Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2015
    Azula said:

You will also always, almost lack 1 "turn" token, and need to sacrifice extra tokens to get this. It almost always turns up.

Except not. I've lost count of the times I've planned out a course and recycled every token that I didn't need only to fail to get enough turning tokens. And then waited around for the critters to respawn to get enough additional tokens etc.etc.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    Azula said:

You will also always, almost lack 1 "turn" token, and need to sacrifice extra tokens to get this. It almost always turns up.

Except not. I've lost count of the times I've planned out a course and recycled every token that I didn't need only to fail to get enough turning tokens. And then waited around for the critters to respawn to get enough additional tokens etc.etc.
    Once upon a time, it would regularly reset either while moving, or while waiting for a reset.  There was a specific trigger event (I don't remember what) which could lead to it resetting multiple times in a single hour's window-- sometimes it would reset 5 minutes after it had just reset!

That one also got fixed.  Ugh, it was horrid.
  • edited December 2015
    That gif worries me..

Also a belt buckle as a random pin-on accessory...hmm
  • Eh, it's works, though she really needs an armband or some thing for her upper left arm IMO.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    Azula said:

Tip: You can use an abundance of turn-the-other-way tokens instead, to shore up a lack of turn-the-right-way tokens.  I did slightly misremember, as Ixion said, as long as you do all the turning FIRST (before you start moving) then you can split it amongst multiple attempts to get to the same oasis.  Just no turning in mid-stream.  I suspect it uses the speeder's final direction when it comes to a rest to determine which way it went, vs. what direction it was when the turn itself finished.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yep. This time things went well, but right before I was ready to pull the lever for the last oasis, all the tokens vanished (including the ones in the machine), though it had been less than 10 minutes since I got them. Cool. 

Mfw faethorn
  • Arcanis said:
    Nerf aeon, and watch the tarot PKers scatter.
    Without Aeon, what do Moondancers have?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Chirbo said:

Mfw faethorn
    I feel for you.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Riluna said:
    Arcanis said:

I personally dont believe in the idea that removing or changing an effect will destroy a class. Changes, adjustments and additions can always be made alongside. If that wasnt the case, then most classes would be destroyed with overhaul.
  • Arcanis said:
    Riluna said:
    Arcanis said:

I personally dont believe in the idea that removing or changing an effect will destroy a class. Changes, adjustments and additions can always be made alongside. If that wasnt the case, then most classes would be destroyed with overhaul.

That's hypothetical. General. 

I'm trying to be specific, for curiosity's sake (I left that guild a long time ago now). I know very few classes, and I'm curious if anybody can tell me what that guild even has outside of aeon.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Arcanis said:
    Riluna said:
    Arcanis said:

That's hypothetical. General. 

I'm trying to be specific, for curiosity's sake (I left that guild a long time ago now). I know very few classes, and I'm curious if anybody can tell me what that guild even has outside of aeon.

In truth, Succumb is a great ability, and one I wish Nihilist had. It provides a great form of mana-pressure, if used correctly.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I hear Toadcurse is good.

• It follows succumb, too. My curiosity stems from my struggles, not that I'm remotely good at this, to even stick succumb out of anything less powerful than sleep, or running around with powerful friends.

Squishing toads is definitely nice, when those friends don't steal it. :)

But thanks. They do have shinies.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    I set fire to Etherseren ( I just wanted to do it once ). The fae set fire to Gaudiguch, etherglom and Faethorn. It's made clear it's an event and I didn't do anything to the latter three.

Message #3286 sent by (system) (received: 2015/12/08 05:14:36) Salome has declared you a formal enemy of the Great Forest of Glomdoring for this reason: 'You understand.'.

Really not interested in your bullshit, Glom. This is why I left. I don't want to play politics with you. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2015
    Hehe. It's not Gloms fault. It's actually a very good reason (probably one of the objectively best reasons) to be enemied by any of the forests. I understand you didn't intend to do it, but RP wise, you actually did a really bad thing™ in their eyes.

That said, anyone have logs of this stuff? Being an old early-to-bed guy has made me miss too much event stuff.

Edit: Can PM to me!
  • Fae did what now?? Always knew those little bastards were crazy
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think @Celina is probably jumping the gun a bit, but when the fae themselves say 'it's only smoke, Salome, only smoke', that's pretty indictative of it not actually being something damaging. 

So, if that's the reason, (and I don't think it is, it probably has to do more with V, but I don't really know), it's not a good reason. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited December 2015
    I may be jumping the gun. I'm tweet bitching here because I really have no desire to engage on this topic ICly, because it's such a pain in the ass and I don't want to. It's been peacefully undramatic in Gaudi and I was enjoying casual murder and down time away from the drama grinder that is the Shadow Court. Not actually doing anything, then logging in to CDFs and enemy brands for something I had nothing to do with is me being dragged back into that drama grinder kicking and screaming. Gaudi can attest to this, I've had literally zero to do with Gaudi/Glom relationships since I left. It just exhausted me and I was burnt out.

The event was pretty hilarious though, the name and shame was real. Kudos to who set it off. 
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Guys, calm down, all that's going on is that the fae are so awestruck by the awesomeness of Celina, that they decided to follow her example of becoming a pyromancer.

edited December 2015
    SEE. I INSPIRE PEOPLE/FAE.

edit: That's actually what happened, more or less. The fae decided it was game and set everything on fire. Including, somewhat redundantly, the Eternal Flame. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm curious how you can disagree with me @Rivius when the supposed thing we were harming literally came out and said no harm was done. As I said, there may be (and probably is) more to it, but the fae were pretty clear that it didn't cause any harm to them, the collective of fae, or Nature. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'll just go out on a limb here and say that Faethorn and the Maeve are not under any type of threat from petty fae arson, and neither of the forests genuinely believes that to be the case. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Talan said:
    Dear Everyone,

Please post pertinent event information to your respective orgs and/or find excuses to talk about these happenings on IC org channels.

Thanking you in advance,

Oh if only this were a thing in certain orgs.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Talan said:
    Dear Everyone,

Please post pertinent event information to your respective orgs and/or find excuses to talk about these happenings on IC org channels.

Thanking you in advance,

Yep. I honestly found out about the Forests essence-hunting on an alt in a city before I found out ICly on Ssaliss. And Ssaliss is on the ruling Court clan...

• Everiine said:
    I don't understand why it's not a thing in all orgs!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited December 2015
    To be fair, I did message Steingrim and Chirbo about it. But I also needed a moment to bitch about getting enemied for "you understand."

NOPE. I DON'T.

edit: I'm over it now. I bought some stockings. All good. 
This discussion has been closed.