the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well, no one told you life was going to be this way.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Possible that some of that was Ke's power?
    Vivet said:

Thul said:

So, while we're waiting for Allyrianne to say something, who wants to play "what the heck was Kaimanahi doing?"

Getting back to this, I've been aggressively sifting through old posts for anything relevant as time allows. Back on July 31st, on what happens to be page 94 of this thread (for me), I found this:

Someone or something took control of me and attempted to make me attack another person, who I'd prefer not to name for a variety of reasons unless they're willing to out themselves.

Luckily for several reasons they chose their tool and their target poorly.

It was somewhat similar to what I felt Night 2, but that time I was just walked into the wall repeatedly and I didn't end up doing anything. I suspect that that time it was a pretty straightforward redirect, and I'm pretty sure it was the zoruark thing with something like Night Daze. (And the same thing that happened to Cen Night 1 and Night 3)

The similarity in sensation does make me think it's another pokemon that's recently evolved some power that can control people and make them perform an action or attack. I don't know enough pokemon lore to even begin to suggest what power that might be or who might have access to it.

That's all I've seen.

Could some of that have been Kaimahani's power at work?
  • I forgot I started making this post on mobile and that it got saved to drafts. Didn't even notice that sentence in front of the blockquote before posting.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (Your role's a joke, you're broke, your cupid's D.O.A.)
  • ... So... Are we really just going to sit around waiting for @Allyrianne to make a post? I mean, odds are she'd have made one by now if she was around to make one. I'm thinking we kinda need to decide what to do without that post.

Speaking of which, what's the current votecount?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, I've done about all I can do otherwise, and doubt there's a lot of clear choices right now besides the overly conspicuous ones - specifically, Lehki and I. Frankly, after Sylandra's big reveal and exit, I'm surprised I haven't drawn more negative attention.
  • My vote's still on Lehki. He's claimed survivor, so it's kinda whatever if we're wrong, and I suspect this whole talk of cults and being stripped of power is BS. Town has been doing pretty well this game. I think we're in the home stretch here.
  • Unvote

Vote Lehki because I've wanted you dead since day 2
  • Sure, I can definitely go for Lehki. I was rather on the fence about Allyrianne considering her not having defended herself, but Lehki is another story altogether.

Vote: Lehki
  • Are you sure you should be agreeing with me? They may think we've both been subsumed
  • I've pushed for a lynch on Lehki often enough in the past, so I think we're safe.
    I just like that people are throwing around "subsumed" now.

In addition to being generally comfortable with a Vote: Lehki, I would also like to point out that I'll be traveling for the weekend and may be very limited with how often I can post from the 12th to the 14th. Just a head's up.
  • I think that's six on Lehki now? Me x2, Dylara, ssaliss, Krackenor and Vivet if I did that right?

So, if I mysteriously die in the middle of the night... first off, congratulations scum, because this ability is straight-up unfair. Second, town will need to look at Cyndarin, Vivet, and anyone who targeted Vivet last night.

Will hopefully have some juicy info for you all tomorrow.
  • I don't suppose you'd believe that I lied before and Serene Grace actually will save me again if you try to lynch?
  • One way to find out.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:

One way to find out.

Agreed, since most of our other lines of investigation really require an extra night to come to fruition.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • You're gonna waste a lynch but okay. Should establish who you guys want Dylara and Ilieen to look to confirm their stories before you do though.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Vote Count -

Dylara: 1 (Othero)
    Lehki: 7 (Dylara, Krackenor, Ssaliss, Vivet, Thul, Ileein)

With 14 trainers alive, it's 8 to lynch!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Well it's not my first choice but I can definitely get behind a Lehki lynch.

• Who would your first chose be though?
  • Me?

Well getting a better idea of what Kaimanahi was capable of might be a good idea so I'd say her for Dylara.

I'm not really sure for Ileein, I'd say somebody you can trust is town, but I'm still suspicious of cult recruiting going on. Uuh, I guess you, @Ssaliss.
  • Yeah, still convinced Lehki is a waste to vote on and Dylara is deflecting real well.
  • I believe Cen made it lynch.
  • Probably, yeah. We're still free to discuss things until Tremula makes it a night though.
  • Also, the question was mainly directed at @Cen, but I definitely don't mind others chiming in and sharing their thoughts!
  • Yeah that's lynch. And I wasn't bluffing just now about Serene Grace. I was bluffing yesterday to get Portius off my back, so this lynch is gonna fail. I'm assuming Portius will come kill me in the night for lieing to his face, but given my track record some ridiculous thing will happen in the night and save me. I really am out of extra lives this time though, so we'll see.

I was waiting to hear if Allyrianne had a believeable story too, but aside from her, and sticking with my conversion theory, my finger's currently on Othero. I don't think he's provided any new info resulting from his watcher/tracker power last 2 nights, and he's been aggressive towards like 3 different people today, plus threw a little suspicion at Phoebus. The comment about recruitment breaking up relationships was mostly joking, but hey, remember we gotta look for the Lettuce Leaf.
  • wait nvm it was thul that made a comment about Phoebus. Stand by rest of that though
    If Lehki really does survive...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Pretty much have to vigkill Lehki if he survives the lynch. I'm still pretty confident that he's no longer scum, but it's clear that we're not going to pursue anyone else thoroughly until he bites it. And admitting to lying is grounds for a murdering anyway.

Unless there's someone else that the rest of you think is high priority and you want to call out. Speak now if you object, I guess.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Nah, I've just been hampered by some bad picks and this game being quiet during the night with no one getting kills. I've also been keeping a couple things quiet. I also provided info from my power last day phase.