Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• I, Tamika Flynn, am the Vigilante who killed Ayisdra! I brained him the back of the head with a heavy library book, quite above my reading level, and then left it at the scene as a warning! This was also the reason why I put that little Yay! in my first post after killing him.

The main reason I didn't announce that was me was because a) if people didn't figure it out, I didn't want to paint a Mafia's target on myself and b) it didn't seem to be much of an impediment to our theories, not knowing who killed Ayisdra. But yes, it was me, a Town Vigilante.
  • Sylandra said:
    Wait, Falmiis typed "Lynch Sylandra" not "Vote Sylandra." @Ieptix is this a power?

Negative.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Oh, I meant to do Vote Sylandra
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Okay, that's the realistic alternative I was thinking it could be. Sylandra's list just seemed like she had no information on you though which doubled up my confusion as to whether that was the case she was also implying.

So now, where did hatchet killer party strike night 2?

(and derp, I was way too paranoid. Sorry Silvanus/Kiradawea/Cen)

I'll Unvote.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Melali said:
    I, Tamika Flynn, am the Vigilante who killed Ayisdra! I brained him the back of the head with a heavy library book, quite above my reading level, and then left it at the scene as a warning! This was also the reason why I put that little Yay! in my first post after killing him.

The main reason I didn't announce that was me was because a) if people didn't figure it out, I didn't want to paint a Mafia's target on myself and b) it didn't seem to be much of an impediment to our theories, not knowing who killed Ayisdra. But yes, it was me, a Town Vigilante.

The Silmarillion made me think perhaps it was you, O great survivor of the Summer Reading program! I buy this claim completely.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • At this point I cant really decide on who to lynch.
  • Rolsand said:
    At this point I cant really decide on who to lynch.
    At this point you need to claim.
  • As in role right.
    Rolsand said:
    As in role right.

Yes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    @Ushaara, re hatchet: Given Cyna's claim it's very possible to me that she was targeted by the SK, and thus her 50/50 power took effect, saving her. But that's just one supposition based on what's currently on the table.
    Daraius said:
  • Sorry for taking a lot of time I had to quickly take a look at the soccer game

Im currently playing as Steve Carlsberg but  dont really have any current power so I'm basically just a regular town.
  • errrr
  • oops didnt mean to type that
    Steve Carlsburg?! Omg. Cecil HATES Carlsburg. I am so glad that role is in game in some way.
    Daraius said:
  • This post is the summation of my current feelings/findings:

Role Claims
    Melali = Tamika Flynn
    Sylandra = Glow Cloud
    Ushaara = Faceless Old Woman
    Silvanus = Hiram McDaniels
    Cen = Apache Tracker
    Ssaliss = Sheriff
    Falmiis = Serenwilde
    Kiradawea = Hallifax
    Krackenor = Magnagora
    Cyna = Man with Tan Briefcase
    Ellowyn = ???? (Lusternian?)
    Rolsand = Steve Carlsburg

Conclusions:
    1) Sylandra is NOT Mafia, and likely Town.
    2) Ushaara is NOT Mafia, and likely Town.
    3) Krackenor is NOT Mafia, and more likely Town than 3rd Party
    4) Silvanus is likely not Mafia, and likely Town.
    5) Cen is likely not Mafia, and likely Town.
    6) Ssaliss is likely not Mafia.

Reasonings:
    1) Sylandra has not been acting like Mafia. If I were her, with her partial Lynch/Bulletproof Vest and Mafia, then I would not draw any attention whatsoever to myself. Simply by conserving her power, staying quiet, and letting bullets bounce off her AND ending lynches AND redirecting suspicious pepole, she could probably survive until the end. After all, there are more townish roles that can survive bullets/lynches, and having people waste their kills is a good strategy for Mafia/3rd Party.
    2) Ushaara was targeted by Ayisdra to die, a claim that we'll easily see tonight, hopefully. More importantly, there is no reason for Ushaara to think that we would not see the results of the poison tonight, so no reason for him to claim that while thinking he could get away with it. Faceless Old Woman and Watcher are both pretty Townish roles/powers.
    3) I already posted an entire post about Krackenor and how his plays haven't been aligned with Mafia or 3rd party. If you want, I can quote it, but I'll just leave it off for now.
    4) Silvanus's role is one that is Town, and his powers must corroborate with his role. Since no one else counterclaimed that role, I feel that his role and power claims are legit, and those make him Town.
    5) We know for sure that there is a Tracker, from Ileein's role reveal. Thus, the existence of the Apache Tracker is also really likely, and since nobody is counterclaiming against Cen for the Apache Tracker, I trust that he is what role he says he is. In that case, the Apache Tracker is most likely Town, which is also combined with Ileein's role. Because Ileein's message power would see as meeting with Cecil, it's a way for the Tracker to determine that that person is Town, which is only useful for Town.
    6) Ssaliss was pointed at suspiciously by Ayisdra, plus he's been painting himself as the Sheriff, which nobody has counterclaimed. This reasoning is weak, and he's still suspicious, but I'll assume that he's not Mafia at the moment.

Suspicions:
    Ellowyn has been resistant to role-claiming, as well as really insistent on killing Krackenor.
    Rolsand has been also resistent to role-claiming, and hasn't contributed anything to discussions. He seems to be looking for excuses to not say anything. Additionally, his claim of Steve Carlsburg as well as not having any power would make him the first Vanilla Townie so far, as well as it conflicts with the Night Vale wiki Characters page. According to that, Steve Carlsburg can see "glowing arrows in the sky, dotted lines and circles" that explain to him how everything is connected. That surely would translate into some Mafia power.
    Cyna's claimed role, while Town, is also unprovable. The only way we could would be for someone to try and kill her.
    Kiradawea and Falmiis are both suspicious, Kiradawea more than Falmiis, because she has more negatively impacted the Town. However, they cannot both be Mafia.

Proposal:
    I think that we can afford to wait for the results of Silvanus's Investigation. Optimally, I think we should have Krackenor Revive Silvanus, Ushaara Watch Silvanus, Cen Track Falmiis, and Falmiis Block Kiradawea. 
    The Krackenor-Ushaara-Silvanus formation has 4 possible outcomes: 
    1) Mafia kills Silvanus, Ushaara sees Mafia, Lynch Mafia. Lynch Kiradawea (Lose 1 Jack of All Trades, Gain 1 Dead Mafia, probably Gain 1 More Dead Mafia)
    2) Mafia kills Ushaara, Silvanus reveals Investigation on Kiradawea. (Lose 1 Watcher, Gain 1 Dead Mafia/Assured Town, Gain Bulletproof Vest for Silvanus)
    3) Mafia kills Krackenor, Silvanus reveals Investigation on Kiradawea (Lose 1 Reviver, Gain 1 Dead Mafia/Assured Town, Gain Cult-free, Gain Bulletproof Vest for Silvanus)
    4) Mafia kills someone else, Silvanus reveals Investigation on Kiradawea (Lose 1 Town, Gain 1 Dead Mafia/Assured Town, Gain Bulletproof Vest for Silvanus)
    The Cen-Falmiis-Kiradawea formation has 2 possibilities.
    1) Falmiis chooses not to block Kiradawea, Cen Tracks this, Lynch Falmiis, Kiradawea is not Mafia.
    2) Falmiis chooses to block Kiradawea, Cen Tracks this, No Aeon.
    3) Mafia kills Cen, Falmiis claims to block Kiradawea, Kiradawea confirms, No Aeon.
    4) Mafia kills Cen, Falmiis claims to block Kiradawea, Kiradawea denies, Lynch Falmiis. Kiradawea is not Mafia.
    To determine whether or not Falmiis or Kiradawea is anti-Town, we just need to give them a Town Order and have Cen watch for the result. This formation has the benefit of making sure that Kiradawea doesn't Aeon anyone in the Krackenor-Ushaara-Silvanus formation, messing that up.

• Heh there's a real soccer game going on its not really a excuse and whenever I say anything its nothing to important.
  • Oh, just to be clear. I still think we should lynch someone today, just not Krackenor, Ushaara, Silvanus, Cen, Falmiis, Kiradawea, Sylandra, Ssaliss, or myself. So, I feel we should look towards Cyna, Rolsand, or Ellowyn.
  • *shrug*
  • I hate talking in general.
  • Cyna is also new to the game while Ellowyn is probably busy doing something in rl.
    I'll buy what Melali is selling, though I am more than a bit sad at the prospect of no Lusternian flip today.
    Daraius said:
    As a show of goodwill, Unvote.
    Daraius said:
    Rolsand said:
    I hate talking in general.

Then why are you playing? This is a game where you do nothing but talk!
    Daraius said:
  • I'll say it again. Sylandra is playing the lot of you.
  • Also Rolsand is making a very good case to lynch him, regardless of his actual alignment. That said, I'm not buying that he's just a vanilla townie.
  • Also I don't read each and every post so I might have not notice your request of my role.
  • Siiiiigh.

Unvote

Vote Rolsand
    Rolsand said:
    Also I don't read each and every post so I might have not notice your request of my role.

That is a terrible idea. If you play mafia you absolutely must read everything, or you risk missing important information.
    Falmiis said:
    I'll say it again. Sylandra is playing the lot of you.

Your faith in my trolling abilities really warms the cockles of my non-existent, Glow Cloud void of a heart.
    Daraius said:
  • Oh well