I can't quite remember. I miss it! :( 

• Dude, everyone knows the frat party thing is a facade
  • Gwenelle said:
    I got an entry absolve today
    Is that what you did to me in the UV?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Pectus: The moonshines by and large were my recipes. They still exist but are now labelled as whiskey
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited March 2016
    The shimmering form of Tzaraziko, an echo from the past, rises up over Avechna's Peak and shouts throughout creation
    that Pejat is blessed by the Wheel.

;-;
This discussion has been closed.