the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:
    i can also confirm Melali as the jailer, they are who I visited on night 1
    You had said your target wasn't at home. I don't think that confirms them as jailer, just they were out using a power, right?
    This is true, but that was my assumption based on my investigation failure and Melali stating that his power works like Ssaliss did in night vale mafia where he retreats into the sky, perhaps bringing someone with him. Based off what Melali said and my failure, this is the power i guessed. With Sylandra claiming that for Melali, I believe it.

As for me, I am an investigator, that is why I was inquisitional about Celinas investigating abilities, and Ushaara. But I can at least clear up some, I am a third party investigator that is out to catch them all (I am a Gary wannabe that strives for the best poked ex. That's why I had to jump at Kecleon, just in case). Celina is a Pokemon investigator, and if Ushaara is one as well, that's at least 3. 

On night 2, I investigated the town doctor who was attending to a screaming patient, I can reveal the name to prove myself, but I would rather not give out more info than needed.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Sylandra said:
    I'll make this simpler for you. I have a limited amount of kill immunities. Whether or not you trust me, lynching me won't do anyone any good today. You're welcome to test that if you like but it won't get us any new information.

I don't know enough about @Dylara to comment on if I think she's scum or not. I'd rather lynch Ushaara who was been making wild and inappropriate accusations.
    So you're got your psychic aura, a limited kill immunity, and pokemon power that are all passive abilities activated by other people's actions?
  • Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:
    You had said your target wasn't at home. I don't think that confirms them as jailer, just they were out using a power, right?
    This is true, but that was my assumption based on my investigation failure and Melali stating that his power works like Ssaliss did in night vale mafia where he retreats into the sky, perhaps bringing someone with him. Based off what Melali said and my failure, this is the power i guessed. With Sylandra claiming that for Melali, I believe it.

As for me, I am an investigator, that is why I was inquisitional about Celinas investigating abilities, and Ushaara. But I can at least clear up some, I am a third party investigator that is out to catch them all (I am a Gary wannabe that strives for the best poked ex. That's why I had to jump at Kecleon, just in case). Celina is a Pokemon investigator, and if Ushaara is one as well, that's at least 3. 

On night 2, I investigated the town doctor who was attending to a screaming patient, I can reveal the name to prove myself, but I would rather not give out more info than needed.
    What does your trainer card look like? As in what do you look like on it?
  • That's a super power-heavy role...wowsers.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lehki said:
    Sylandra said:
    I'll make this simpler for you. I have a limited amount of kill immunities. Whether or not you trust me, lynching me won't do anyone any good today. You're welcome to test that if you like but it won't get us any new information.

I don't know enough about @Dylara to comment on if I think she's scum or not. I'd rather lynch Ushaara who was been making wild and inappropriate accusations.
    So you're got your psychic aura, a limited kill immunity, and pokemon power that are all passive abilities activated by other people's actions?

My entire role is passive. I have no killing abilities.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:

A teenager with a bowl cut? Pretty ordinary, are they significant?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Luce said:

Thul said:
    @Luce, did you note any differences in the failure messages between day one and two?
    Distinctly different, yes. It feels like it's pure fluff, which is what I was leaning to at the end of yesterday. Unless someone can link Victorian architecture and Persian wells to a faction.

And if you can, then the fluff from the night before isn't quite so fluffy and is a strong lead.

Not that I'll survive the night.

All right. I'll warn you not to read too much into me and @Iosion being incompatible. @Dylara and @Sylandra's difference is still worth investigating.
  • Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:
    Sylandra said:

All this, is starting to make me kind of suspicious about how often Sylandra's been showing up in the mod posts with champion.  Makes me feel like she's got a very important role somehow... though it would be really weird for the mod to be giving hints like that in the end/start of day posts. 
    Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:

Three Pokemon investigators? It sounds like you're describing your own power as trainer-investigative, rather than Pokemon-investigative. Is that accurate?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Silvanus said:
    Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:

No, maybe not. I'm pulling at threads here. You  mentioned Gary Oak, but I have Gary Oak on my card (even though I'm not actually Gary Oak).
  • Oh yeah! Krackenor also heard Sylandra talking to the Champion when he visitied her first night.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Did Thul just admit he's a 3rd party too?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Lehki said:
    Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:
    Sylandra said:

All this, is starting to make me kind of suspicious about how often Sylandra's been showing up in the mod posts with champion.  Makes me feel like she's got a very important role somehow... though it would be really weird for the mod to be giving hints like that in the end/start of day posts. 

Lehki said:
    Oh yeah! Krackenor also heard Sylandra talking to the Champion when he visitied her first night.

My role flavor text is I'm close friends with the Champion. I've hinted at that earlier.
    Daraius said:
  • Synkarin said:
    Surprise twist, there is no town, EVERYBODY is third party or scum.
  • @CyndarinAscends It was confirmed for me that the person on your card is your mentor, if that's possible via the card creation website.

I think Silvanus is just using "Gary Oak-like" as a way to say he's annoyingly desperate to catch 'em all.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    Silvanus said:
    Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:

No, maybe not. I'm pulling at threads here. You  mentioned Gary Oak, but I have Gary Oak on my card (even though I'm not actually Gary Oak).

I've never played Pokemon outside of red/blue, the way I thought was that due to my ability to snoop through Pokedex and my third party role, I figured I am more nefarious than someone that is trying to follow Ash, especially when I don't win with town. My win can come posthumously, I am here to have the biggest pokedex. @Sylandra - because I failed the first night, I wasn't sure how it worked, but I can do both.
  • Silvanus said:
    Silvanus said:
    Silvanus said:
    Lehki said:
    Silvanus said:

I've never played Pokemon outside of red/blue, the way I thought was that due to my ability to snoop through Pokedex and my third party role, I figured I am more nefarious than someone that is trying to follow Ash, especially when I don't win with town. My win can come posthumously, I am here to have the biggest pokedex. Sylandra - because I failed the first night, I wasn't sure how it worked, but I can do both.
    That implies that you have to have a bigger dex than somebody else. To me this sounds like Silvanus and Cyndarin are competing third parties with their own mini-competition going on. 
  • Synkarin said:

Nope. Town here, but Iosion may be town as well.
  • Well full reveal then. I am town/third party. It's why I believed Rolsand when he said he was too.

I win with the Champion. However, I have a separate win condition that involves cataloging every pokemon type in my pokedex. 

So I can double win.
  • Also @Thul I just noticed what you did and how dare you.
  • Additionally, I was holding something back about the Victini stuff.

The burning V hit me in the chest, but a creepy doll was also in my car staring at me while it happened. I am assuming this is Rolsand's creepy doll. I think the doll is related to the Victini stuff, because it was all tied together in the same paragraph. I just don't know how. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    ..That may explain why Ushaara is going so hard to lynch you.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    ..That may explain why Ushaara is going so hard to lynch you.
    Hrm, good point, she also claimed investigator... is every investigator in a competition to have the best pokedex? Ushaara just trying to kill off her competition instead of scanning pokemon? Brutal.

There was also that person who was playing with Kalaneya's and Kelly's pokemon. That would make 4 investigators out there?

I I think this would also make Ushaara the only one who was actually investigating players, rather than pokemons, which I think is more helpful to town than looking at the pokemon for your personal goals.  Then again she was the only one trying to kill somebody off because of it.

@Ushaara got any comment on all this when you get back?
  • Oh that's right. Wasn't Rolsand's win condition that if the person who was lynched had the doll, he would win?

It's just weird it wasn't removed from play when Rolsand croaked, and it's wrapped up in the same paragraph as Ushaara's power. 
  • Ushaara said:
    Exactly Vivet it -is- strange that you saw who investigated you. Kalaneya and Kaimanahi are having play dates but they don't get the name of their visitor. Sylandra didn't get any names (I'm assuming). I'm also an investigator but no one is seeing that I investigated them. That you and Krackenor did just means that you are unwitting alibis for Cyndarin. 'She couldn't have been the killer because she visited me that night etc.' It's a very devious play but relies on town not sharing information about various visits in early phase of game.

I'll be back later to catch up, but I wanted to briefly address this for now. 

For what it's worth, I do know the name of the person who visited me. It seems like in this game, it's totally standard to have your visitors named to you. I, presumably Kaimanahi, Sylandra, Vivet, and Krackenor have all seen this.
  • Oh that's right. Wasn't Rolsand's win condition that if the person who was lynched had the doll, he would win?

It's just weird it wasn't removed from play when Rolsand croaked, and it's wrapped up in the same paragraph as Ushaara's power. 
    I think they just had to die, didn't have to be lynch?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'm home with my beer, and not a moment too soon!

@Sylandra, are you the main character in a self-insert fanfiction? You're an amazing, kill-proof psychic who's best pals with the Champion. Next you're going to tell us you're actually a legendary Pokemon who was cursed to live as a human until you find true love, which is incidentally your third party/town hybrid win condition. I'd think you were lying if it didn't fit in with everything else we've seen so far.

@Ushaara, your theories are wack, and every time another reason you're wrong comes up, you invent a new reason why your thing must still be true. How many ad hoc hypotheses are you going to tack onto this thing before it collapses under its own weight and takes you out with it?

And dammit I don't want to hear about that creepy doll. That thing freaks me out and I thought we were rid of it. But... @CyndarinAscends, why wouldn't you bring it up until now? Surely you didn't forget it was Rolsand's thing that someone dying with the doll would cause him to win. Is this actually some way to try to make yourself look like a less attractive lynch target? Hmm hmm.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Phoebus I just want to let you know I'm compiling a small list of quotes from you this game and each is gold.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • "That thing freaks me out and I thought we were rid of it," is why I didn't bring it up. I don't know what it does either, there's not explanation that came with it. It's just there. I think Rolsand gave it to me last night before he died maybe? 

• Basically having an evil looking doll appear in my room that then connected me somehow with Ushaara's Victini is not something I wanted to start advertising. Largely because I don't know what it does now that Rolsand is dead.