Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Demartel said:
    Sylandra said:
    I'm already having a terrible day. And now I'm dreading logging in because the exact same drama I already dealt with like at least twice now has reared its head.

Here is a tip. If you want to run a ministry, ask to be the head of that ministry. Don't continually do things as aide that the Minister has politely asked you not to do.

I feel your pain. I have an almost the same, not quite the same, drama brewing situation as well. Something that should have taken a week and a half has taken over a month and is still going on and despite my attempts to remedy the situation or push it to conclusion nothing happens... then to top it off the person causing the issue wants to be rewarded with one of, IMHO, the highest rewards said position could attain, for not doing said person's job.

It's chaos. Man. I just feel like I'm living Groundhog Day. Does no one remember earlier conversations but me?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Dylara said:
    Dylara said:
    Dreamweavers.
    To add to this, I just love being attacked non-stop in my home territory, violetting non-stop and still not being able to do anything because I'm the only one around right now who can.
    Name and Shame and we'll pay them a visit. 
  • Designing this for the Nihilists:

- an oily, gleaming olive latex catsuit ornamented with a triangle of darkened, void crystals;
    - an oily, blood-splattered latex catsuit adorned with a blossoming amaranth;
    - an exposing, half-charred latex catsuit scaled with molten bell fragments;
    - a gleaming black latex catsuit ornamented with an obsidian tome bound in grey silk threads;
    - a heavily fastened, midnight leather catsuit adorned with a spiked throne of the damned.

Hail the Bondage Rangers.

Edit : Seriously, I watched Sin City recently and I had its black, white, red graphics in mind when I started to make them.
    wtf is happening while I'm gone.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2016
    Dylara said:
    Dylara said:
    Dreamweavers.
    To add to this, I just love being attacked non-stop in my home territory, violetting non-stop and still not being able to do anything because I'm the only one around right now who can.

TRANSVERSE ETHEREAL will shake any dreamweaver you have on you. 

EDIT: Also, I bet I know who this is. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Dylara said:
    Dylara said:
    Dreamweavers.

TRANSVERSE ETHEREAL will shake any dreamweaver you have on you. 

EDIT: Also, I bet I know who this is. 
    Yes, I could run away (and eventually went to the realm of shadows) but I would like to do other things to get rid of a dreamweaver.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Sylandra said:
    I'm already having a terrible day. And now I'm dreading logging in because the exact same drama I already dealt with like at least twice now has reared its head.

Here is a tip. If you want to run a ministry, ask to be the head of that ministry. Don't continually do things as aide that the Minister has politely asked you not to do.
    Um... don't you have a letter opener for.. those.. sort of situations..? ^^;
    beep
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Can't you just hang out in the trees to avoid DW too?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Not if you let them dreamdrift to you and link. Dreamweavers can get into the tree elevation other ways if they're clever (and have a little help). 

Once they're linked (until the changes go through allowing links to be broken with violet), the only real way to shake them outside of forcing them to run away is to leave the plane their body is on or cross an avenger protection boundary (as you can't follow in/out of pk free zones). Almost always, this means a quick dash across your own borders will break the link, and then you can move away (to the trees if you want) as normal. 

• Yep. I give up on today. I've been hounded virtually non-stop since I signed off.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• @Dylara Sorry, there was a 5-sign Skull stellium today (hallucinations, stupidity, sensitivity, reckless, aeon) that I couldn't pass up.  :bz
    See you in Sapience.
  • Logging in to the entirety of Glomdoring on fire and other people not around/responding... I flailed my arms like a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.
    That being said, I hope Nexus Storm and making it rain worked, the fires seemed to go away after I used it.
  • Why you gotta come for Glom in the middle of a work day?

Griefing mode: activated
  • Twytch said:
    @Dylara Sorry, there was a 5-sign Skull stellium today (hallucinations, stupidity, sensitivity, reckless, aeon) that I couldn't pass up.  :bz
    I understand, just after being hounded by that dreamweaver, then the forest being completely on fire, M&M lagging out and getting disconnected because I ran out of two cures, then being killed while I had no defences and the whole forest was on fire was just too much.

• edited April 2016
    Dylara said:
    Twytch said:
    @Dylara Sorry, there was a 5-sign Skull stellium today (hallucinations, stupidity, sensitivity, reckless, aeon) that I couldn't pass up.  :bz
    I understand, just after being hounded by that dreamweaver, then the forest being completely on fire, M&M lagging out and getting disconnected because I ran out of two cures, then being killed while I had no defences and the whole forest was on fire was just too much.

I think I handled the fire (I think) - I absolutely love logging in and before putting up defenses nearly dying to flames.

How did the forest get lit on fire? 
  • No idea, but it was completely on fire....
  • edited April 2016
    Othero said:
    Designing this for the Nihilists:

- an oily, gleaming olive latex catsuit ornamented with a triangle of darkened, void crystals;
    - an oily, blood-splattered latex catsuit adorned with a blossoming amaranth;
    - an exposing, half-charred latex catsuit scaled with molten bell fragments;
    - a gleaming black latex catsuit ornamented with an obsidian tome bound in grey silk threads;
    - a heavily fastened, midnight leather catsuit adorned with a spiked throne of the damned.

Hail the Bondage Rangers.

Edit : Seriously, I watched Sin City recently and I had its black, white, red graphics in mind when I started to make them.
    wtf is happening while I'm gone.

A new faction was released while you were gone : the Bondage Rangers. It requires proper attire.
  • Meteors can cause fires.
  • Enyalida said:
    How did the forest get lit on fire? 
    I assume Twytch.

• Outr iron
    ironcraft bucket
    go to river, not ocean, because salt water is different from regular water for reasons
    fill bucket with water;rift fill from bucket X 200 times
    go from room to room, doing rift drain 50 water to bucket;douse fire

miss one room, restart entire process
  • edited April 2016
    Why you gotta come for Glom in the middle of a work day?

It's not the middle of my work day. And I went in, alone, I wasn't coordinating with whomever the dreamweaver was. 

EDIT: Yep, I think the forest fire was my fault. Unintended, but it was me.
    See you in Sapience.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Are you sure dw can't cross planes? I've personally linked to people on prime and followed them to aether bubbles. Granted, it's obviously been several months.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Twytch said:

It's not the middle of my work day. And I went in, alone, I wasn't coordinating with whomever the dreamweaver was. 

Yes, Twytch and Dreamweaver were separate occurrences. I have no problem with Twytch raiding, Twytch I could deal with (even though I didn't very well this time, which was my fault for getting frustrated and running around putting out fires defenceless). The dreamweaver I couldn't.

You can follow, but after ~4s you're snapped back to your body (wherever it is) if you move to a different plane than it's on. Transversing at your nexus is a double whammy for losing a dreamweaver though, because of avenger mechanics. 
  • Thul said:
    Outr iron
    ironcraft bucket
    go to river, not ocean, because salt water is different from regular water for reasons
    fill bucket with water;rift fill from bucket X 200 times
    go from room to room, doing rift drain 50 water to bucket;douse fire

miss one room, restart entire process

I liked my method, it required less effort. That being said, now I know this is a thing. Thank you.
  • I was actually unaware of Storm, I don't think it was a thing the last time I was around and I haven't gone through my privs yet since getting Security.

Storm is dorky (and way overpriced), but it does eventually put out widespread fires. More importantly, it will dramatically slow the spread of fires, making it easier to douse. 
  • Twytch said:

Did you use Meteorstorm or regular Meteor?
  • Shedrin said:
    Twytch said:

Did you use Meteorstorm or regular Meteor?
    MeteorStorm, I wanted to know the message. 
    See you in Sapience.
This discussion has been closed.