Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I'm also enemied everywhere but Glom and Gaudi.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2016
    Enyalida said:
    Gore isn't primarily an instakill ability. 
    This is late BUT couldn't we be more subtle in downplaying our skills? Gore IS an instakill ability. It's in the AB itself. In fact, between the two druid specs, it's the more spam the win button friendly. WHY? Because Swoop can only be used on targets that are on the ground. Using Swoop on a target whose mana is above the instakill threshold drags the target to the treetops, leaving beyond the reach of the mana drainers on the ground. They have be shoved off the trees. 4-5 Crow users perched in the trees attempting to use Swoop is possible but impractical. Now, let's look at Gore. 4-5 Stag users on the ground + their friends means that the Stag users can SPAM GORE UNTIL THE TARGET DIES FROM THE INSTAKILL CONDITION.

STOP THIS NON-SENSE.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Two steps forward, one step back.
  • edited April 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Two steps forward, one step back.

The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Straight up, this conversation is getting Cold Hearted. 
  • Has.. anyone else stopped getting crit messages..? o.o
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    Has.. anyone else stopped getting crit messages..? o.o
    Make sure the gag for crit messages in Windmills isn't active.
  • Falmiis said:
    Yehn said:
    Has.. anyone else stopped getting crit messages..? o.o
    Make sure the gag for crit messages in Windmills isn't active.
    Where is this exactly..?^^;
    beep
  • Search for a trigger called "Criticals". It's in the Aether_Gags folder of the default Windmills installation.
  • Falmiis said:
    Search for a trigger called "Criticals". It's in the Aether_Gags folder of the default Windmills installation.
    That was it. Danke^^
    beep
  • Xenthos said:
    Why would you want a trigger to gag criticals? Why would it be on by default? I am confused; critical information is both useful to know and makes you feel pretty good about yourself when you get three World Shattering hits in a row.
    To reduce spam during an aetherhunt, which it doesn't really matter that much to know when you crit, and didn't get disabled after an aetherhunt for whatever reason.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I had thought of a really awesome typecast adjective for the demigod power ability. Then I realized that I only had the choice between 6 predetermined ones for the org I am part of. 

It suddenly lost all appeal since I don't really like any of the 6 choices available to me and just ended up removing the power very fast.
    I know what you mean. I like the idea of typecast, but the Hallifaxian options...leave something to be desired, to put it nicely. To put it a bit more accurately, they bore me to tears. I went from "cool!" to "uh, nope" in the time it took me to read the details.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I just wish I could pick "loboshigaru" as my adjective. No, masquerade is not an acceptable alternative. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Phoebus said:
    I had thought of a really awesome typecast adjective for the demigod power ability. Then I realized that I only had the choice between 6 predetermined ones for the org I am part of. 

It suddenly lost all appeal since I don't really like any of the 6 choices available to me and just ended up removing the power very fast.
    I know what you mean. I like the idea of typecast, but the Hallifaxian options...leave something to be desired, to put it nicely. To put it a bit more accurately, they bore me to tears. I went from "cool!" to "uh, nope" in the time it took me to read the details.
    Moved to Hallifax. I am bored by the Hallifaxian ones.

I would definitely pay more essence/possibly more points for a custom one. Or more choices!

On the other hand, there are literally like 2 dozen options for choice look/entry/etc. Why is typecast so blah?
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Aw man, stop hating on Hallifaxian typecast. Timeless is so good.

It's like you're referring to yourself as a "timeless classic". It's so deliciously pompous.

Be Timeless.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I was thinking of using Timeless when I finally decide to wear my stopped watch.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I actually sort of like Scientific and Artistic. And I laughed at Bureaucratic.

I agree, I'd love the ability to set custom ones, though with how crazy some people are with their customizable stuff (like those terrible, terrible Laurels descriptions that are just very badly written and involve pies or tails or sand or whatever and forced action), I can understand why it's not so feasible...
  • Maybe they should be sent to be approved by admins beforehand. Crazy people would be taken care of, somewhat.
  • Definitely would love some Manteekany typecasts! (Also Manteekany enters, and exits, and shouts, and omg, moar Manteekan.) And probably also Shadowdancer ones... Mm... Shadowdancer stuff...
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited April 2016
    I wonder if we could collectively put together a few more options and see if the admin likes them enough to add them into the game.

Not that I would have the weight for them. Please make customisation fluff cost 0 weight.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited April 2016
    I have vague memories of being told that typecasts could be on the table for city/guild purchases. I'm not positive, I might have dreamed it. But I think someone told me that could be a patron thing. So definitely ask.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I imagine you could talk to the patrons of whatever org you'd like to see more of the demi fluff stuff for (typecast, enter/exit, etc) and if they're well designed they'll consider them. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think it would be cool if there were skillset-based look, enter, and typecast choices. 
  • Racial typecasts should be a thing
  • Aren't guild typecasts skillset based?
This discussion has been closed.