Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Falmiis said:
    Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:
    Silvanus said:

Nikka can now attack/kill Yarith in any enemy territory without Yarith being able to touch Nikka back. That is worth the minimal amount of exp loss to me (though I would be frustrated to lose tattooing time).
    I wouldn't do this btw. It'll just clear suspect and open you up for a second attack before the 30 days are up.
    No, it shouldn't. As long you do not auto-declare, if Yarith is in Magnagora and enemied, Nikka will be able to attack without fear of retribution. If you are in enemy territory and YOU get attacked, you have auto-declared the attacker.
    Oh missed the enemy territory part. Fair enough then.
    People have raided enemy territories to get suspect to drop before.  Enemy territory isn't the answer here, at least not player-org-enemy-territory.  Murder someone, raid to get suspect to drop (but since you auto-declared them, you can't kill them again or you just re-get the suspect).
  • @Falmiis. I am totally a bad ass griefer. Yup. B-b-b-bad to the bone. Watch out Seren I might come over and lovetap your ladies again tonight!

There are very few players that promote healthy conflict. And that is what we should be working towards. This back and forth of crying over who did the biggest baddest crap and why it is all justified is such a waste of energy.

Also, @Othero, half the damned combatants we have don't like dying. If you are someone who doesn't enjoy the art of combat, you still belong here. The notion that this game was designed around combat therefore if you don't enjoy it you don't belong here is like telling someone if you don't like an aspect of a country to go home/move somewhere else. It is freaking ignorant and ignores the fact that there is a very real problem in the game's social dynamics. 
    I think maybe you should reread what he posted.  :|
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • Which one? Because Othero said, "If you don't like being killed you're in the wrong game." which I strongly disagree with. We have quite a few people who don't like being killed.

And if you are referring to Falmiis, well all I can do is laugh. I joined Avu a few times but stopped because I didn't think it was good for his mental health for me to support his rampage. Which I stated quite a few times to him in person and others. Which sucked for me because I freaking loved combat at the time. Maybe the sarcasm was lost?
  • His point was that death is an unavoidable reality in Lusternia, and if you can't come to terms with that, you don't understand the game and you'd probably be happier elsewhere. 

Not...."The notion that this game was designed around combat therefore if you don't enjoy it you don't belong here." He's not telling people to leave, he's telling people to accept reality.
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • I guess I interpreted his words differently. And it wouldn't be the first time that was either insinuated or outright stated. I agree to a point, you have to accept it is going to happen. But you don't have to accept people being twatmuffins. That is the difference.
  • Delete monks plzthanx
  • edited December 2016
    Falmiis said:
    So when is Glomdoring going to publically distance themselves from the actions of Veyils? She has ganked novices/non-coms/people with absolute 0 interest in being involved in the conflict. She has chopped elders. She is essentially a griefer, just like Yarith.

The difference? When Yarith does it suddenly the whole of Hallifax should be ashamed of themselves for not sacrificing him to the gods of all that is fair, Karlach and Xenthos, but when Veyils does it? No big deal. We might even possibly try to defend her actions and say it's not griefing.
    I think one of the reasons why is that I've not done most of the things your accusing me off.  I literally don't attack people who haven't attacked me first. You can even go and read some quite nice role play logs posted by Serens where I go and speak with them first or combat logs where I go and they attack me first.

It's a bit different to Yarith jumping someone who hadn't been involved in any combat before or a level 50 glom sitting around the forest.
  • edited December 2016
    Oh also as a side note we have three pages+ of people defending Yarith, again a person who is a self proclaimed griefer who literally has threatened to grief people oocly.

And what how many defending other people who don't do a quarter of what he does? None.

So well that's a lot of public defense and support for someone who happily says they grief anyone they can. 

So either stop depending the griefing or admit your fine with him being a self proclaimed griefer. You can't have it both ways.
  • I'm not a self proclaimed griefer, and I don't exactly go out of my way to grief people. I accept that people call me one but I don't consider what I do griefing. 
    A quarter of what I do? All the stuff I do is on the forums. If you haven't noticed it's been on the past few pages. 

I haven't done anything nobody else has done. Anyway. I'm pretty bored of being the subject of tweets. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    Also, you can call this out of place all you want but I don't think anybody in the game has contacted Yarith or anyone in Hallifax regarding his actions :S? That might be a good place to start rather than the forums.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Oh well by self proclaimed griefer I was referring to when you said things like "I grief everyone" or when you said in ooc channels that you wanted to grief people.
  • I also said I'd like to be an illuminati, kill maeve, go Celestine, bake a cake, and draw a picture on OOC channels. :( Those things are important too. 
    Besides. No point fighting against the label, even if I don't consider it myself. Let's move onto more exciting topics pls.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    Sure, sorry I thought it was a title you wanted to have from some of our ooc chats, I thought it was just something you liked the way you kept calling yourself that. 
  • Can we talk about how much of a griefer Dylara is?
  • Arix said:
    Can we talk about how much of a griefer Dylara is?
    Huh?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Arix said:
    Can we talk about how much of a griefer Dylara is?
    Huh?
    I thought you said I was a mini you? :dizzy:
  • :s why was I brought up? And I'm a menace, gosh. I mostly menace my traps at this point. I think I've entered combat like once in the past few months? Maybe time to retire.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm...just...what. Why are you claiming I haven't tried talking to you in game before? I have. Your character just flat out denies everything, and refuses to engage in an actual conversation.

• Dylara said:
    :s why was I brought up? And I'm a menace, gosh. I mostly menace my traps at this point. I think I've entered combat like once in the past few months? Maybe time to retire.
    Mad about having to defend, considering retiring now that you get no combat. Me be confused.

I can give you some PK if you're looking for it!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • @Qistrel it's the typical behavior of the griefer.

Similarly, the "oh when I do it it's griefing?" arguments are pretty much the same thing as well. Along with the complaints that "this is a pk game you should expect to die".
  • They're all tru tho

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Saran said:
    @Qistrel it's the typical behavior of the griefer.

Similarly, the "oh when I do it it's griefing?" arguments are pretty much the same thing as well. Along with the complaints that "this is a pk game you should expect to die".
    So do you want a glorified chatroom? Lusternia might slough off a lot of code if it removed all the offensive skills that only work on other players. Maybe less lag that way.

Seriously though, who are you again? I've never seen you defend...or domoth...or fight...or debate...or go to village revolts. How can you take such a holier-than-thou stance? Do you even know what's going on? Baffling. Literally unreal.

EDIT: Dastardly tweets. You aren't sucking me back in!

• edited December 2016
    Ciaran said:
    Dylara said:
    :s why was I brought up? And I'm a menace, gosh. I mostly menace my traps at this point. I think I've entered combat like once in the past few months? Maybe time to retire.
    Mad about having to defend, considering retiring now that you get no combat. Me be confused.

I can give you some PK if you're looking for it!
    I meant retire from combat. I do forget retirement is a thing.

Edit not worth it

• Maligorn said:
    Saran said:

So do you want a glorified chatroom? Lusternia might slough off a lot of code if it removed all the offensive skills that only work on other players. Maybe less lag that way.

Seriously though, who are you again? I've never seen you defend...or domoth...or fight...or debate...or go to village revolts. How can you take such a holier-than-thou stance? Do you even know what's going on? Baffling. Literally unreal.

EDIT: Dastardly tweets. You aren't sucking me back in!
    Refer back to falmiis's quote.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yarith said:
    I'm not a self proclaimed griefer, and I don't exactly go out of my way to grief people. I accept that people call me one but I don't consider what I do griefing. 
    A quarter of what I do? All the stuff I do is on the forums. If you haven't noticed it's been on the past few pages. 

I haven't done anything nobody else has done. Anyway. I'm pretty bored of being the subject of tweets. 
    Er.  Didn't you post "I do what I want" just a few days back?
  • edited December 2016
    Yarith said:
    They're all tru tho
    Given how vocal Qistrel has been about her recent issues with things in game, I find it unlikely that she would lie about talking to you. Similarly, I find it unlikely that someone who frequent tweets wouldn't be aware of the situation regardless.

Maligorn said:
    Saran said:

Seriously though, who are you again? I've never seen you defend...or domoth...or fight...or debate...or go to village revolts. How can you take such a holier-than-thou stance? Do you even know what's going on? Baffling.
    No, however, there are many players who appear to enjoy fulfilling play in this game through mechanics the admin have provided such as crafting and the like, these players bolster the numbers of organisations slightly and we need numbers.

Also, if you would like to argue that I only have limited knowledge of the situation, then even with my limited knowledge I was aware that Qistrel wasn't having a good time with conflict mechanics recently, as such the choice to attack her can be expected to have been made knowing full well what it would mean, given you place yourself as far more informed than I am.

Indeed, I am unable to participate in conflict mechanics. Most active Serens would be aware that due to rl limitations I am currently stuck using nexus and don't have the energy to personally develop a full curing system that would enable me to fully participate in such mechanics. Though even still, when I am around for them I do participate in villages as I am able to. When I am able to use mudlet then I am happy to defend or participate domoths.

Ultimately, if you weren't so upset and desperate to defend hallifax you would take a breath and think back to previous examples, Fralunah could be an example perhaps, there are some common behaviors between various accused griefers. There's claims of ignorance, some victim-playing, then anger and attacking. And when we are talking about actions that are getting to this level, this is when the argument that we should all expect to die no matter where they are start to be raised. 

It makes everything look much more like griefing because of the similarities link it to previous forum arguments.

If it helps, my intended tone in this post is like neutral/bored/seen this so many times before it's just that it's hallifax this time.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Man. If you're really comparing Yarith to Fralunah, or think that they fall into the same category, then there's nothing worth saying to you/you're making my argument for me. Which is good, because I can't have an aneurysm on the forums twice in a 24-hour span. \o/

edit: Falmiis's quote doesn't really fall into the parameters here; Saran isn't claiming to be hurt and I'm not dismissing those hurt feelings, so kudos to Veyils for missing the point again. Also, "seen it before so many times, it's just hallifax this time" -- your false equivalence argument is bad and you should feel bad.

• Also dismissing Saran because they don't domoth, revolt, etc. Stay classy guys :dizzy:
  • edited December 2016
    I suppose we can turn off pk and remove any form of conflict if that's what is required. I wonder if that's going to make the game fill up.
    No, I wasn't aware of Nikka's comment, I skim through the forums and only really read the bigger conversations. I assure you, Nikkakorra hasn't said anything to me since returning aside from after I killed her. Regardless, I don't need to defend my actions :?

(Insert generic argument about Twytch 'griefing' in gaudi vs in Halli, or about random people who ruin things like the cay quest for fun or keep Lanikai dead/other mechanics which are acceptable 'griefing', or how it's only a problem if they're on the forums and can be attacked/called out on this medium /Let's move on already pls.)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.