the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Othero said:

Where are the rest of your reports?

I've done only Vivet's, so nowhere?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• What about Luce? Alec said he was just gone, no mention of a body or what happened to him. Is he off limits for you as well?
  • Lehki said:

What about Luce? Alec said he was just gone, no mention of a body or what happened to him. Is he off limits for you as well?

I didn't even notice that, I'll ask Tremula about it when it's time. But looking at the flavour of the morning he was missing, I'm assuming he's off limits because no body, no autopsy.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Also quick question for @Thul
    Thul said:

So... how have I been using this power? Badly, probably. Up until Hoothoot evolved, I couldn't do this to multiple targets, so I was spam protecting myself. Noctowl can do multiple targets, which is where the screwery started. I tried to protect Portius on night 5, which is where I discovered that it doesn't just protect non-me people, but also delays their action as well. Night 6, I hit Kaimanahi, inadvertently disrupting Ssaliss's investigation, and I assume that there's nothing new to report today, he investigated Vivet, who I targeted to stop a potential kill, and for seeing what hilarious wad of actions befell the resurrected mafia godfather last night. I'm sure I'll have some hilarious info come tomorrow.

Are you saying Ssaliss tried to investigate Vivet on n7 or am misreading that?
  • vote Dylara

I don't buy it. Too convenient and the power feels really underpowered for a game where we get almost no info on roles.
  • Othero said:

vote Dylara

I don't buy it. Too convenient and the power feels really underpowered for a game where we get almost no info on roles.

I agree, it sucks. It's been pretty unexciting for me, nobody has even visited me at night so far as I know except Melali. If I go, well, at least I go knowing the pokemon I've helped will live a better life and I was true to myself.

I've literally been sitting here going "well, what can I actually do".

Real head scratcher. ~X(

That said, if you guys do decide to lynch me and I flip town, as I know I will. Remember who decided I was untrustworthy and take a very hard long look at them.

In the mean time, I still hate that Lehki is alive. I still don't trust you. You've caused too much chaos and harmed too many with your antics.

Vote: Lehki

I'll of course change my vote as necessary.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Othero said:

vote Dylara

Well, here's a question, then, if that's what you think. Why is there only an autopsy report on me? Do you think it is just random mod-flavour, and Dylara's found a way to conveniently mould it into a role, all the way down to the signature?
  • I think we should give Dylara the night. She should do her best to find someone and do an autopsy, it doesn't really matter who. Then, we'll know at least that a Coroner exists and since no one is counter claiming Coroner, we could probably trust that Dylara is telling the truth.
  • Melali said:

I think we should give Dylara the night. She should do her best to find someone and do an autopsy, it doesn't really matter who. Then, we'll know at least that a Coroner exists and since no one is counter claiming Coroner, we could probably trust that Dylara is telling the truth.

Agreed-- we have other targets of suspicion we can focus on. For example, @Allyrianne, who's been very mum. Or @Lehki can expound more on that theory he said he had.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Melali said:

I think we should give Dylara the night. She should do her best to find someone and do an autopsy, it doesn't really matter who. Then, we'll know at least that a Coroner exists and since no one is counter claiming Coroner, we could probably trust that Dylara is telling the truth.

I doubt there will be anyone other than Kaimanahi... but then again, that might not be a bad idea. Weiwae/Makaela did not come up specifically as being under alignment with Solgaleo's cult, correct? We were just told they were a tragic terrorist and the rest has been answered for by Lehki himself.

So while Kaimanahi has only come up as "witch", perhaps an autopsy could reveal an additional connection. It might be a bit of a long shot, but it is fresh and available.
  • Melali said:

State a name, I'll do it. Otherwise, I have an idea of who I will attempt.

• Dylara said:

Othero said:

vote Dylara

I agree, it sucks. It's been pretty unexciting for me, nobody has even visited me at night so far as I know except Melali. If I go, well, at least I go knowing the pokemon I've helped will live a better life and I was true to myself.

I've literally been sitting here going "well, what can I actually do".

Real head scratcher. ~X(

That said, if you guys do decide to lynch me and I flip town, as I know I will. Remember who decided I was untrustworthy and take a very hard long look at them.

In the mean time, I still hate that Lehki is alive. I still don't trust you. You've caused too much chaos and harmed too many with your antics.

Vote: Lehki

I'll of course change my vote as necessary.
    Yeah, because the watcher (or whatever. My power is really random about what I learn) who had killed and called out scum is part of the mafia.
  • I'm not sure what you're saying, I never said I was a watcher? Or am I completely misunderstanding your post? Mind clarifying?

Again, I'm fine with whatever the town decides, just so long as the town remembers who really went for the kill against me. If I live, I'll provide another report, if I die. Well, I'm dead and will just have to be content with my life!

At the same time, @Othero, that aggression is kind of coming out of nowhere. I also don't appreciate you ignoring my question, which I feel is entirely valid. We have a cult/pseudo-cult about and in a cult setting, the game plays a bit differently.

Maybe it's just because of my new vanilla status, because I've been wondering wtf that autopsy report was about ever since I read it, and because I've had some direct flavour involved with my stitches, but I find Dylara's roleclaim to be entirely believable. If she wasn't the one who rummaged through my innards, then who did?

(And now I have this image of real-actors in a Law and Order setting, with a freshly revived corpse defending the alibi of their coroner. I'm not going to shake this one easily.)

• Vivet said:

(And now I have this image of real-actors in a Law and Order setting, with a freshly revived corpse defending the alibi of their coroner. I'm not going to shake this one easily.)

I can only imagine my character inwardly going "Aaaahhh ZOMBIE" while you chat away. I'm seriously having this huge weird moment of oh my god, I autopsied this one, it's still moving. It shouldn't be able to do that. Ahhh. :))

But seriously, some serious aggression coming from Othero and I have no idea why.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Dylara said:

Vivet said:

I can only imagine my character inwardly going "Aaaahhh ZOMBIE" while you chat away. I'm seriously having this huge weird moment of oh my god, I autopsied this one, it's still moving. It shouldn't be able to do that. Ahhh. :))

But seriously, some serious aggression coming from Othero and I have no idea why.
    I think it might be a simple misunderstanding. Seems he's confused the part where you were saying you don't trust Lehki as being directed towards him.
  • I thought it was pretty obviously about Lehki. :-S Sorry if it wasn't obvious, it's been a busy, exhausting, long weekend.

Oh, thought on the number thing. A day power was used, and we saw a 6, one down from 7. I would like someone else to use a day power, so we can see if the number drops again. Is anyone willing/able to do so?
  • It's not random aggression. I think it is a weak claim, Lehki is a bad target and is mostly an attempt to deflect. And yeah, I think it is random mod flavor that is being taken average of. Role reveals on death have been all over the place. For example, me posting names of people is entirely more flavor and nothing to do with my role. I also don't think it makes sense for the power to automatically share the info. That's unbalanced and awful for the person with the role. The role does not make sense unless Dylara is given the info and can share it themselves.
  • Othero said:

It's not random aggression. I think it is a weak claim, Lehki is a bad target and is mostly an attempt to deflect. And yeah, I think it is random mod flavor that is being taken average of. Role reveals on death have been all over the place. For example, me posting names of people is entirely more flavor and nothing to do with my role. I also don't think it makes sense for the power to automatically share the info. That's unbalanced and awful for the person with the role. The role does not make sense unless Dylara is given the info and can share it themselves.

Take it as you will, it is what it is. You can either let me live and let me put up another report, or you can lynch me and prove I'm town (and very dead).

It's the gamble everyone takes in Mafia, is this person town or are they scum/dangerous.

I will maintain I am town, and only town. My role is as I have stated, I personally would like that I be given the reports and decide to dispense them as I pleased, but the role is what it is.

Chances are, I probably wont survive the night anyways if the Mafia/Cult/Whatever it is with the Chosen decides they don't want to take the chance. I would much prefer slim chance of life, and Lehki the Troublemaker to be dead if I'm totally honest and I am hardly deflecting since I've tried voting Lehki out almost every day since he was revealed as scum.

I believe you're town, so I'm not going to even bother voting for you, and I sure as hell do not trust Lehki (or even Vivet if I'm being totally honest). If you're set on this, I can't change your mind by adding further information because I have no other information.

So, what will you gamble today?

• Ileein said:

Melali said:

Agreed-- we have other targets of suspicion we can focus on. For example, @Allyrianne, who's been very mum. Or @Lehki can expound more on that theory he said he had.
    I already explained the basics of it a page back or so, and other people brought the possibility of cult recruiting. I just haven't seen any concrete evidence of it turn up yet, only circumstantial stuff and my own wild speculation, and Thul just explained away the biggest suspicion I had by revealing he delayed Ssaliss's action. The problem I had with bringing it up earilier was that it's me, as somebody claiming to be former scum now saying "hey anybody that we were sure was town before might not be town anymore" Like geeze how scummy does that sound? But you know, whatever, like I can really make you guys even more suspicious of me. And I know as soon as we're out of certain targets that I'm going on the chopping block.

The idea was essentially that ever since the night Lunaala and the Chosen came to power, that the cult is now actually a Cult and could recruit new members. This was mostly based off the comments Lunaala made, namely. "My Aegis protects My Children tonight, just as it will protect all who leave your foolish mission." and " "THOSE WHO SIDE WITH ME AGAINST THE CHAMPION-BOY SHALL BE BLESSED." So I'd been trying to think would would be my top picks to convert to mafia if I suddenly got that power mid-game, and watching them for sudden changes in behavior or if there powers seem to have gone missing because they got recruited. My top picks were Ssaliss, Othero, Portius, then Krackenor.

Ssaliss top pick since cop seemed like a great target for cult, and then he was apparently blocked by Luce's matchmaking which was clearly not true, and then said he investigated the person who died last night. I really thought I was onto something until Thul's reveal where he gave an explanation for it that makes as much sense.

Krackenor's basically the same story as Ssaliss, no apparent successful block 2 nights in a row, but then Ileein confirmed his target N7. The Othero and Portius I did put together a scenario that fits for them, but it's mostly just weak/wild speculation. Though Othero's pushing on Dylara makes me a little more suspicious of him. Not that I 100% believe Dylara's claim yet either.
  • Haha, loved that mayor reveal! GJ.

If I'm being honest, I find Dylara's claim pretty weak too. There are only a few valid reasons to withhold using an information-gathering power.

1. The power is risky/dangerous, and unpredictable as to whether it helps town or not.

2. The power is severely limited (ie. can only be used x number of times in the whole game).

3. You used to have the power but were only able to use it once before being converted.

4. You never had that power and are just BSing.

I think 4 is most likely. It's a crap power to claim having. The autopsy didn't tell us anything we didn't know, and when would it ever? Roles are revealed at death, so how does the 'details' (which weren't even very specific) help us?

THAT SAID. I'm cool with letting Dylara have another night if we want to risk it. If we can keep an eye on her, then we can make sure she doesn't do anything other than the autopsy.

Now, the number thing has me really scratching my head. It first showed up in a beginning of dayphase flavour. Why did it go down to 6 when Thul made his reveal? I can't find the link between the two.
    Cen said:

Now, the number thing has me really scratching my head. It first showed up in a beginning of dayphase flavour. Why did it go down to 6 when Thul made his reveal? I can't find the link between the two.

Phoebus pointed out the day power activation and felt like that had something to do with it. If and when another day power gets used, that could help line up to the hypothesis.

Cen said:

Haha, loved that mayor reveal! GJ.

If I'm being honest, I find Dylara's claim pretty weak too. There are only a few valid reasons to withhold using an information-gathering power.

1. The power is risky/dangerous, and unpredictable as to whether it helps town or not.

2. The power is severely limited (ie. can only be used x number of times in the whole game).

3. You used to have the power but were only able to use it once before being converted.

4. You never had that power and are just BSing.

I think 4 is most likely. It's a crap power to claim having. The autopsy didn't tell us anything we didn't know, and when would it ever? Roles are revealed at death, so how does the 'details' (which weren't even very specific) help us?

THAT SAID. I'm cool with letting Dylara have another night if we want to risk it. If we can keep an eye on her, then we can make sure she doesn't do anything other than the autopsy.

The marked lack of info on a typical death reveal this game is what makes it easy for me to see Dylara's claim as plausible. It would make sense that someone dying isn't giving us the reveal one would expect on a death in mafia if there's a power that's supposed to be doing it instead. I'm all in favor of letting Dylara have a night to prove herself, and putting pressure on Allyrianne to open up today.

The only connection I could think of between Thul's post and the number changing is that it might be counting down to something. Since he used his power in that post, and the number fell by one when it went through, this is why I want someone else to use a power, so we can see if it happens again.
    This is also the first time we've seen such a number without Lunaala's astral projection also making an appearance.
  • Guys, can we focus on Lehki here? I can conceivably believe that Vivet might, possibly, actually be non-scum in a night where she was blocked and Portius is claiming the only kill. That's because she died and came back to life.

Lehki doesn't have that excuse, and as noted with Kalaneya's death, whatever (if anything) happened a couple of nights back didn't change that people who were scum before were still scum.
    Is Serene Grace down right now, or is it on cooldown? I don't remember if I got the details correct or not.
  • Except it we have mod info that does seem to say that the sun cult is gone. And I watched Lehki last night. He did nothing and was never visited by anyone. If he is still scum he really is in no rush to win.
  • I'm not sure what else I can do to prove my innocence at this point, all information I have I have given. I wish I had used my power more because then there would be at least a secondary report to back up that it is me doing them.

Sigh.

• Lehki could have just been absorbed into the moon cult, you know.

In the meantime... yeah, @Allyriane's been pretty much invisible the entire game. I'd like to hear what she can do. I'm uncertain about Ileein and Dylara still, but I'd like Allyrianne to say something.

As for the ominous numbers... could it be related to roleclaims somehow? Things I did in my claim: reveal role, reveal Pokemon, use player power for the first time, engage in vicious chewing of scenery.

@CyndarinAscends, what do you still need for your win condition?