Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Real answer: Gaudi doesn't get raided because Gaudi's retaliation would be much worse.
    Real answer, every time I've raided Gaudi nobody defends.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.

• Demartel said:
    The only hypocrisy here is from the "south". When Celina was doing it you all railed on Twytch (not one person said "You know Cyndarin they are right, it is a glomdoring/serenwilde thing". Synkarin even going so far as to call Twytch a Fralunah and Lerad dropping the F-bomb on him. All the rest basically saying to the North, "suck it up or call Twytch off"

When the shoe is on the other foot all you can do is call us hypocrites and call us out for doing the same actions you may not have condoned but certainly did not condemn.

Very good job, Lerad. You bolded a portion of a line to express your point, as though the context of the line left unbolded  or subject of the post did not matter. Nice tactic, purely transparent, but nice tactic all the same.
    Wow, if I wanted to leave the context out, I would have half quoted my post, not left everything in there so that, you know, you can actually get the context of the post.

Since you're demonstrating an utter failure at reading comprehension: the second paragraph, which I bolded, was addressed to Twytch in the first person (he's the "you" I was speaking at) and it refers to literally (meaning, word-for-word meaning) everyone who was defending setting fires, as can be seen from the plural forms of "mouths" and "those". This was an attempt to shame both Twytch and the others who are riding on that form of logic, by equating them to Twytch and his excuses (which are likened to "piles of shit" - you know, an insult). In hindsight, Twytch probably didn't feel much shame - can't be helped, just the way he is.

But no, clearly, I should have just lied straight out and said: 

the pile of shit that's been coming out of the mouths of those justifying setting forests on fire

^ That was directed at Celina!

Maybe I would have gotten away with it, with the kind of reading ability that this forums has.

• No one raids vortex, gaudi has no villages and killing lords is raiding light, especially with no one else online :(
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Gaudiguch didn't get raided because you have no villages and killing Vortex mobs drains 0 power (or has that changed), unlike raiding Celestia/Nil (drains power) or EtherWilde/Glom (have to influence back mobs). Also there's no quick rift to either Vortex or Continuum from their respective elemental planes, which is a hindrance to us plebs. :(

I did fly us to Gaudiguch's nexus world to kill Issey, though. That was fun, and can count as a raid!
    See you in Sapience.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ciaran said:
    Xenthos said:
    Yarith said:
    Why are we arguing again? :(

Because Ciaran threw up some really shoddy logic to defend himself (and then went flag happy when it was pointed out to him) and Demartel is fanning the flames with opinions unsupported by either fact or truth. We would not be having this conversation otherwise, we would probably just be saying that forest fires are annoying (because they are).

Edit: I guess if you did tell Lerad to respond in kind, that would also be a reason. :P

Wait, hahaha, what!?  Defend myself from what? I'm confused.  Did I do something wrong now? Xenthospolice, please read me my rights.

You're the one who wrote a convoluted defensive post to justify your actions, not me. :P
  • edited July 2016
    Ciaran said:
    Real answer: Gaudi doesn't get raided because Gaudi's retaliation would be much worse.
    Real answer, every time I've raided Gaudi nobody defends.

Never when I'm around! Wonder if Sidd or Malarious or the active PKers have ever noticed. Spoiler alert: prolly not. Edit: You flew to the nexus world? That's dedication. I recant my statement.
  • Twytch said:
    I would definitely agree to removing fires and elder chopping as long as it goes hand in hand with removing power from totems. Put everyone on equal ground.

P.S. The last time I set fires before today was in response to Kraw jumping Luas in the GIP (that triggered a whole Hallifax response along with Prime PK and killing mobs). And before that it's been weeks (finals season yo, a boy's gotta hit the books). Issey and whoever can set fire to Serenwilde/Glomdoring all they want, but put credit where credit is due: not on me (for now). :)
    By the way, REPORT 1374.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    lol - but surely you are raiding for a fight right? right? Not because you're trying to drain power or be annoying? Yet I see Twytch, Demartel, Yarith around when I'm typically playing and surprisingly...no raids...like ever. The only person I don't typically see here is Ciaran and he's always trying to catch me to spar or something when I'm getting my urtrap before work. I see plenty of Etherglom action, or Faethorn action, but nothing else. 

I haven't condemned the Halli people once here. I'm perfectly fine if they want to set fires and kill guards because Issey gigglesnorted fire into Etherwilde. I'm perfectly fine if they want to grief Issey as a response. Kill her all you want, I would.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm sorry you misunderstood, Xenthos. I don't have anything to defend.  We hit Glom because Issey ran there after setting fire to Ethseren.

You can be mad at me for what I did. I don't care really care, but I'm more sorry that it frustrated Lerad, because I just enjoy fighting enemies in this game, and at least Lerad tried to defend.  If it weren't for him actually engaging instead of running away, we wouldn't have had any fun.  I wasn't being sarcastic when I sent Lerad the tell about not being able to have fun on 26 guards.  I was hoping he might lower the number and maybe Twytch and I could go fight him.  I hope this doesn't discourage you from engaging us.  The most annoying thing to me is when people don't even try to fight.

My whole response was to Lerad wanting to get gauntlets. I'd rather he just raided us instead of griefing innocent Serenwilde.  I don't condone setting fires either, so getting gauntlets just seems like a trashy waste of money.

The better option would be to raid Halli, then we could actually have some fights, and people might actually have fun in this game instead of constantly being miserable and complaining about the other side.

Anyway. Thanks and props to @Lerad. Piss off @Xenthos. Play the game not the forums! <3
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • You can't blame people for not wanting to fight overwhelming odds.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I have a question for the enemy alliance, and especially @Cyndarin. Genuinely curious here.

Why don't you raid Hallifax? I haven't seen anyone raid Hallifax with more than just a kick and run in months. (Though of course I have long stretches where I don't log in, so I can miss things pretty easily).

I know Ethereal is a much more accessible and fun battleground (for various reasons), but occasionally I see @Cyndarin hit Celestia, and I wonder, why never Continuum?
    Yarith said:
    You can't blame people for not wanting to fight overwhelming odds.

Everytime you guys lose, it's because we have the 'overwhemling' odds though right? If it's not numbers, it's quality, if it's not quality it's experience, if it's not experience, it's numbers.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2016
    Aside from Demartel's apparent inability to flip his "Word of the Day," calendar from "hypocrisy," to "nuance," and "context," I think it's important to note that Issey should not be considered in the same vein as myself and Twytch who know exactly what setting a fire entails. Issey is a genuine newbie, the context of setting a fire is almost certainly not known to her. Twytch Vs Celina is a different situation in almost every way. Whatever your thoughts on it or which side you fall on, drawing parallels between the two, as if the knowledge and experience level between the scenarios is remotely similar, is dishonest and simply an excuse to toe the partisan line as fiercely as some always do.
  • I mean, do you believe that there's an even distribution in experience/investment in the meaningful fights which occur?

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    There will never be an even distribution. There will always be excuses and blame though, and typically not placed where it should be.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • There's only so much you can do as an individual.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Shedrin said:
    I have a question for the enemy alliance, and especially @Cyndarin. Genuinely curious here.

Why don't you raid Hallifax? I haven't seen anyone raid Hallifax with more than just a kick and run in months. (Though of course I have long stretches where I don't log in, so I can miss things pretty easily).

I know Ethereal is a much more accessible and fun battleground (for various reasons), but occasionally I see @Cyndarin hit Celestia, and I wonder, why never Continuum?

It's a real pia to get there and it doesn't seem to have the same effect as raiding say celestia or seren in terms of actual damage done, from my understanding of the two new cosmic planes.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited July 2016
    @Shedrin: I tried raiding air and Continuum a few months back. A couple had no response, which isn't particularly relevant, but in every single one where there was a response full discretionaries were up before the engagement even started (including ripple/flux) and on nearly every occasion all three north orgs responded en masse. I remember specific fights where we'd get rippled and just have to leave because it makes it impossible to organize. So I stopped.

It was usually Air before Continuum (because I find continuum confusing), so there wasn't even a meld involved. Typically, if the response is to just crush a raid to the point of not being able to actually raid, they'll just stop raiding you, which as far as I could tell was Hallifax's go to response. 

Oddly enough, and I don't know why, I feel like I get more frequent responses from Etherwilde and Celestia, and those responses are less severe. 
    edited July 2016
    In response to @Shedrin - nobody ever responds when we raid Hallifax because they just don't care about airlords and Continuum gets rough because you can accidentally walk into a sphere super easy (plus isn't the aetherport through a sphere too? I forget). I kicked some airlords a week or two ago, with Yarith/Falmiis/Avurekhos around and sat there with zero response. There were aeros, but the response I've gotten from people is that they just don't care. There is no obligation to defend, so nobody shows up. 

Celestia will typically get responders, as will Etherwilde.

As far as individual - when we stole Nature, we didn't think we'd win. I remember Lerad saying that he'd join but he'd need some time and I responded with something like 'I don't know if we'll have more than one go at this because of their numbers.' We ended up winning (because lolunleash amirite?). 

People need to get over this 'I only trust so and so to lead' shit as well. You can't develop new pvpers and new leaders if you don't give them the chance. I know that I hate when things always fall to me because it feels like I'm depriving people the opportunity to step up. Especially in things like wargames.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The same could be said by anyone to anyone. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Ok that's fair enough. Hallifax has the Continuum construct up most of the time so discretionary spam is definitely a thing.
  • Synkarin said:
    In response to @Shedrin - nobody ever responds when we raid Hallifax because they just don't care about airlords and Continuum gets rough because you can accidentally walk into a sphere super easy (plus isn't the aetherport through a sphere too? I forget). I kicked some airlords a week or two ago, with Yarith/Falmiis/Avurekhos around and sat there with zero response. There were aeros, but the response I've gotten from people is that they just don't care. There is no obligation to defend, so nobody shows up. 
    The dock isn't through a sphere.
  • Also kicking loyal mobs really depends on people who can hear loyalsays. Loyalsays for lords/guardian mobs really should be orgwide.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Also kicking loyal mobs really depends on people who can hear loyalsays. Loyalsays for lords/guardian mobs really should be orgwide.

I know there's been some ethglom raids nobody has noticed because no one can hear the mobs cry out.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    No one raids Vortex because it's stupidly defensible. And when I say raiding, I mean smobs, because the tit-for-tat, kick-and-run, set-your-mom-on-fire BS is not raiding.
    All raiding doesn't involve supermobs by the by.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Nothing matters but smobs and Faethorn fights.
This discussion has been closed.