Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    DeathAura, yes.

Enemies you kill gives you power that you can draw upon later.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • it's called destro, duh.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I was going to ask which one, but yes, they both are

Destruction (first line)
    DeathAura (second line)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Is there anything on Xieltalnara or the wiki about Deathaura? Kinda interesting as fuck and I love the flavour lines.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Unrelated: If you decide to snub someone to get the last word, then you're getting talked about in a nasally voice and being made fun of. It's the way it works.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    2016/02/07 03:40:49 - Aelidra stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a commune member.

:-O Dear, my name has no 'i' in it ;-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    2016/02/07 03:40:49 - Aelidra stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a commune member.

:-O Dear, my name has no 'i' in it ;-)
    At least she didn't spell it ayeldra.
    Or insist it was aeldia.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Awkward election ties. Never seen that happen before
  • Taking a deep breath, Vladimere closes his eyes and bows his head. There is a small shudder around 
    you, and you feel the atmosphere here suddenly lighten.

All right, what skill is this, and why does it break a meld on an elemental plane?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    1) Trueground.
    2) It doesn't break a meld, it restores natural terrain if not melded.
    It would on elemental - people can still break your melds, they just can't meld over it

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • What is it about Ascension that brings out the dirtiest tricks, the worst in people, and just generally bad sportsmanship?

It's really depressing.

• Well, if truegrounding were supposed to be able to break melds on Elemental planes, the skill should probably say so. It specifically states that it works in unmelded rooms where the environment has been changed... neither of which is applicable in a meld on the Elemental planes.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • As far as I'm concerned with how its already starting out with b.s plays, they can have ascension, as it tailored to them. Until next ascension after this!
    It's not actually trueground, they are using the force terrain move to break, but because they can't terrain it, it shows up as trueground

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited February 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Always remember that the Charites aren't out to get you. Their job is really just to try and maintain a set of standards for our designs, and they're doing this when they also have other work they should be doing. The best way to react if your design is rejected by Them is to send them a single, polite message explaining why you think your design is acceptable, preferably with citations and clear explanations. Not precedent.

@Kaalak: there have been others, but for instance, Pectus designed a white chocolate ice cream once that wasn't technically chocolate, and then sort of used that for precedent for other white chocolate stuff.
    Sup.

taste icecream
    You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a scoop of white chocolate and vanilla icecream.
    You pop a piece of the waffle cone off into you mouth, finding it both slightly sweet and mellow.
    It can be said to be filling.
    5625h, 5215m, 7830e, 10p, 22240en, 22240w Belr-
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    5625h, 5215m, 7830e, 10p, 22240en, 22240w Belrx-
    smell icecream
    You put your nose over a scoop of white chocolate and vanilla icecream and inhale.
    The smell of white chocolate, vanilla and a strange touch of coconut fills your nose.
    5625h, 5215m, 7830e, 10p, 22240en, 22240w Belrx-
    p icecream
    A large scoop of pristine vanilla icecream has been nested inside a
    crispy waffle cone. Jagged streaks of melted white chocolate marble the
    icy vanilla treat, accented by flecks of vanilla bean settled within the
    sugary goodness.

Sadly, the Charites took it away about a week or two after it was made. No blame on them. I did push my luck :3 But I have one scoop left in my shop.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    After years of having crazy damage balestone, unkillable aeon machine researchers, and unrivaled access to the games best affliction, I'm glad to see Hallifax is finally fed up with lame tactics and BS plays! I knew you'd guys would come around. So when can we expect some envoy reports?
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited February 2016
    Well that was a bit stressful to say the least. Pretty happy to have been as close as I was given everything that was happening.

Congratulations to Talan and everyone else who placed!

And thanks @Xenthos for the credits and kind words!
  • Do elaborate on what the 'crazy b.s.' plays are. I'm genuinely curious.
  • Ascension has always been about the dirty tricks, that's ascension. I even learnt this on a personal basis years ago when 10 enemies walked into my room when I was trying to 'have fun' with the death challenge, and I got slaughtered for no real reason.

This isnt a trial of "your best skills", this is a trial of "Who do I have backing me up". If you're expecting a fair deal, then you're in the wrong trials.

It is brutal. It is dirty. It is unfair. It is Ascension life.

You need to adjust to it and evolve, or drown in the flood.
  • You know what happens when you aeon someone that's already aeoned? Nothing. Having access to lots of aeon means nothing. Balestone damage is not that bad.

Unkillable researchers? That's probably something that could be looked into.

But all of that is nil because what I'm talking about amounts to pits and kicking influencing mobs.

And pot, meet hekoskeri :|

• I guess people didnt rage hard enough about the guild overhaul thing.Good thing I already gave up on mine.
  • All I'm saying is maybe Lusternia deserves to be out of the top 20. Maybe it should fail to attract new players if the final event is going to be a huge shitshow of "how can I screw over the other faction as much as possible".

Someone once said that they view the Seals as the Lusternia Olympics. That is a noble and excellent goal. But imagine if everyone (and I do mean everyone) actively hindered and cheated their way to first place. That's not entertainment. That's just bad.

• I don't know, it looks like a good idea. We have far more guilds than Achaea, and far less people than them, too. We need less guilds to fill up.
    See you in Sapience.
  • @maligorn

Good thing you can literally see the exact moment when someone cures aeon and trigger off it to aeon again if you're any kind of intelligent, considering aeon has no grace timer like blackout or stun.
  • edited February 2016
    That was pretty unenjoyable, but I guess that's Harmony.
    Sorry @Falmiis. Congratulations to the winners.

Edit: Aeon has a grace timer, it's called quicksilver. We get aeoned too.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.