Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• So quick to judge
  • just a few mintutes or even a hour ago you had your vote on Sylandra 
  • Okay.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Options for the missing hatchet party?

1) Falmiis may be on to something since we know for sure Sylandra was blocked.

2) They picked Cyna and failed. I'd assume Cyna would have received a message if this was the case though.

3) They targeted Ssaliss and failed for the same reason my watch attempt of Ssaliss failed. He's safe up in the clouds. Uncertain on if he would receive notification.

4) They picked Ayisdra who was already killed by Melali. Would this have been reflected in the day-reveal post?

5) Hatchet party includes Krackenor and rather than kill converted me with a lich seed. While I am saying I find this highly unlikely, it's true that it's something the rest of you have to consider. It's a strange motivation though I think, when they can obviously just kill someone.

6) Rolsand is the hatchet party and is doing what he said he'd do. ie. Sitting back, and let us whittle each other down ourselves. (though he's doing a terrible job at lying low, ha)

7) They targeted someone who's NK-immune but who can't reveal such without drawing attention to themselves. Only real candidate left for this is Ellowyn?

Any other theories?

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Can't help but feel like voting Rolsand is a trap. But ugh I really want to. He's either playing bad town and wasting today's lynch, or he has no idea how to play mafia or SK. It just seems like picking the low hanging fruit, but... Screw it. Vote Rolsand. Maybe pressure will be effective.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm so confused.
  • Half of you guys have said that my posts are useless and worthless and at the same time you expect me to say something useful.
  • Oh well at this point I'm gonna be out.
  • Rolsand said:
    I'm so confused.

Let me break it down: you don't participate, you rarely speak, you never offer theories, you never explain your actions, never provide anything constructive, and just admitted that you don't even read the posts. Why are you playing?
  • Wait! Let's figure out what to do if Rolsand is Mafia? Does that mean Ellowyn and Cyna are Mafia as well? Does he have any connections to others? If he is Town, what does that mean?
  • If he's mafia, great. If not, he's not doing town any good anyway
    If he's town? It means that Rolsand doesn't play to win. And that he's actively played against town's interests by being evasive, lurky, and defensive. It also means we wasted a lynch, which would suck.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You have to include that Stlandra or myself are the hatchet killer, since we are both blocked.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    And one point for @Melali that may change up your plan of action.

When I made the point of saying to think who would have benefited the most from a tracking of Carlos, I landed on the complete opposite conclusion. In my eyes, it would have benefited mafia the most knowing who the person giving the investigative results to Cecil was. Town don't need to learn who is passing the messages ever, since the reveal in a read-out tweet would have been a perfect way for them to get information to act on without any need for the investigator to ever reveal themselves.

Thus while your reveal completely exonerates Silvanus, since I'm still in paranoid mode, it doesn't quite clear Cen/Kiradawea for me.

As I said, the people Cen claims to have tracked are (conveniently?) the same people Kiradawea blocked and so he can't be caught out with a claim of tracking someone who did have a night action. While the alternative Cen posited, i.e. Leann as hatchet killer is still a valid alternate theory, if everyone is as they claim, it leaves Ellowyn as Leann?

With Silvanus revealing he had an investigative power, Kira's role-delay on him ensured that we don't learn the result until the following night and they have more time for mayhem.

Anyway, as has been evident, I can draw spectacular conclusions from nothing, so it could be nothing and I'm way too paranoid, but since I don't expect to survive this next night I'll just leave it out there. If we've no Leann in the game, I'm looking at Cen for hatchet killer!
    Silvanus said:
    You have to include that Stlandra or myself are the hatchet killer, since we are both blocked.
    Did have Sylandra as option 1, but you're right about yourself, so for completeness

Option 8) Silvanus as hatchet party, since he was blocked by Kiradawea.
  • I'm currently having a bit of a mental breakdown. I don't want to say I'm leaving especially considering the quagmire of difficulties I'd leave a potential intern to work through, but this may last a day or it may last a week. But I'll at least be scarce until Sunday. I'm sorry.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Good morning!

I feel that everyone has pretty much role revealed now, so I will too.  Once you understand my role, hopefully you'll also understand the reasoning behind not wanting to reveal early.

I'm Siobhan Azdak and I'm a theatre writer who has the power to switch any two characters at night.  I love being a transporter in Town of Salem (that's what I liken it to, anyway), as I potentially have the power to save myself, make mafia kill mafia, etc.

First night I switched Cen and Synkarin (just randomly, I didn't know anything about anyone at that point) and Synkarin died (sorry Synkarin).  So Cen, safe to say that you were the target that night.

Second night I switched Kira and Rolsand.  Reasoning for this was I thought Kira was getting a lot of heat, and that if it was mafia putting the heat on her they would certainly come for her - that way if Rolsand died (which to me wasn't really much of a loss, sorry Rolsand) then I would know.  I kind of regret this, though, as I now doubt mafia would lynch her because town would probably do it themselves.

Silvanus - this also means that you investigated Rolsand last night.  Which is why I didn't want Kira to die today, because I thought that if she did, the investigation would fall flat and I wanted to know Rolsand's role.

Tonight, if I lived, I was going to switch me with someone.  I still won't say, because I don't want mafia/hatchet killer to target the other person in the hopes of killing me.  There's potentially what, 4 mafia left (if it's like ToS) and one SK, so I'm hoping to switch myself with one of those people.
    Ohhh, so that's why Kira thought there was a bus driver! Interestinggggg.

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe lynching Rolsand isn't so desperate after all. If his target was Kira, but then was targeting himself due to the bus driver shtick (not too far-fetched, considering she gave him heat about his past-vig status), I suspect he wouldn't have died.

And Carlsberg happens to be a conspiracy theorist, so him being SK isn't too much of a stretch. Hm hm hm!
    Daraius said:
  • Nobody has said that they've received any messages saying they've been switched though, so I assumed she was guessing.  Cen, Rolsand, Kira, can you confirm if you've received any notifications?
  • No I didn't get a messaged about being switched.
  • Sylandra said:
    Ohhh, so that's why Kira thought there was a bus driver! Interestinggggg.

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe lynching Rolsand isn't so desperate after all. If his target was Kira, but then was targeting himself due to the bus driver shtick (not too far-fetched, considering she gave him heat about his past-vig status), I suspect he wouldn't have died.

And Carlsberg happens to be a conspiracy theorist, so him being SK isn't too much of a stretch. Hm hm hm!
    I never thought of that, and again I find myself nodding along.

You make sense but I'm still scared of you at the same time.
  • Message rather
  • That's really odd. Why does Ellowyn's power leave no trace for those that are switched? @Cen @Kiradawea , did either of you see any sign of being switched?
    Kira mentioned earlier it's up to the mod. Sometimes it's invisible.

Does make me wonder if she was a mafia who knew about the Synkarin/Cen switcheroo.
    Daraius said:
  • Hmmmm. Well, if Ellowyn is telling the truth, that does further confirm that Cen isn't Mafia. I also think your theory about Rolsand being the Serial Killer and targeting himself via Kira may have merit.

So, this is what happened last night:
    Melali killed Ayisha as Vigilante.
    Ayisdra Poisoned Ushaara.
    Krackenor Seeded Ushaara.
    Ushaara Watched Falmiis do nothing. (?)
    Falmiis's Block of Sylandra went through.
    Sylandra tried Mind Control, but was Blocked.
    Kiradawea Delayed Silvanus.
    Silvanus Investigated Kiradawea, but was Delayed.
    Cen Tracked Silvanus doing nothing.
    Ellowyn Switched Rolsand and Kiradawea. (?)
    Cyna did nothing. (?)
    Rolsand did nothing. (?)

If Rolsand is the Serial Killer, that would explain a) why he's so quiet, b) why his "role" has no powers, and c) why there was no Serial Killer kill last night. He is looking mighty suspicious. I also don't think that Cyna is being entirely forthright with us about her powers, but that's okay for now. 

@Ieptix can we get a vote count?
    Daraius said:
  • I think you might be right about Rolsand, either way, I don't mind lynching him even if he isn't maf/sk.

Unvote

Vote: Rolsand