Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Huh, I see. Yeah in that case Quietmind isn't that strong at all. If it's gonna keep the 3/10 effect, then perhaps the weight should be dropped. It's still nice, but 35 weight... it doesn't seem as awesome as I remember it to be.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2015
    Enyalida said:
     Basically, my own IC viewpoint is that if Serenwilde's duty is to protect 'pure' nature, Maeve is not pure nature and has not been for a long time. Keeping her going etc. necessarily accepts that Glomdoring and the Wyrd are here to stay, end of story. It means that Serenwilde loses, and will always lose. It can be cool to play a character on the wrong side of history, but I personally find it hard to get motivated in that position long term. In a story that has an end, where that tension can be brought to a head and concluded, it's great. Playing a delusional character forever, not so much. 

What if Maeve, instead of dying (or whatever people are suggesting) split into two? A wyrden side and a ...whatever Seren is side (pure?). The two Maeves can co-exist and work together when they need to, but otherwise be in rotating conflict for leadership over faethorn (in the way current Maeve changes her alignment). Then Serenwilde and Glomdoring can hold hope that they can destroy the other Maeve one day and not have to accept each other that much. Far fetched?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The reason Serenwilde (or Glomdoring) can't just off the Maeve is exactly what this event is showing: without the Maeve, there is no fae; without the fae, there is no spirit in the world; without spirit in the world, the world dies. That's the only reason both sides have put up with her. We literally need her, or the world dies. That may be changing, but that's why the Maeve was created.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I smell Maeve raids, tbh. Do it!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yep. That's why it's hard to argue against the bad, evil, detestable southern forest when Serenwilde literally needs Glomdoring to continue to exist, and vicea versa. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    See, there's a difference.  We are not opposed to your very existence; we'd just like to subsume you and make you better.  The "vice versa" doesn't really apply to Glomdoring, because we believe that in the end Serenwilde will fall and all will be Wyrden anyways.  So we're happy to use you as needed, no skin off our backs.  We'll continue to exist just fine once you're all prettied up... and so will you (some version of) "Serenwilde".

Maeve bugs us because she's fickle.  Every time there's something involving her, she's got completely different instructions and views.  She's the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner.  This event has the potential to rewrite her into something that we can actually respect.  Problem (for me) is the length it's been going on though, but I think that there are OOC considerations to blame there, so I can't really fault the admin in question.
  • Insta soft-locked.

-checks hood-

Hood was down, parry was down. I'm so bad at this.

• The way things are set up right now for influencing, the only cap that matters is the /10 cap. I don't think it is even possible to overshoot a cap under 10. There are just no small buffs.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • edited December 2015
    So it's agreed, next Ascension, Kill the maeve.

(Also I would like to point out that technically, once upon a time, Glomdoring didnt in fact care much for cantering to Maeve's wishes and needs. In fact, the RP was once focused on Night wanting to take control over Maeve (I believe some mobs in Glom even still say that when greeted). During this time, fae were even killed and raised as undead-quasi things as a Glom power-quest. Naturally, people got iffy about "Why we harm nature!!!" and blah blah shit got changed. Softies)
  • Everiine said:
    The reason Serenwilde (or Glomdoring) can't just off the Maeve is exactly what this event is showing: without the Maeve, there is no fae; without the fae, there is no spirit in the world; without spirit in the world, the world dies. That's the only reason both sides have put up with her. We literally need her, or the world dies. That may be changing, but that's why the Maeve was created.

Technically, this isnt true. The Fae once existed normally before Maeve's creation. Maeve was only created as a defense mechanism for the forests against the Soulless, because the forests frankly were being suckled upon by the Soulless, and they definitely needed a defense boost. Maeve -represents- all spirits, but she is not, in fact, all the spirits.

In fact, logically speaking, it would actually make sense that there is no longer a need for the Maeve, what with the Soulless locked away.
  • She protects and guards the forestal fae, there are plenty of fae Maeve has nothing to do with. And right now she is being controlled by Laeroc anyway...isn't she? And what are his motives? Just kill and taint the all of everything! Much prettier. :P
  • A fae knight says, "Here, the Queen's words are law, and we follow her words alone. Follow them well, or your stay will be short and unpleasant."

Listen here, you aggressive little grumpypants, if you and your friends keep talking at me while I'm replanting faeleaf, I'm going to plant YOU waist deep and stick a note to your forehead that says "Leaf" in the fanciest script I am capable of writing.

I need coffee, but griping feels good sometimes. Fae knights are mean.
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • Also, a lot of fae aren't actually connected to Maeve. The ones in the Inner Sea come to mind, as well as the ones on Crumkindivia and Frosticia. Wydyr Glade, too, I think?

• Hyfae anyone?
  • And geomyci! I think they are fae, too.

• Hyfae anyone?
    those are fungi

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2015
    The Hyfae are actually mushroom-like fae, tied to the Tryko forest as other fae are tied to other forests.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tylwyth said:
    Hyfae anyone?
    those are fungi

You realize that fae are the spirits of natural things (like rivers and plants), right? That is why there are forest fae, they are the spirits of the trees and other things growing in the woods.

A fungus is a kind of plantlife, too! It would make sense for the spirits of a mushroomy forest to be like that.
  • As gnarled as it is beautiful, this tree reaches toward the heavens with limbs of raven feathers and
    moonhart leaves. Webs of shadows cling to the silver bough like freshly fallen snow, dripping to the
    ground in curtains around its base. Flowers of silver and black stretch along every limb and climb
    their way deep into the canopy, where they flesh out the green of the moonhart leaves and the black
    of the raven feathers with a war of light and dark. Amid the chaos of black and silver, a pattern of
    unity blossoms along the bark, wending its way throughout the massive tree in swirling veins. A
    pulse of energy thrums around this relic in waves, and the whispering of the fae permeates the air.
    It weighs about 650 pounds.
    The Tree of Memories is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: willow, tree.

Oh geeeee, I wonder what the underlining tone in THIS is??? The Gods cant possibly be trying to send some kind of message.

• [spoiler]
    While I want an alliance technically with Gaudiguch, it's really hard not to switch the flip concerning how bad your guys' listening skills are. Another conflict with Glomdoring, even if it is provoked/stirred up/ ect. I cannot solve the problem. After months of trying to ally with you guys, and having it being put on hold, I'm ready to move on. I want good PK, but I don't want allies who don't really understand why you can't set fire to crap after being told a bagillion times not to do it because the fae are trying to hurt themselves. I'm just ready to go straight isolationist with Glomdoring if possible. It saves me the trouble of having to flip flop around and make myself look dumb for the sake of Salome's amoral/moral ideas of playing both sides until it's necessary. I love you @Asani. Don't take the CDF personally.
    [/spoiler]

*sadface*
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Arcanis Remember the Giving Tree?

• Qistrel said:
    Arcanis Remember the Giving Tree?
    The jesus tree? of course.
  • Salome said:
    [spoiler]
    While I want an alliance technically with Gaudiguch, it's really hard not to switch the flip concerning how bad your guys' listening skills are. Another conflict with Glomdoring, even if it is provoked/stirred up/ ect. I cannot solve the problem. After months of trying to ally with you guys, and having it being put on hold, I'm ready to move on. I want good PK, but I don't want allies who don't really understand why you can't set fire to crap after being told a bagillion times not to do it because the fae are trying to hurt themselves. I'm just ready to go straight isolationist with Glomdoring if possible. It saves me the trouble of having to flip flop around and make myself look dumb for the sake of Salome's amoral/moral ideas of playing both sides until it's necessary. I love you @Asani. Don't take the CDF personally.
    [/spoiler]

*sadface*
    You're trying to play both sides (Gaudiguch v Hallifax, Magnagora v Celest). Of course it would cause problems for you and Glomdoring. This is exactly what's been happening for the past year or so, of course, but it's only more evident now with the events occurring that lead up to Ascension.

You can't expect us not to fight Serenwilde. We fight them, they fight us, I like to think we have fun (OOCly speaking; IC, of course, it's "burn Serenwilde burn!!!"). The PK lately has been very exciting. The problem is really only with Glomdoring.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'm just attacking people who attack us while raiding, including Gloms who decide to defend Etherwilde. I feel like I am the victim here.
  • I think it's also worth noting that there may be certain members of Glomdoring that so very much want some PK but can't due to the fence-sitting of the organization. I recall @Silvanus and a couple of others joining in on Gaudiguch domoths before this event escalated, plus of course the @Asani debacle. Literally every organization was represented in that very fun fight on Faethorn, but Glomdoring mostly confined itself to its Ethereal space. Can't figure out who to hit without breaking a treaty, I dunno (not for Asani, obviously. Despite the fact she fought against us, it was nice to see someone from Glom actually having the guts to join in).

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm confused as to how this is a debacle. I see it as a valid form of RP, and I'm interested in seeing how it progresses :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If I could change one thing in Lusternia, it'd be the random failure component for the Facility quest. (Also make there be 15 slugs of each kind, because seriously. That quest is bad.)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited December 2015
    @Shuyin liar, you lot attacked me on Faethorn and hurt my feelings a whole lot. 

EDIT: used the wrong fake crying gif whoops
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.