the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Sigh. Well this is mildly frustrating. I can't be the only one who's kinda sick of people being all "I know something you don't know~!" just before dying.

I don't really follow what we're supposed to do here. Vivet, are you saying we should lynch you to get more info, keep you alive to get more info, or you're just plain not going to talk straight either way?
  • Cen said:
    Sigh. Well this is mildly frustrating. I can't be the only one who's kinda sick of people being all "I know something you don't know~!" just before dying.

I don't really follow what we're supposed to do here. Vivet, are you saying we should lynch you to get more info, keep you alive to get more info, or you're just plain not going to talk straight either way?
    What, coming out and saying something flat out, in this game? You must be nuts.

Unless for whatever reason these 'restrictions' Vivet is claiming include a restriction on plain speech...
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Daraius said:
    Phoebus said:

I drank a cup of coffee at midnight
    (This is the wildest thing I've read in this thread so far :worried: )
    Without caffeine, I cannot maintain my human form. :disappointed: 

Vivet, is there a reason you won't tell us anything directly? Because being so difficult just makes you seem even more at cross-purposes with the town. Even if you're not a cultist, as you claim, you're clearly not working with us on this.

I am assuming that your present to us was the lists of everyone's night actions you sought out today. Will they really reveal anything like you're saying they will? Hrm. I'm not immediately making any connections, but I might go over them and look for discrepancies or something later, when I'm more focused and less appalled at the thought of possibly having to dig back into this monster thread for something non-specific.
  • I have no idea what to make of @Vivet's comment, as I don't speak High Dramaese. It, uh. Looks like a dare to lynch her, which I find deeply suspicious.

Unfortunately, I have zero better ideas right now, and from the general lack of traffic it seems like we're all in that same boat. So, uh. Thoughts on offing Vivet and calling it a day?
  • Thul said:
    I have no idea what to make of @Vivet's comment, as I don't speak High Dramaese. It, uh. Looks like a dare to lynch her, which I find deeply suspicious.

Unfortunately, I have zero better ideas right now, and from the general lack of traffic it seems like we're all in that same boat. So, uh. Thoughts on offing Vivet and calling it a day?
    Uh, yeah, I can't think of any good reason why Town would dare the rest of Town to lynch them... and then start the lynch themselves!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Looking back, I may have gotten a weeee bit carried away with the dramatics this morning. It helped me perk up more than any caffeine did, so sorry if you felt lambasted. But it sure felt good.

The fact remains, however, that I still can't say what will need to be said. It is That Which I Cannot Say.

You're all certainly free to deduce that I'm a few zubat short of a Dark Cave and advance the lynch, if it's not all falling into place just yet. I managed to finish up with what I wanted to do... and digging back through the rest of the thread really shouldn't be necessary, either. I mean, you can. But! There should be enough on Page 120 that if someone asks the right questions, it should get the ball moving in the right direction.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Well, bluffing to produce that response is always an option, @Ileein. I'm still not convinced that Vivet is the Chosen, so our lynch might be better spent elsewhere. At the same time, we could learn a lot by lynching Vivet, depending on how she flips.

The question: Do we think that Vivet's restrictions, if any, will get revealed upon death? If we're confident of that, then we have to lynch Vivet. Vastly increases our chances of figuring out any implied message. I'm not sure they will, though. Lehki flipped as scum on death. That might be because he was scum and I misinterpreted the flavor message that I got, or it might mean that role changes don't appear on death. I don't know which it is. Probably option number one, since there's a lot of ways to interpret pretty much any flavor. But I don't know that. 
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Those are all really good questions actually, Portius.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what the reveal is actually going to look like either. And with the odd sort of limbo I'm in, I imagine there are a lot of possibilities.

So that's another part of it for me. Like, what's really going to happen?

Another facet of this, deep down at my core, I play however is necessary to get the job done. Don't care about personal victory that much, unless I'm entirely on my own.

And because of everything I've said now, well. Game's up for me. I will get re-converted tonight if I do not get lynched or the game doesn't end otherwise. I think I implied that, but I guess saying it concretely might help with your decision making processes.

I'm going to poke at your restrictions a little bit, @Vivet. I'm not saying I completely believe your claim, but I'm going to assume that it's true and interrogate accordingly. Please answer every question that you can. I might add more, but I'm mostly trying to get an idea of what you can and can't say.

1. Do you think that you know the identity of the cult recruiter, or do you have mod confirmation?

2. If you have mod confirmation, did it come from flavor text or a direct statement?

3. Do you believe that your posts on page 120 provide enough information for us to infer the identity of the recruiter even if you tell us nothing else?

4. You say that you will get re-converted tonight. Is this because you're predicting the recruiter's actions, or due to a timer effect?

5. Do you believe that it is in the town's best interest to lynch you during this day phase even if doing so will not confirm your current claim about restricted speech and knowing things?

6. Do you believe that "Chosen" and "cult recruiter" can be used interchangeably, or do you think they are different people?

7. Have you expressed suspicions about the person who you believe to be the Chosen/recruiter during this day phase?

8. Have you directly addressed anyone which you believe to be aligned against the town during this day phase?
  • I'm catching up on stuff but forgot to mention earlier, I did have corpse dreams last night.
  • Ok, here is my first question that I don't think we've had answered. On Night 4 what were Cen, Cyndarin, and Allyrianne all meeting for in Cyndarin's cabin?
    If I have to reiterate that lynching Vivet isn't only because of the dramatic (and admittedly questionable) theory that she might be the Chosen one more time... I'm just never going to try to have fun again. Good grief, it's like people don't read half of what I'm saying. 

On the topic of death reveals, however, we should probably count on learning basically nothing. Death hasn't told us too much this game, without an autopsy report to back it up. Shame we've had so few of them. You're able to do another tonight, correct, @Dylara? Who did you have in mind?

Oh, and 
    Vivet said:

(Kalaneya wanted you all to believe that the biggest troll move she could have committed with a resurrection was bringing back Rolsand. LOL. Are you having fun watching this, dearie?)
    This made me go back and look at what Kalaneya had said. Til the end she claimed to not have been the one that resurrected Vivet, stating that she would've used such a power to rez Rolsand to be funny. But didn't we see Kalaneya going into the medical car that night? Didn't Othero's post about his watching say...

Wait a second, right before that part...
    Othero said:
    I saw Cen talk with Allyrianne and Cyndarin in Cyndarin's cabin.
    Um. What would Allyrianne have been doing in Cyndarin's cabin, exactly? How did I not notice this last night? Is there some context here that I'm forgetting? Now I have to go back and read that day. Let me look for relevant posts.

Why was Cen in my room touching my pokemon. [-(
    No mention of Allyrianne, despite Othero seeing her talking with Cyndarin and Cen. Suspicious. Now, this is interesting.
    Someone or something took control of me and attempted to make me attack another person, who I'd prefer not to name for a variety of reasons unless they're willing to out themselves.

Luckily for several reasons they chose their tool and their target poorly.

It was somewhat similar to what I felt Night 2, but that time I was just walked into the wall repeatedly and I didn't end up doing anything. I suspect that that time it was a pretty straightforward redirect, and I'm pretty sure it was the zoruark thing with something like Night Daze. (And the same thing that happened to Cen Night 1 and Night 3)

The similarity in sensation does make me think it's another pokemon that's recently evolved some power that can control people and make them perform an action or attack. I don't know enough pokemon lore to even begin to suggest what power that might be or who might have access to it.
    There was no more talk about any of this afterwards, because it was the same day that Silvanus quit the game and that stole the spotlight. I completely forgot about it, even.

So, regardless of if this "wasn't my fault, I was being controlled" thing is true or not, we know 1) that Allyrianne, confirmed scum, was in Cyndarin's cabin that night, and 2) Cyndarin never saw fit to mention the intrusion. Why were the three of them talking? Why did it never come up when questions about Allyrianne were being raised? @CyndarinAscends and @Cen, would you care to explain this?
    Othero said:
    Ok, here is my first question that I don't think we've had answered. On Night 4 what were Cen, Cyndarin, and Allyrianne all meeting for in Cyndarin's cabin?
    Haha, you posted this as I was mid-realization-posting. This is exactly what I want to know!!
    Sigh. As much as I want Lunatone beatdowns to happen, I'm going to Unvote to be safe. I do want to hear what's going on here before the day ends.
  • I did a rough count and we're past the 50 posts that is the limit of Grotle's protection (Sorry @Tremula if it isn't).

Yes, I can autopsy again tonight. I was considering Lehki, because I've been waiting so long to get a hold of his corpse.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Dylara said:
    I did a rough count and we're past the 50 posts that is the limit of Grotle's protection (Sorry @Tremula if it isn't).

Yes, I can autopsy again tonight. I was considering Lehki, because I've been waiting so long to get a hold of his corpse.
    Hmm hmm. Have you been keeping a list of who's left a corpse, and who is arrested/disappeared/etc.? I can't really remember everyone's body status, and I'd like to look over exactly what our options are right now to try and work out which person we'd be able to get the most info out of.
  • Phoebus said:
    Dylara said:
    I did a rough count and we're past the 50 posts that is the limit of Grotle's protection (Sorry @Tremula if it isn't).

Hmm hmm. Have you been keeping a list of who's left a corpse, and who is arrested/disappeared/etc.? I can't really remember everyone's body status, and I'd like to look over exactly what our options are right now to try and work out which person we'd be able to get the most info out of.
    Off the top of my head, Salome and Luce. There's someone else but I'm too tired to recall and I don't want to slog through 121 pages worth of posts.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

@Portius

1. Think
    3. Possibly
    4. Action
    5. Unknown
    6. Unsure
    7. No
    8. Yes

• Oh? Allyrianne actually went into the cabin that night?

All I saw was that on my way into Cyndarin's cabin, she was in the corridor outside, looking confused. The confusion flavour matched up with my own experiences with redirects, so I never questioned it.

But I was in the compartment all night playing with Quilava and nothing else happened. Never saw her come inside. Unless she was on her way out..? Let me go back and read the PM again. Either way all I can guess is that Cyndarin may be immune to attack.
  • Yeah on second read-through, there's actually no way of knowing whether she was on her way in, on her way out, or just on her way past. She came down the corridor at the same time I did, looking confused. I asked her what she was doing, she said she didn't know, then apologized and ran off. Then I shrugged, went inside, and Cyndarin and I played with Quilava until morning.

If we're picking at the right thread here, then either a) Cyndarin was immune to Allyrianne's redirected attack, or b) I was her target and was immune that night..? I have absolutely no idea why that would be the case.
    Well, seems like Cyndarin is clearly more of a presence than they've been claiming to be. Is this another big nightkill immunity we're looking at in this game? They avoided death by serial killer on the first night, and Portius' vigkill didn't connect either. Wasn't it because of amnesia? And Cen saw Allyrianne at Cyndarin's cabin, not knowing why she was there and running off in confusion...Oh dear, oh dear. Someone's got some splainin' to do.
  • Cen said:
    Yeah on second read-through, there's actually no way of knowing whether she was on her way in, on her way out, or just on her way past. She came down the corridor at the same time I did, looking confused. I asked her what she was doing, she said she didn't know, then apologized and ran off. Then I shrugged, went inside, and Cyndarin and I played with Quilava until morning.

If we're picking at the right thread here, then either a) Cyndarin was immune to Allyrianne's redirected attack, or b) I was her target and was immune that night..? I have absolutely no idea why that would be the case.
    Rereading the info I got I will say this jives with it more then how I originally read it. Not that the 3 of you were talking but that Allyrianne was most likely coming from Cyndarin's cabin, you two talked in the hallway, and then you went to Cyndarin's.
  • @Melali can we do the same thing, who have you jailed each night?
  • Um, I never talked with Allyrianne. At no point were they mentioned in my message. I pokedex'd Ssaliss, dropped a willow-o-wisp on Lehki, and then ran into Cen who played with my Quilava. 
  • So the short answer is I can't explain it because it didn't happen.
    It's going to become your word against Othero's, Cyndarin. Are you really comfortable with that?
  • This whole situation is tricky. Cults are so iffy. I'd like to hear Melali's list of jailed folks again (I know he's said it back a few pages but again... slogging through 121 pages is horrible). 

Also, still taking suggestions for autopsy, if no one suggests anything it will be Lehki.

On the Cyndarin thing: if you go back to pages 55-56, there's conflicting reports about what happened with Rolsand's death between myself and Cyndarin. The summary is that I saw Piplup attacking Rolsand's Sandshrew the night that I killed him. Cyndarin claimed to have sent a Pumpkaboo after him that night, but I did not see it. I initially thought she was just trying to produce an alibi for her own pokemon, but we did come up with some pretty plausible explanations for why else we could get that result. I'm hesitant to take much from it because we don't really know enough about the game mechanics to figure out how that order of events would resolve, but it is a reminder that Cyndarin has had conflicting reports of night stuff before. At the same time, also a reminder that there can be plausible (but not confirmed) mechanical explanations for those inconsistencies.
  • It doesn't really matter if I'm comfortable with it. It's what happened. Though it looks like Othero clarified he never saw me talking to Ally. Ally came out of my room. I wasn't in my room, as Ssaliss can kinda confirm, because I scanned his Pokemon that night. 
  • Also, one more time, there are no inconsistencies. I did use confuse Ray on sandshrew. I got no messages. You got to him first.

14. The Champion (game master) will decide order of events if contested, and his word is final. Do not invoke an order-of-events check if you are not willing to be told you are wrong.