the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Clarifying the @Ushaara part: I mean that for the night that I homicided Rolsand, not for last night.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Because I'm going to be asleep most of today, I'm risking going full Rolsand here and quadruple posting. 

Just so you know, Sweet Scent is going to happen at some point today. It's a power that matches up a Pokemon with its trainer. It's random which Pokemon/trainer combo gets revealed. 

Confirmed with Tremula that I can't send my Pokemon into battle, so using it is the only way it can get experience. I recognize that it's really weird since a while back, she said the only way to get xp was using a skill on another Pokemon, but its skill can't be used on another Pokemon, again, modconfirmed. She also made it have a long cooldown, so I can't farm xp with it. I figure with more than half our Pokemon matched up with their owners, I have a decent chance to hitting someone we already know.
  • Portius said:
    Ushaara I did see Piplup bubbling Sandshrew.

Krackenor because I'm the vigilante. There's really no concealing it now. Most of you probably suspected it anyway. I wasn't terribly subtle. I did nothing on night one because was wary of exposing myself until I had some idea of what powers were on the table and how pokemon worked. During night two, I went up to Rolsand, beat his head in like a rotten melon with an iron bar, and then poisoned him just to be sure. I'm very thorough. 

Last night, I attempted to kill Lehki. I don't think anyone will disagree when I say that he was the obvious choice. He is alive because Krackenor blocked me. My pokemon action was also blocked, which I assume was also Krackenor? The message made it sound that way. 
    Ahh, so I owe my extra day of mischief to Krackenor. Irony!
  • Luce said:
    Did nobody pick up Deino yesterday..?
    @Melali's not dead?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (I keep having to sneak away to quiet rooms to reply...)

Goddamn you Lehki!!

The only reason I can think of why we're a match is because he must have guessed correctly that Luce would try pair us to establish whether I really could be trusted or not, and then converted me knowing town would then want to lynch me when Luce declared us a match, taking out the investigator.

@Portius I didn't see Piplup specifically, so whether it was Piplup or another pokemon with Bubblebeam, I can't say for sure. Whoever, whatever it was just engulfed me and Victini in a stream of bubbles, and Lehki's shininess made me think that it was some sort of redirecting effect on any actions/votes I took today.

@Dylara Shininess appeared in my flavour message. On the back of Luce declaring us a match, it now looks to be the cult conversion indicator. I am hoping that killing Lehki gets me back to normal. :-SS

Taking Portius at his word, this would put Salome as the Lunala killer?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Okay! So.

1) Thank you to @Portius for thus far making excellent vigilante choices and for not going wild night 1.

2) @Salome being tracked with a knife after having Portius claim vigilante makes her terribly suspect, especially since her target was our confirmed jailer, @Melali.

3) We know that @Lehki is scum but he can't be daykilled by his and Vivet's admission.

4) We know that @Ushaara and Lehki were a match via Luce, ergo Ushaara is confirmed scum. (I believe Luce on this because sharing a pair is only useful for town, and does not serve his third party win condition; after all, we're going to be offing that pair!)

So Salome and Ushaara are the options for the day's lynch, since Lehki is not a possible choice for the day. Of the two, Ushaara is my choice because of his wild theory-crafting thus far, but I could be persuaded to off Salome. I just think she hasn't participated much in the game (also scummy), making the louder Ushaara my preferred lynch of choice.

Thoughts? Opinions?

What is the metronome going to do???
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    PS: Nothing happened to me last night, or at least, I got no messages suggesting anything happened.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Oh okay, I understand now, I was so confused about your shininess bit! 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm pretty sure Lekhi was blocked last night anyway, so if he was attempting to convert, he should be defanged for now.

• Ushaara said:

Taking Portius at his word, this would put Salome as the Lunala killer?
    You can't ask if killing Lehki will convert you back to normal if you're saying that Salome is the Lunala killer when Vivet was the head of the Lunala cult and Salome's not back to normal. Because that's your answer. It won't. Unless Salome is the killer for a different faction.
  • Sylandra said:
    Okay! So.

1) Thank you to Portius for thus far making excellent vigilante choices and for not going wild night 1.

2) Salome being tracked with a knife after having Portius claim vigilante makes her terribly suspect, especially since her target was our confirmed jailer, @Melali.

3) We know that Lehki is scum but he can't be daykilled by his and Vivet's admission.

4) We know that Ushaara and Lehki were a match via Luce, ergo Ushaara is confirmed scum. (I believe Luce on this because sharing a pair is only useful for town, and does not serve his third party win condition; after all, we're going to be offing that pair!)

So Salome and Ushaara are the options for the day's lynch, since Lehki is not a possible choice for the day. Of the two, Ushaara is my choice because of his wild theory-crafting thus far, but I could be persuaded to off Salome. I just think she hasn't participated much in the game (also scummy), making the louder Ushaara my preferred lynch of choice.

Thoughts? Opinions?

What is the metronome going to do???
    Well technically I never actually admitted that I have daykill. I just pointed out that Vivet said I did. In a pretty desperate attempt to get the vote off of me and onto her.
    Agh, Sylandra, your point (4) - I'm only scum because of stupid cult conversions!

I hate you Lehki. I was already going to have difficulty reestablishing trust after the last Day phase. You just made it impossible. :(
  • I should point out that Cen claimed a switch, possibly bus driver, with Lehki last night. Possible explanations:

Luce matched Ushaara and Cen last night, instead of Ushaara and Lehki. Someone used a doctor power on Lehki, which is why Cen is not dead.

Luce has fabricated his role wholesale and is in fact scum, which I sort of hope is the case because that's just an impossible win condition.

Cen is totally BSing the switch thing, he is scum, Ushaara is scum.
  • @Ushaara: <3 just keep it up.

@Thul: Cen was claiming a redirect of his action to me, not that he was bussed with me. Why wasn't Cen going after me originally though? 'Cus it looked like almost everybody else was that night
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'll actually say that the flavour of my role's power suggests that I don't leave my room or act directly on either party, so it may circumvent bus driving shenanigans. Specifically, I use social media profiles to determine a potential match and to actually make the match happen.
  • I don't think Cen claimed a switch. Cen claimed what happened to him last night is what happened to him the first night. He was walking in one direction, then was redirected to a different target. Zubat does this, but he's not in the game right now. Maybe another Pokemon out there with something Supersonic-like. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ushaara said:
    Agh, Sylandra, your point (4) - I'm only scum because of stupid cult conversions!

I hate you Lehki. I was already going to have difficulty reestablishing trust after the last Day phase. You just made it impossible. :(
    Let me reiterate: Lekhi's actions were blocked last night. He did -nothing-. If you were converted, it was before last night.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Of course Ushaara is scum. He outed Melali while protecting Weiwae and Weiwae was complacent in Ushaaras claim.

I did nothing last night because I forgot about that trainer card thing. My bad team. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I don't want to lynch or even get a serious train going until more people get a chance to report in. Ignorance is bad. That having been said, my thinking at this stage is as follows:

1. Killing Lehki probably kills Ushaara. Killing Ushaara probably kills Lehki.
    1A. If both are scum, this makes killing them very action-efficient.

2. Ushaara can protect himself at night with Victini.
    2A. If we want to kill Ushaara, we should do it with a lynch (or a daykill if someone has one)
    2B. Ushaara might opt to protect someone else instead (I think.) This makes vigkilling anyone on his team risky.

3. Lehki has a reasonable chance of being immune to lynches.
    3A. If we want Lehki to die, I probably have to vig him at night.
    3B. I have consistently gotten names when people have interacted with me at night. Mafia probably cannot block me without revealing a member (if they have a blocker of some kind) which means a kill will probably be successful.

4. Lehki and Ushaara are probably members of the same cult.
    4A. Wiping out an entire faction removes their kill/conversion from the game. Assuming Weiwae was also in their faction, killing both might be enough to end it.
    4B. It's better to pick a kill that wipes out an enemy faction than not because it reduces attrition on the town.
    4C. If we want to kill them both, we either lynch Ushaara or vigkill Lehki.

5. Salome sounds like she's probably scum.
    5A. Salome has no known protection powers, but she might have some that are unknown.

Based on all of that: I think we should probably lynch Ushaara. It's better to kill two than one, and it might wipe a faction. I'm not confident of that, but I think there is a chance of it, and that's a pretty valuable chance. Lynching Ushaara is more likely to succeed than either lynching or vigkilling Lehki because it lets us bypass the chance of protection.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Sylandra - How did you get this information about me targeting Melai? I was out of my cabin, but I wasn't looking to kill anyone. I actually expected Lehki or Ushaara to be targeting them, which is why I showed up - I figured I could use my pokemon's power to heal someone if I managed to see a body. Or at least alert others that something had happened, but all I saw was an empty room. Kind of silly on my part, I guess I just can't spot plots as well as the rest of you.

I don't think that's really lynchable though, the other night I was in my cabin. And I helped someone out with my pokemon power. Thus far, I have seen mostly Lehki and Ushaara doing most of the dirty deeds. In fact, I'll vote Ushaara.

Vote: Ushaara

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:
    @Sylandra - How did you get this information about me targeting Melai? I was out of my cabin, but I wasn't looking to kill anyone. I actually expected Lehki or Ushaara to be targeting them, which is why I showed up - I figured I could use my pokemon's power to heal someone if I managed to see a body. Or at least alert others that something had happened, but all I saw was an empty room. Kind of silly on my part, I guess I just can't spot plots as well as the rest of you.

I don't think that's really lynchable though, the other night I was in my cabin. And I helped someone out with my pokemon power. Thus far, I have seen mostly Lehki and Ushaara doing most of the dirty deeds. In fact, I'll vote Ushaara.

Othero said he saw you out and about with a knife.

I think for now, I'm going to Unvote

and Vote: Ushaara

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Salome said:
    @Sylandra - How did you get this information about me targeting Melai? I was out of my cabin, but I wasn't looking to kill anyone. I actually expected Lehki or Ushaara to be targeting them, which is why I showed up - I figured I could use my pokemon's power to heal someone if I managed to see a body. Or at least alert others that something had happened, but all I saw was an empty room. Kind of silly on my part, I guess I just can't spot plots as well as the rest of you.

Everyone is out with a knife when everyone is trying to kill everyone else. My knife was purely for defense. :/
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    @Salome still rings some alarm bells for me but I'm going to Vote: Ushaara.

Let's see what happens next.
    Daraius said:
  • Vote: Ushaara

Two birds with one stone.

Salome said:
    Dylara said:
    Salome said:

Everyone is out with a knife when everyone is trying to kill everyone else. My knife was purely for defense. :/
    Lying at this point is just ugly.
  • Am I the only one not utterly convinced Ushaara's scum here?

Mmm. @Ushaara, who did you investigate?

Also, odds that Lehki's day immunity is BS?
  • Salome said:
    Dylara said:
    Salome said:
    Sylandra - How did you get this information about me targeting Melai? I was out of my cabin, but I wasn't looking to kill anyone. I actually expected Lehki or Ushaara to be targeting them, which is why I showed up - I figured I could use my pokemon's power to heal someone if I managed to see a body. Or at least alert others that something had happened, but all I saw was an empty room. Kind of silly on my part, I guess I just can't spot plots as well as the rest of you.

I'm always walk around in the middle of the night with a knife too. Don't think anybody is buying the bluff.

You guys sure you don't wanna off the likely killer instead of the instead a crazy little theorycrafter?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Going to point out that I still don't know whether my power gives the two-for-one portion of lovers, just makes them fall madly in love with one another.

I'm also not sure whether we should go after Weiwei or Salome now and hit Ush and Lekhi some other time (since we know where they'll be.)

Either way, I'm going to wait for Metronome to go off before voting, just in case.

I investigated Phoebus. And man Silvanus just continues to lie. When the trainer card image didn't copy for me on night 2 Tremula reminded me it was missing. Don't buy that rubbish for a second. What's the vote count?
  • Luce said:
    Going to point out that I still don't know whether my power gives the two-for-one portion of lovers, just makes them fall madly in love with one another.

I'm also not sure whether we should go after Weiwei or Salome now and hit Ush and Lekhi some other time (since we know where they'll be.)

Either way, I'm going to wait for Metronome to go off before voting, just in case.

@Luce: Weiwae went 

BOOM!

He dead.