The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
edited May 2016 in Common Grounds
Stop trying to start the same argument for the millionth time in the Tweets thread. If you want to complain about the latest injustice in this game where you are clearly the epitome of fair combat, do it here instead.

Comments

• Yesssssssssssss. Keep it the hell out of Tweets. (Myself included, I guess!)
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • edited May 2016
    The other side doesn't tweet how I want them to tweet, and i'm the epitome of fair tweeting.

(stupid posts like this are why problems don't get addressed. They just deflect.)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2016
    ...Except that's how you act. Repeatedly, you've demonstrated that the world apparently revolves around Cyndarin and her playtime, and everyone should just drop everything to accommodate your PK needs.

Cyndarin's not online, we shouldn't absolve m8. Or do anything at all conflict-related.

• edited May 2016
    Your illiteracy does not interest me. Avoiding me to absolve for the 8th time in a row doesn't mean the world revolves around me. The same person not absolving when I'm around despite being logged on does not mean the world revolves around me. It means I'm being avoided. It's called deductive reasoning.

Do you think people scry for no reason? Do you think they're not checking out who is around and who is not around? 

Try again. You're not smart enough to come for me.
    Lol okay. I know you're aggressive and vitriolic so that you can win arguments against people with lower constitutions (or tolerance for pure bullshit) but it won't work on me. AFAIK, there was actually a fight you were involved in where you got beaten by a first-time melder and immediately knee-jerk reaction'd an aeon report.

So we avoid you all this time, and then when you finally get the fight you've been craving, you use your envoy clout to try and push through a sizeable nerf to anybody who uses aeon, instead of envoying domoths like you said you were going to.

This is why nobody likes to play the game with you.

• edited May 2016
    Your melder can't aeon. We got beat because we were outplayed by a larger group. I came back three times anyways because why not. I don't avoid fights just because I lose them. Listen to me sometime, you might learn something.

Lol "envoy clout." I believe the first thing your envoy said in response to my report was "I'd rather just remove aeon."

I told you, you aren't smart enough to come for me. If you'd listen, we could just skip all of this.
    edited May 2016
    That's cute. More ad hominem because you can't come up with a substantial argument as to why anyone should play the game by your terms, because we all know that you're the end-all be-all of PK. Something something deflecting the argument.

• edited May 2016
    Hey, want to remind the game why you were kicked out of envoys or are you done with the "ad hominems make me cry only when I don't use them" and "vitriol gives me the sadz" routine.

I gave you substance, if you can't read it because you'd rather deflect with hypocrisy, that's your problem.

I'll wait.
  • edited May 2016
    EDIT: Nothing to see here.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
    I actually got kicked out of the envoys because I was defending Elanorwen and her decisions (from your aggression and vitriol) and went too far with an accusation that was out of line.

That doesn't excuse you from being the kind of person that shits all over everyone's opinion and tells them that it's their fault for being offended.

Again, deflecting the argument that you have some serious entitlement issues.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I will say two things.

If you Absolve/Raid/seek a fight at the same time every day and get zero resistance, you are not doing it for the combat or challenge.

And two, I disagree with the argument that everyone does it.

We in the south have often complained about off peak raids, you can go back to 2010 when I was complaining about Magnagora's statues being raided off-peak and being tuned against Magnagorans.. in Magnagora. Off peak raids continued till I left Magnagora, it is something that we have always dealt with and I have named and shamed plenty over the years. I have never heard a name of an off peak raider from Magnagora during my time there, no one can name one but they would say it happened. Some people would say Thoros, but Thoros would log on any time of the day and raid, that's the only thing he logged on for, didn't matter who or what. No one can say the same about Inagin. Or Draylor. Or Veyrzhul. Or Avurekhos.

Some of us are not too scared to take a stand on respect and politeness in a game. Some of us will not enable assholes around them, you just have to make the same commitment.

Unfortunately, 2016, still the same argument, yet never a name, but still the north attempts combat during the same time zone (Two absolves in the past week during that time!). The South's Off-Peak has stayed the same since my return in 2010, I used to log in during off peak hours because I enjoyed playing and cared.

So no, not everyone does it. Maybe that argument worked when Lusternia was more popular, but now the population is far more controlled.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, I've been trying to change the attitudes of a community since 2010, and only one side plays ball.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited May 2016
    Silvanus said:

Some of us are not too scared to take a stand on respect and politeness in a game. Some of us will not enable assholes around them, you just have to make the same commitment.

You know what? I could honestly get behind that if people were consistent about it. But they're not. When Ascensions trials roll around, it is probably the dirtiest, most merciless time of the game, especially portrayed during the Harmony challenge. All pretense of a fair and healthy environment goes out the window when TA is on the line. Is that good for the game? You can see me being a bleeding heart about it in Tweets or somewhere in the forums during the actual Ascension trials.

But you want us to play fair and nice and absolve/upgrade/do anything for you when it's convenient for you? You can't be this two-faced.

• Your melder can't aeon. We got beat because we were outplayed by a larger group. I came back three times anyways because why not. I don't avoid fights just because I lose them. Listen to me sometime, you might learn something.

Lol "envoy clout." I believe the first thing your envoy said in response to my report was "I'd rather just remove aeon."

I told you, you aren't smart enough to come for me. If you'd listen, we could just skip all of this.

Wait... what?? We had 1 more person
    You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon your face the faint traces of others in the
    surrounding area.
    Bleuu: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Falmiis: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Aeden: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Synkarin: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Asmodea: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Shango: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Diante: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Cyndarin: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Malarious: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Enadonella: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Shedrin: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Esca: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    [22:22:41.133] H:12300(100%) M:11645(98%) E:7300(100%) P:10(104) [dbkexlr][Malarious]-(-155m, 1.3%)

And then we were even.
    Falmiis has been incinerated by Drunken Master Kalas Malarious, Kitten Avenger.
    You see the death occur at base of the tower of gum. (9884)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Crumkindivia.
    Falmiis has left the area.
    [22:22:50.326] H:12300(100%) M:11638(98%) E:7300(100%) P:10(104) [dbkexlr][Malarious]-
  • edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:
    I actually got kicked out of the envoys because I was defending Elanorwen and her decisions (from your aggression and vitriol) and went too far with an accusation that was out of line.

That doesn't excuse you from being the kind of person that shits all over everyone's opinion and tells them that it's their fault for being offended.

Again, deflecting the argument that you have some serious entitlement issues.
    lololol

Okay Maligorn. If you'd like to read my responses, scroll up. (the up arrow on the right side of your screen)
    When Ascension rolls around, it is Kelly that ends up getting her Peaced removed, but Vladimere doesn't.

But I don't see why we are not capable of coming up with our own rules, since it seems like the rules aren't even remembered. I'm not even sure what is dirty about Harmony, day 1 player, never participated in it (or in Life, or Nature, or Justice, or Knowledge). 

Is it because it is a Harmony event and people are going around attacking the mob that someone is influencing?

Because that's a dick move and super effective. If we can't police ourselves, I would headline a petition to have a Basin wide Peace mandate during Harmony and allow only debates and influencing. It happens in villages, it should be Basin wide.

Any other outstanding issues?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Your melder can't aeon. We got beat because we were outplayed by a larger group. I came back three times anyways because why not. I don't avoid fights just because I lose them. Listen to me sometime, you might learn something.

You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon your face the faint traces of others in the
    surrounding area.
    [22:22:41.133] H:12300(100%) M:11645(98%) E:7300(100%) P:10(104) [dbkexlr][Malarious]-(-155m, 1.3%)

And then we were even.
    [22:22:50.326] H:12300(100%) M:11638(98%) E:7300(100%) P:10(104) [dbkexlr][Malarious]-

I showed Falmiis this last night 

The 3 fights that happened during that domoth were 3v9, 6v9 and 6v9 

If you only scented one person difference, it was because we killed people. That second fight, we killed most of you (at one point, you were the only one on the bubble) but then people came back. 

It was a larger force, each time.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Your responses are nothing more than putting me down and not addressing my point I made (that you think that PK revolves around you and we should conform to your enjoyment). But I came into this argument expecting a lot of flame and very little substance, so I'm really not surprised :)

• Demartel said:

surrounding area.

And then we were even.
    It was just me, Synkarin, and Malarious when it started. We were pushed out (I died). 

We came back into a pit/meld and we were rushed and pushed out again. Your group was larger, and your group outplayed us.

Was I unclear about something? 
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited May 2016

Synkarin said:
    Demartel said:

surrounding area.

And then we were even.

I showed Falmiis this last night The 3 fights that happened during that domoth were 3v9, 6v9 and 6v9 If you only scented one person difference, it was because we killed people. That second fight, we killed most of you (at one point, you were the only one on the bubble) but then people came back. If was a larger force, each time.
    I was the first (and only?) to die in that particular instance (mostly because I was being a newb and stood in the wrong place while messing with my scripts). I came back as soon as reincarnate let me without even bothering to def up. I didn't die after that and I'm pretty sure that was because my team was holding their own.
    No - Maligorn, she directly addressed your comment about the world not revolving around her, with actual points and reasons.

It's up to you to refute them at this point

Here's her quote 'Avoiding me to absolve for the 8th time in a row doesn't mean the world revolves around me. The same person not absolving when I'm around despite being logged on does not mean the world revolves around me. It means I'm being avoided. It's called deductive reasoning.'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2016
    blah blah blah numbers numbers numbers. Numbers are only ever relevant when you're outnumbered and everyone does it. I guess that's why it's appropriate for this thread.
    pls stop arguing about nuuumbers
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Your responses are nothing more than putting me down and not addressing my point I made (that you think that PK revolves around you and we should conform to your enjoyment). But I came into this argument expecting a lot of flame and very little substance, so I'm really not surprised :)

Your illiteracy does not interest me. Avoiding me to absolve for the 8th time in a row doesn't mean the world revolves around me. The same person not absolving when I'm around despite being logged on does not mean the world revolves around me. It means I'm being avoided. It's called deductive reasoning.
    Do you think people scry for no reason? Do you think they're not checking out who is around and who is not around? 

Try again. You're not smart enough to come for me.

https://secure.hookedonphonics.com
    And this is why nothing ever happens.

One side blames the others.

The other side says they do the same thing.

And everyone else complains about the whining.

Here's a suggestion:

Offer up solutions to the problem or GTFO.
  • We did. No alliances are changing any time soon and nor is the playerbase spreading to have equal pkers on all the time.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    (The alliances aren't the problem)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Silvanus said:

Because that's a dick move and super effective. If we can't police ourselves, I would headline a petition to have a Basin wide Peace mandate during Harmony and allow only debates and influencing. It happens in villages, it should be Basin wide.

Any other outstanding issues?
    Yes, that's precisely what I'm talking about. You can't interfere with Knowledge, Beauty or Justice because there's nothing the PK crowd can really do; Nature has killsquads in the fulcruxes (but there's other ways to get around so that's really okay).

In Life, you can literally follow a contender around and poison all their furrikin before they get their cures out.

But the fact remains that morale was so low due to the South being completely merciless that this years' Ascension, nobody showed up.

• Yarith said:
    blah blah blah numbers numbers numbers. Numbers are only ever relevant when you're outnumbered and everyone does it. I guess that's why it's appropriate for this thread.
    pls stop arguing about nuuumbers
    I guess the solution would be that no one plays unless there's equal numbers and skill between both sides. We could just all argue back and forth each fight until everyone agrees when the threshold is met. Fun!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Ok, those are terrible solutions.

Here's another one:

Be respectful of other people. Why would you demand change to suit your needs or otherwise we persist in acting like punks?

We have a solution to your problem. We stop playing. A lot of people have chosen that solution.

Now put on your thinking cap and think of other solutions to your problems.

Envoy to change Domoth and Absolve mechanics.

Offer up diplomatic solutions IG.

Grow some pants and instead of absolving, try to steal it. When the South had the advantage, we rarely absolved. 9 times out of 10, we stole it.

Envoy to change Harmony trials to be Basin wide peace.
    Because this is the first year we've done this, of course, and we always win, and never lose because of our dirty tactics.

Oh wait....

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.