The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

Comments

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I'm still sad that Shonjir, Yarith and I were scary enough to not get a fight in the only absolve I've done, when there were more than enough people to give us a good fight. But let's forget about that one as well.
  • The amount of people who you can trust with your back =/= amount of people I can trust with my back pre sure.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I never said south doesn't try without Sidd. No need to get defensive here.
  • @Synkarin

Maybe I should be more specific. I am not avoiding fights. There may be others on the North side who absolve to avoid fights, but that is the way they want to play. I do think absolve is stupid. I do think the Domoth Hub is a bad place for Absolves because it is easily fortified, 100% of the time, as compared to a random bubble some of the time. We can agree to disagree on that, but it is my opinion.

What I idslike is the hypocrisy of "everyone avoids fighting me" while doing things and avoiding fighting.  Then turning around and using whatever justification fits and saying the "other side" cannot also use that justification.

I mean, come on, she first said it was because of us starting fires, only one person did that, that I am aware of, he did it a couple times and apologised for one of them. She has been starting fires daily for a couple weeks now (almost daily at the very least) and recently has started kicking and running on ladies. Then when called out on her BS justification she tried to use my forum sarcasm comment about absolve griefing to justify her actions. Look at your own side with the same eyes you look at our side.
  • edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Demartel said:
    Actually I am almost positive that if it was not for @Synkarin (Who I actually respect even if we disagree on this subject) you would not get into much of anything that you could not cubix out of, but you keep patting yourself on the back. Someone has to.
    So you can't respond with substance, you just want to make things up. I even gave you several examples Synkarin wasn't there for. Dramube was Xenthos, me, and Salome. I was alone in Lisaera's realm. 

You're just going to change your story to try and get a rise out of me again. I get it. You don't want to be honest, you just want for us to attack one another. 

So you died in Lisaera's Relam. Big Whoop. The difference between you and me is I die raiding putting up a fight, you died raiding trying your hardest to escape.

How about the countless times I have run into you in EthSeren and you say "oh hi" and cubix out. and please don't sit there telling me how you fight in full discretionaries. Just about every time we have them up my spectacles go off with "Cyndarin ran away again with everyone else", maybe there was that "one time" you didn't and I was not there, but apparently we can't bring up "that one time" so neither can you.
    I've given you examples. I actually attacked both Thul and Asmodea until you and Faalmis showed up and then Gabriella and some other person popped up on my specs. I understand you want to dismiss it as a non issue because you want to write your own narrative, but that is not reality.

Sorry, you're a liar and I'm not going to engage further with you until you want to address the specific events rather than just make things up about me. I'll run, I don't deny that. I'll also fight you, and it's been demonstrated clearly over 10 years. I'll do it all and I've only ever asked those who want to criticize me be willing to do the same. If you want to engage with me honestly, you can address the facts I've given you.

The difference between us is I'll be honest about everything I do or don't do. You'll notice I have only given context but never denied anything I've done. You, on the hand, will outright lie about what I do do. It's petty. I do it all. Until you can have an honest conversation about that, you will continue to be a liar.
  • @Synkarin No no. Politics/domoths matter in the sense that they bring power, but in measuring the combat prowess of North vs South, they're not.

In any case, nothing in this entire seven-page thread will cause the North to change track. We're going to keep absolving when we have the best chance of succeeding. This is just the same line of thought used years ago when planning smob raids (I miss those). 
    See you in Sapience.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Okay so everyone's (literally everyone) started nitpicking about the ONE TIME something going against the narrative being portrayed has happened. The conversation is probably done.

Here are some truths:

1. One side is more experienced in combat than the other.
    2. Because of this, the other side will do what it can to secure their own victories, which include domoths.
     2a. Owning villages/bubbles/etc is not a true indicator of the current status of things, given that the rewards aren't exactly needed by any org at this point.
    3. Domothing sucks.
    4. Because domothing sucks, people will take advantage of its mechanics to basically guarantee success, which may not even involve combat
    5. As a result, the combat-experienced group are upset because they can't do combatey things.
      5a. As a sideeffect of this, the less-experienced side now have even less experience to do combatey things, having less opportunity to engage in it
    6. Because of the last point, the combatey side complains that no one fights them, and the less-combatey side complains that they just get wiped.

That's the summary of the entire argument, we can walk away now. Anything after this is basically someone from either side stating the one time the person on another side was a huge douche and a hypocrite.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Demartel said:
    ... starting fires, only one person did that, that I am aware of, he did it a couple times and apologised for one of them. ...
    As a correction, he did it, apologized for the first time, and then kept doing it for the next week or so (exact time may vary), it wasn't until Celina started doing it daily back that he stopped.  That kind of rendered his apology moot to most of us.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Twytch said:
    @Synkarin No no. Politics/domoths matter in the sense that they bring power, but in measuring the combat prowess of North vs South, they're not.

In any case, nothing in this entire seven-page thread will cause the North to change track. We're going to keep absolving when we have the best chance of succeeding. This is just the same line of thought used years ago when planning smob raids (I miss those). 
    Twytch said:
    This is hilarious. Yes, the South as all the best players. Praise be! Now we're just going to enjoy the villages, domoths, and bubbles that we have while we have them.

You're the one that brought these things into the conversation regarding 'best players' with not so subtle use of sarcasm. At least I took it for being sarcastic, so maybe something was lost in translation

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Xenthos said:
    Demartel said:
    ... starting fires, only one person did that, that I am aware of, he did it a couple times and apologised for one of them. ...
    As a correction, he did it, apologized for the first time, and then kept doing it for the next week or so (exact time may vary), it wasn't until Celina started doing it daily back that he stopped.  That kind of rendered his apology moot to most of us.

I stand corrected on the amount  of times then, he still has not done it in quite a while as he has not been playing due to personal injury, a fact well known in the community. Cyndarin included. So it does not make her justification any less BS.
  • edited March 2018
    -
  • edited May 2016
    You not liking it does not make it BS. 

Xenthos has verified it. It's literally why I will set Seren on fire. You didn't care when he did, but now you do. Lesson learned? I'm glad! We've finally arrived at some understanding.
  • edited May 2016
    Cyndarin: "If you are going to set fires I am, I am a better than you"
    Me: "Nobody has set fires in a while, try again"
    Cyndarin: "You admitted on the forums that you were griefing absolves so I am griefing ladies"
    Me: "funny, that was not your last excuse, but hey change your justification based on a sarcastic forum comment"
    Cyndarin: "Oh look Xenthos said it happened more often! Yeah, that's why I am doing it!"

And I am the dishonest one.

Oh, yeah and I never once said I cared that you were setting fires. I said that you are a hypocrite that runs to the forums to cry whenever people don't fight you, yet set fires and run... every time
    To be fair, I did acknowledge that he stopped once Celina had set Seren on fire for 3-4 days straight.  I personally was not aware of personal injuries (I do not participate in a lot of the gossipy stuff!), but I do notice when people stop complaining about daily forest fires.
  • edited May 2016
    fires != ladies

I set fires because Twytch decided to make it a habit and the North was loling it off. 

I kill you ladies because, well I've always killed ladies, but you keep absolving when we aren't around so I'm going to keep aggressively snacking on your ladies.  

#differentwordsmeandifferenthings

You are, I've literally pointed out lies and you won't even talk about it. We're different because when you call me one, I will talk about it.

Oh, I'll clarify one thing just to be entirely transparent. I do set fire to Etherseren during raids because it's damage and people die to it. 3 times last time! In full discretionaries, but Demartel doesn't want to talk about that.
  • edited May 2016
    fires != ladies

I set fires because Twytch decided to make it a habit and the North was loling it off. 

I kill you ladies because, well I've always killed ladies, but you keep absolving when we aren't around so I'm going to keep aggressively snacking on your ladies.  

#differentwordsmeandifferenthings

You are, I've literally pointed out lies and you won't even talk about it. We're different because when you call me one, I will talk about it.

[11:59:06.669] H:12300(100%) M:9800(100%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+313m, 3.2%)
    (Serenwilde): Lehki (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Hello 'Wilde."
    [12:00:58.249] H:12300(100%) M:9324(95%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-164m, 1.7%)
    (Serenwilde): Lehki (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Etherwilde is on fire."
    [12:01:04.290] H:12300(100%) M:9647(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+323m, 3.3%)
    (Serenwilde): Delei (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I'll come help."
    [12:01:18.221] H:12300(100%) M:9644(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-3m, 0.0%)
    (Serenwilde): Haghan (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "One my wayn."
    [12:01:46.655] H:12300(100%) M:9640(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+1m, 0.0%)
    (Serenwilde): Avae (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Looks like it."
    [12:02:52.064] H:12300(100%) M:9484(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-156m, 1.6%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Coming."
    [12:03:33.539] H:12300(100%) M:9475(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-9m, 0.1%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "I don' see any other fire?"
    [12:04:06.045] H:12300(100%) M:9482(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-318m, 3.2%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Did you get it all?"
    [12:04:10.761] H:12300(100%) M:9639(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+157m, 1.6%)
    (Serenwilde): Lehki (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "You are a little late, yes."
    [12:04:19.330] H:12300(100%) M:9640(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+1m, 0.0%)
    (Serenwilde): Haghan (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Seems that way."
    [12:04:20.567] H:12300(100%) M:9640(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Oops. I'm sorry, I'm slightly distracted so I wasn't paying full
    attention."
    [12:04:32.423] H:12300(100%) M:9474(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-166m, 1.7%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "At least you got it out though."
    [12:04:38.188] H:12300(100%) M:9800(100%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+326m, 3.3%)
    Your karma falls to keep up the karmic blessing of harmony.
    [12:05:29.742] H:12300(100%) M:9641(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-159m, 1.6%)
    (Serenwilde): Haghan (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Here."
    [12:06:03.974] H:12300(100%) M:9643(98%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+316m, 3.2%)
    (Serenwilde): Neshca says, "Ladies under attack."
    [12:06:15.488] H:12300(100%) M:9482(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-161m, 1.6%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Cyndarin in."
    [12:06:17.927] H:12300(100%) M:9482(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-
    (Serenwilde): Haghan (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Cydarin was in."
    [12:06:21.856] H:12300(100%) M:9800(100%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+318m, 3.2%)
    (Serenwilde): Delei (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Ugh, Cyndarin again?"
    [12:06:27.228] H:12300(100%) M:9486(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-314m, 3.2%)
    (Serenwilde): Avae (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Out."
    [12:06:53.553] H:12300(100%) M:9800(100%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+314m, 3.2%)

#Everyoneavoidsfightingme

edit:: Also, as is apparent from Xenthos' correcting my information, the North was not "lolling it off' the North did not know he was setting so many fires, but it is a good thing you are here to tell us what we know and do not know.

• edited May 2016
    Demartel said:

Riluna said:
    Everybody, everybody, in any class can escape. It's the most fundamental thing to learn about combat here

EDIT And sometimes the South doesn't let you. Believe me, I understand. But you can -always- escape, if that's actually your goal. You're not shut down, even if it feels like it sometimes.

I will use a reference from Cynadarin: "Read" I said every class has the potential, not everyone has the ability.

Also, I hope this does not come across as to insulting, but armchair quarterbacking and telling those of us actually involved in PVP how to PVP is a tad bit.. off. Unless you are running an alt, I have not seen you in any PVP since I have started playing here. So telling us how PVP was 10 years ago or how we should "try harder" when you are not even involved...
    I absolutely have alts, and you do not, and will not, know who they are. My posts in this thread are about the attitude you're expressing right now.

EDIT: You can always escape, even when you feel like you can't. It's the only thing everybody can do. You're not disabled from escaping anything because you're the wrong class. You just haven't figured out how yet. There's a difference.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Just gonna throw this out here. Go kill Aeden's mobs. Not that I've got any investment in this thread. But if you're hitting back to teach a lesson, hit the home of the guy doing it and just have a ship on hand to boogie from.
  • edited May 2016
    Yep, still haven't denied it. Set a room on fire and kicked a lady to see if there were defenders. I killed 3? Or maybe two and no one showed up so I left. I re entered 3 times or so, saw Haghan once but he left (I walked into his room). Smelled Sondayga once, but didn't move because he's not active (or so I assume).

I also melded Celestia and killed 2 angels  but no one showed up so I left there too. 

Do I need to write it in crayon for you? I do it all.

We still not talking about your lies?

Okay.

edit: Oh sorry, I did see Gabriella from the nexus so I couldn't hit her, she raised full discretionaries (invasion, wrath, etc) and I hopped out and sat at the arch to see if anyone else would come up. No one did, or at least I was at the Ether arch so I couldn't see them on WHO. Was there long enough to switch to Pyrochem and redef
    Ethereal on fire is a little different from Prime on fire-- it's a lot smaller / more contained / easier to deal with-- yes, frustrating, but not anywhere near the same headache.

Are we talking Ethereal or Prime fires here?  There's a definite difference in scale (especially in Glomdoring, when fire gets to the Spider's Larder it is grrrrrr).
  • edited May 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Ethereal on fire is a little different from Prime on fire-- it's a lot smaller / more contained / easier to deal with-- yes, frustrating, but not anywhere near the same headache.

Are we talking Ethereal or Prime fires here?  There's a definite difference in scale (especially in Glomdoring, when fire gets to the Spider's Larder it is grrrrrr).
    I do etherwilde fires for raids for the damage, so those are frequent. The fire doesn't get cray there, but the damage is nice.

I've done prime...3 times total? Maybe 4 in the past several months.

Sorry, Demartel isn't honest and doesn't like discussing the full context. I am honest though and I'll tell you about anything I do.
  • The reason I am not "defending my lies" is because I have not lied and so have nothing to defend. You can cry all you want about that.

Also, @Tarkenton made a valid point

@Xenthos there was at least one prime fire that I know of, again I don't care about the fires. They are easy enough to put out and don't cause any real damage other than a pain in the ass.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Two or three pages ago, this thread had real merit and I had the feeling it was getting somewhere and I was surprised by how polite and constructive people argued. I had hopes we'd get somewhere and get out some misconceptions and maybe actually get some place where it's more fun for both sides. Then I read the next two pages and I feel like we're back to 'same old'.

I would really like to get back to the more constructive part of this conversation, if possible?

You can't look into other people's heads. You don't know why they do or do not do things. You sure can point fingers at each other and be like 'hey, this is how you do things, it's not ok.' Sometimes, it's neccessary, but right now, it's only widening a gap that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Yes, the "North" has sometimes a problem with giving up too easily, some of us are working on that and trying to raise morale. It'll improve over time and we will learn from those situations that are actually where you can learn from. But some days, like @Demartel said a few pages back, throwing yourself against the enemy where you know there's a 95% chance to die isn't going to be what people want to do.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited May 2016
    I didn't stop setting fires because Cyndarin responded... it's because I got my wrist broken. No one has even approached me regarding them. 

Oh, I'll clarify one thing just to be entirely transparent. I do set fire to Etherseren during raids because it's damage and people die to it. 3 times last time! In full discretionaries, but Demartel doesn't want to talk about that.
    So...which is it? Dishonesty!!

P.S. To clarify: if the second statement is true, then the first is false. I am not the reason Cyndarin sets fires, it's because it's added damage.
    See you in Sapience.

• Yep, still haven't denied it. Set a room on fire and kicked a lady to see if there were defenders. I killed 3? Or maybe two and no one showed up so I left. I re entered 3 times or so, saw Haghan once but he left (I walked into his room). Smelled Sondayga once, but didn't move because he's not active (or so I assume).

I also melded Celestia and killed 2 angels  but no one showed up so I left there too. 

Do I need to write it in crayon for you? I do it all.

We still not talking about your lies?

Okay.

edit: Oh sorry, I did see Gabriella from the nexus so I couldn't hit her, she raised full discretionaries (invasion, wrath, etc) and I hopped out and sat at the arch to see if anyone else would come up. No one did, or at least I was at the Ether arch so I couldn't see them on WHO. 

Remember that one time that we said we were in Faethorn and nobody knew it (despite being scried there), oh right we don't discuss "that one time"

(Serenwilde): Avae (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Out."
    [12:06:53.553] H:12300(100%) M:9800(100%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(+314m, 3.2%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "I raised shrine effects. That's about all I can do right now."
    [12:07:09.576] H:12300(100%) M:9477(96%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-(-323m, 3.3%)
    (Serenwilde): Gabriella (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Yeah, I don't scent her in Faethorn so she's probably playing
    somewhere else now. Headed back to Prime."
    [12:09:57.977] H:12300(100%) M:9800(100%) E:8300(113%) P:10(100) [dbkexlr][]-
  • Aslo I cannot speak for events I am not present for, but hey, keep on rolling with it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne

I am honest though and I'll tell you about anything I do.
    Okay. So let's talk about the newbie you griefed on Prime because we were absolving you while you were around. What did you think that would accomplish? Was there some kind of endgame besides being a toxic player? Do you really expect anyone to engage you fairly when you behave that way?

• It might be better to take a few deep breaths.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited May 2016

Lie: Cyndarin won't engage in any fight without Synkarin and where she can cubix out.
    Truth: Cyndarin was in a 3v9 on Dramube a week or two ago without a cubix or Synkarin.

Lie: Cyndarin never fights in full discretionaries, I always see her run.
    Truth: Cyndarin was in a full discretionary fight last week (5/19 to be exact). And the week before.

Lie: Cyndarin will just run, but I fight. That's why we're different.
    Truth: Cyndarin died in the middle of the temple nowhere near the exit after attacking both Thul and Asmodea.

Should I go on? Would you like to talk about your lies yet or can we just agree we should stop lying just because we don't like a person? I disagree with you, but I'm not going to lie about you.
  • edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Aslo I cannot speak for events I am not present for, but hey, keep on rolling with it.
    You can't, which is why you should stop lying and not talk about it! I switched to Pyrochem at the arch and even put up defs while sitting there. Dunno when she popped out, but like I said, no one popped up on WHO and CLAIRSENTIENCE was static so I bailed.

I mean, do you want me to admit that I'll hit and run if the odds are too harsh? I've admitted that a few times in the past, but if it makes you stop complaining I'll do it again. I will run if I'm alone and there are too many of you. Especially if I can't meld. Again, I'm not a liar, I will not lie about my or other's behavior to make a case. If you want to know something, you literally just have to ask. :)