Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Not suggesting a war on a guild but a 5 man guild team attacks someone then that guilds got to expect some vengeance right? Whether its someone jumping them hunting or a counter coven or something I guess.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Veyils said:
    Not suggesting a war on a guild but a 5 man guild team attacks someone then that guilds got to expect some vengeance right? Whether its someone jumping them hunting or a counter coven or something I guess.
    If you want to jump seren people, I am sure there are better excuses then that, but suit yourself. To me it sounds a little like needing an excuse to jump people, but maybe I'm biased on that regard, I don't know. In any case, if you're going to jump people, please pick the combatants and not the youngsters. :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • As a note,  I don't condone griefing. Like I said I was bummed because I've not been up to much the last couple months, not even defending because nothing occurs when I'm online. Sorry to apparently start something. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Veyils said:
    Not suggesting a war on a guild but a 5 man guild team attacks someone then that guilds got to expect some vengeance right? Whether its someone jumping them hunting or a counter coven or something I guess.
    They probably didn't know they were about to be used in that coven, was the point just made. I remember back in my newbie days that I kept a coven running at the Moonhart Mother at all times, adding pretty much whoever to it because I was idle there while writing designs in another window. So when someone died I just waited for someone to pop in with the corpse, circled up, and resurgem'd. Then went back to idling. I even remember someone randomly highjacking it for a Harvest coven once in spite of the fact that, like, two of the people in it had shown signs of life in the preceding or following hours. And one of those was me adding people to it.

Heck, I remember my shadowdancer doing the same thing and performing, like, six or seven penumbras a day.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Well short of the perpetrators being ICly thrown under a bus by their cohorts, indiscriminate killing of Moon users is fair game.

Gunpoint diplomacy is often surprisingly effective, and usually the best way at getting results.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited November 2016
    I don't mean to be super dickish here, though I know it'll come across this way, but coming to the forums to voice your dissatisfaction about being "griefed" (as defined by Karlach, Shaddus) when it was actually a full Moon rage coven (what an awesome skill, wouldn't you use Terror if you got the chance?) that didn't even succeed in killing you...

Now you've got other people biting at the bit to go take revenge in a shitty way that probably won't equate to a Terror coven. :|

• ...are you people seriously saying that receiving  retaliation after openly assaulting somebody else is griefing? That retribution on the guild responsible is a bad thing? 

Negative, Ghost Rider.

You hit somebody, you better expect to get hit back. It feels like this should be a common sense thing, so please tell me that I'm missing something.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Except when people say 'indiscriminate killing of X users', what ends up happening is that newbies and lowbies and non-coms get ganked and whoever was doing it continues to do it for eternity a la Arcanis's forestry efforts so the 'indiscriminate killing' continues, and the newbies, lowbies, and non-coms getting repeatedly ganked throw up their hands and turn into 'people who idle in manses and kvetch'.
  • "indiscriminate killing of Moon users"
    "because we aren't about to name drop the people who did it"
    "time to gank Moon users that were likely noncoms that were dragged into the Rage coven"
    (the Rage coven didn't even kill anyone is what it sounds like)

Give us some credit, the kids are hardly going to be complicit in this. At worst they'll get debated if they try to gather fae.

Some of them probably haven't even got Moon yet.

And you meant to be super dickish Maligorn, you knew a post berating someone for expressing their frustration for being griefed is dickish, because how dare people take revenge, and yet you made it anyway

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited November 2016
    Except -- I'm actually more mad because you and Rideta are the ones defining this as "griefing" when Dylara specifically did not use that word and only mentioned that she felt bummed. It sounds like you're just looking for an excuse here.

However, it is possible to not be mean and point out that Dylara could've used any medium besides a public forum to express this.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You should go post in some other thread, Maligorn.  Do you really want your 2000th post to be a grief-tweet?
  • I feel like I'm being misunderstood. Sigh. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Coven attacks go past avenger?
  • This isn't even my fight, to clarify. Didn't happen to my character, my character won't respond.

That said, if a Moon Coven targeted Rideta, she'd swear eternal vengeance. Could care less if the people involved normally fought, they sure as hell tried to kill her. If she didn't know who it was? Everyone dies. Everyone who so much as looked up at that silvery thing in the sky and grinned would be fair game.

I don't think that's griefing. That's cause and effect.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
    I don't see you condoning other people who come to the forums when this happens, so if anything you're now explicitly targetting Dylara. Why can't she express her discontent the same way anyone else does?

Also so what if she doesn't use the word griefing, it doesn't suddenly make it not so as if the word is somehow magical in nature and determines whether one was griefed or not.

Also if you come on the forums to express dismay, that's a sign of grief.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No, see, I give most of you a lot of credit, but I have this cynical streak a mile and a half wide, and I know someone on EVERY side is going to be THAT guy and take any excuse they can find to be griefy, because historically, someone on every side has been THAT guy and done so.

And we as a community then devolve into apologist defenses on one side of the fence, finger pointing on both sides, and a he-ganked-she-ganked argument that lasts until someone inevitably just stops playing, at which point the argument shifts to 'well harden up princess' vs 'this is entirely and irrefutably your fault' and the cycle starts over again and nobody listens to the people calling the whole thing on its hypocrisy and ludicrosity. 

The game is over 10 years old, can we as a player base make the same claim?
    edited November 2016
    you know. Never mind. Let's get back to tweets.
  • That is just...so twisted, and wrong. If you want to grief in retaliation for something that's essentially flavour, be my guest. But why not shoot straight and just say you want to grief Serenwilde because it's Serenwilde, because that is the thin veil here. I'm 100% certain that you won't be defending a New Moon Terror when it happens. You asking for a kill list on the Rage coven is also distasteful. @Rideta , I look forward to seeing your name on a deathsight for a Moondancer newbie (or any Seren newbie).

Rage coven shenanigans =/= indiscriminate killing of Moon users/lovers. That's like a newbiekick vs a godzap in terms of magnitude. Does that not make sense? :/

I get that Dylara is bummed, believe me. She had to live with Twytch, and now she's back and the target of a full Rage coven. But I would bet so much that that coven wasn't targeting Dylara because she's Dylara, and rather just because "oh, she's an enemy, she's outdoors, let's poke her."

And Xenthos is right, my 2000th post shouldn't be this way.

No one said to grief all of Serenwilde. Put your hyperbole back in the drawer.

And no, I've never tried to defend terror covens, if you get involved in one you're open to the consequences of your actions.

Actions have consequences, trying to argue they shouldn't is just legitimising people who think they be aggressive and get away with it.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Breandryn said:
    Coven attacks go past avenger?
    Unless I'm misremembering, it counts everyone in the coven as an aggressor, so Dylara should have 4-5+ new people on her 'bullies' list, but figuring out which of those 4-5 were active participants and which ones were minding their own business while a Lunatic Raged is a tad trickier. And that's assuming that for whatever reason Avenger didn't consider the coven being in Seren when it attacked her as activating the enemy territory clause (it shouldn't).
    edited November 2016
    Serenwilde might as well not do fuck all and just be defenders for the rest of their lives, then. You can't go out reclaiming the natural world if you stay within your borders and do --nothing-- aggressive. I understand your point -- there should definitely be some blows received and thrown because of this, but what you seem to be suggesting is actual griefing for something that didn't even kill anyone. Furthermore, you're asking OOC for who was involved in the Rage coven, and promise that if you don't get that list, that you're going to kill all Moon users. Hello?

• So for future reference where should I voice my dissatisfaction thesee days? 

Errrr no.

No I'm not, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this earlier as something to do ICly. I know you're desperate to score points here but don't be intellectually dishonest and sacrifice your reading comprehension for doing it.

Lol at the concept of "just let them attack without repercussions or they'll just be defenders forever." That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works. If you kick the hornet's nest, don't complain about being stung.

edited November 2016
    Man, it's like you totally skimmed over the "I agree that there should be blows hit and received over this". Something something reading comprehension.

I don't understand how someone can tell me to not be intellectually dishonest and in the same breath tell me I'm "desperate to score points". Your ad hominem is showing.

• Dylara said:
    So for future reference where should I voice my dissatisfaction thesee days? 
    An OOC clan where I can't bitch about it obviously :D

Yeah but do you really want me to mock you for the attitude of "It's fine, no one died."

Because no players get killed when forests are set on fire, elders are chopped, guards get raised offpeak, org mobs are killed off peak, godrealms are raided offpeak and people get debated while influencing.

And they're all perfectly good reasons to smack someone back.

• I just don't believe that Rage covens are in the same league as all those things you described. At all. But you do you.

Maligorn said:
    Dylara said:
    An OOC clan where I can't bitch about it obviously :D
    What?

Sorry, but should be everybodies right to voice their dissatisfaction here. I also get the need for someone to comment on it, I also felt because I surely can understand why dylara is bummed, but I seriously regret saying anything else. Look at where we've gotten and how quickly we've gotten, does it need to be that way? Glom will do what it think it's neccessary and Serenwilde will probably respond as they see neccesary. If any further discussion is to be had on that specific incident, I think it should be because Dylara would wish to express something. This current discussion is just the good old trading of blows as we've seen lots on here. Let's go back to being civil ooc, please?
  • edited November 2016
    Dylara said:
    Yell into a pillow?

Edit: Whining on the forums about every little thing is annoying.  You didn't even die. Who cares?

Edit2: Smack people back. That's cool with me! :D  Just tired of people complaining always.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
This discussion has been closed.