the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Please forgive my inability to provide an up-to-date vote count, but if anyone would like to do me a favour and count it up, I'd be grateful. With 24 trainers alive, it's 13 to lynch!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    The threat of an explosion seems enough to draw the attention of everyone, the memory of yesterday's quake still fresh in your mind. Hoping to take action, Iosion shouts, "Purrloin, use Fake Out on Weiwae!"

The grey and black feline pounces forward, swiping its paws dangerously close to Weiwae's throat before drawing them back. The threat of his jugular being sliced is enough for the man to flinch back, leaving him breathing heavy and jittery.

Weiwae has FLINCHED. He is unable to activate Day powers or order his Pokemon. Play continues.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Wait!(This is not a power, just an attention grabber.)

I think we should all vote for Weiwae. Because, hopefully, if we kill him, he won't blow up. Iosion, I don't think that your Purrloin is going to do anything to Weiwae if it is only a dayblock. I asked Tremula, and dayblocking does not continue into twilight. Thus, after the lynch, Weiwae will be free to blow up. On the other hand, the actual lynch killing will also occur after the day ends, so the bomb may get priority, but I feel we should try to save Iosion and Synkarin.

Vote: Weiwae (Just a note: Makaela had Weiwae's role beforehand, right?)
  • How morbid. Do I get hanged and then blow up, or do I blow up and you hang my severed head?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    unvote ; vote Lehki

Weiwae is already a goner in my book. We might as well pick someone we think is scum. I would prefer Ushaara but people seem fixed on Lehki so there we go. Puts Lehki at 8 votes now.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @everyone I get that it looks like I was playing wildly to get information, but again wasn't intention at all, just based my suspicions on extremely -leading- flavour messages from Tremula.

I 100% believed Melali to be an investigator based on observing the interrogation and questioning.
    I 100% believed Weiwae to be a (town) bomb, not a crazy-pants suicide bomber.

But in any case, this game has been so hilarious I'm good with whatever happens to me. :))
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think I'm also willing to go for that lynch.

Vote Lehki

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I'm anxious to see this over, like I don't want to spend my whole shift at work agonizing over what happened because my phone doesn't get recepetion in the building, I won't get anything done. x,x
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My current suspicious persons list:

@Lehki, for setting off a bomb. Dude, don't set off bombs. Why would you ever think that was a good idea?

@Weiwae, for being a bomb. The role page for suicide bomber says nothing can stop his death once it's triggered, sooo...who knows what's happening with that, at this point. Best case he explodes himself and no one else dies in the process, and we can still lynch someone else today. Will need to see the Purrloin result.

@Vivet, for having a malicious aura, possibly connected to one of the legendary Pokemon of the region. I don't want this one to fall to the wayside because of all the crazy pointed at everyone else today. Malice bad. Might actually be a better lynch option depending on how this bomb thing goes...?

@Ushaara, for being so aggressive that it's doing more harm than good. I honestly don't know if you're scum or town. If you're town, please try to take the theorizing down a few notches so we don't have to waste so much time and energy on you.

• Ushaara (4): Sylandra, Cen, Kalaneya, Lehki
    Weiwae (2): Silvanus, Melali
    Lehki (8: Krackenor, Synkarin, Luce, Iosion, Phoebus, Kaimanahi, Othero, Sylandra

Should be up to date, counts are from Tremula's last count on page 62 (I think). Yes, @Melali, Weiwae is a goner, and if he's not, we have prospective lynches lined up for 2-3 days: Lehki, Ushaara, Weiwae.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Ushaara (4): Sylandra, Cen, Kalaneya, Lehki
    Weiwae (2): Silvanus, Melali
    Lehki (9): Krackenor, Synkarin, Luce, Iosion, Phoebus, Kaimanahi, Othero, Sylandra, Portius

*because I can't edit even when playing vote counter :(
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Actually going to Unvote (sorry!) until that Purrloin result gets edited in to Tremula's post.
  • Not updating, but Lehki back to 8
  • Phoebus said:
    @Vivet, for having a malicious aura, possibly connected to one of the legendary Pokemon of the region. I don't want this one to fall to the wayside because of all the crazy pointed at everyone else today. Malice bad. Might actually be a better lynch option depending on how this bomb thing goes...?

Don't forget this. I would have fessed up on the message I picked up and not set off a bomb because of the Lunaala connection if Synkarin had mentioned it sooner, though I don't blame him keeping his knowledge quiet up until then.
  • I've never refreshed a single page this much in my entire life. @Tremula gonna break my F5 button
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    For completeness, you're also missing my solitary vote on Sylandra from before all this carnage..
  • Phoebus said:
    Actually going to Unvote (sorry!) until that Purrloin result gets edited in to Tremula's post.
    Agreed, I'm 90% sure how I'm planning to vote but as before I am waiting to see how things pan out with the power usage. I sincerely doubt that lynching Weiwae will stop the suicide bombing at this point, just thanks to order of operations, so we should be looking instead at the people who caused this mess.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • You're right, I apologize. Updated my notes, will repost Count when something happens
  • I also wouldn't mind if someone took the time to corroborate my Count, just to be sure
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Unvote
    Vote: Lehki

You are probably right about Weiwae's bomb being exploded no matter what happens, lynching Lehki will at least provide some answers. 

Also it's 13 to lynch, not 14, this should put us at vote 9.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    The last one that you posted mentions Sylandra twice. Voting for Ushaara and Lehki.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Try this again:

Ushaara (3): Cen, Kalaneya, Lehki
    Weiwae (1): Melali
    Lehki (9): Krackenor, Synkarin, Luce, Iosion, Kaimanahi, Othero, Sylandra, Portius, Silvanus
    Sylandra (1): Ushaara

This is now the Count, brought to you by your friendly, local guy-whose-explosive-death-looms-on-the-horizon.
  • Tremula said:
    The threat of an explosion seems enough to draw the attention of everyone, the memory of yesterday's quake still fresh in your mind. Hoping to take action, Iosion shouts, "Purrloin, use Fake Out on Weiwae!"

The grey and black feline pounces forward, swiping its paws dangerously close to Weiwae's throat before drawing them back. The threat of his jugular being sliced is enough for the man to flinch back, leaving him breathing heavy and jittery.

Weiwae has FLINCHED. He is unable to activate Day powers or order his Pokemon. Play continues.
    Just quoting this so everyone knows what happened. This might mean Weiwae is unable to bomb, in which case lynching him might be the correct move.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Tremula said:

YAAASSS PURRLOIN. I'VE NAMED HIM BARTHOLOMEOW BECAUSE HE'S CLASSY AF.

Anyway...no idea what this means...let's bring the Lehki-lynch train home to the station so we can see what happens.
  • Urgh, I've got no time left to wait and see how this plays out. I took a huge gamble on this, apparently even bigger than I realized, so gonna have my fingers crossed all day that I didn't just waste my life.
  • I still want to see what happens before I follow-up on Synkarin's claim. If Weiwae is neutered, then lynching him can wait (maybe?). If Weiwae is not neutered, then he, Synkarin, and I die.

@Tremula longshot question, is activating a bomb considered a power?

What are the masses' thoughts on moving votes off Lehki and onto Weiwae?

I just want the day to end *huff*
  • This is what I feel like right now

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Four more votes on @Lehki and our questions are answered.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Wait, so if Weiwae is blocked, we should remove Weiwae now while we have the chance.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • @Ssaliss @Melali @Ushaara

Highly recommend changing your votes, please.

Also, you will subsequently be lynched for being mafia if you don't (that's a joke but also maybe it's not O:-) )