the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Vote Alex 1
  • For posterity's sake, my question was: I just love flying through the air on the SS Anne, don't you?

Alec1 - Uh...I don't recall.

Alec2 - OH IT'S A TRICK BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY A LUXURY CRUISE LINER.
  • Krackenor said:
    For posterity's sake, my question was: I just love flying through the air on the SS Anne, don't you?

Alec1 - Uh...I don't recall.

Alec2 - OH IT'S A TRICK BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY A LUXURY CRUISE LINER.

If Alec2 is the right one why is it that Alec1 knows a ton of other trivia but wouldn't know this. I hope we get something out of this because if this event was only designed to punish us if we choose wrong it will only be more annoying.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As you all lay your fault against the first Alec in his absence of knowledge and strange questions, Shaymin launches his first barrage of seeds at the ground beneath the two. Forced to leap away from each other, Sylandra is the first to gasp and quickly point to the Alec who had stood on Shaymin's left, shouting, "That's Zor--"

A glowing ball of seeds quickly shoots past Krackenor's head, slamming into the hind leg of Zoroark as he reverts to his original shape and attempts to sprint away on all fours. He stumbles and falls, and Shaymin takes to the sky to finish launching seed bomb after seed bomb at the prone opponent. When the dust clears, Zoroarks eyes spin back into his head and he drops to the ground, clearly unconscious.

Before any of you can fully react, a pokeball smacks into the ground near his body, opening and enveloping the fallen illusionist in a bright flare of red light. He is sucked in and the ball wiggles once, twice, and thrice before stopping with a click. Alec steps forward and picks up the ball, glaring at it before his expression softens.

"He did it because of us. Maybe this Expedition was a mistake...maybe humans can't do anything but cause destruction." Shaymin nudges at his leg, but rather than perking up as he normally would, the Champion pockets the ball and calls out, "Whoever wants this guy can have him. I don't want anything to do with him."

As he turns his attention back towards Ushaara, you notice that Shaymin positively glows with vitality, scampering about all those gathered and trailing the light behind him. "Turns out Zoroark was interfering with what was going on on the train. Making noises and damaging Pokemon, swapping targets and keeping Pokemon from evolving..." He wrinkles his nose and looks at Ushaara closely before turning away, "I hope you're right about this."

All Pokemon have received one experience point from the defeat and capture of Zoroark.

Zoruark is defeated, and his rampage is over! Night actions will work 100% as planned from now on, with no interference from the dastardly Pokemon.

Zoroark, a Dark type, is now available for trade from the Champion's car.

The Imposter Event is over, and play continues as regular!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Right.

Vote: Ushaara

Since I believe that was what we were doing when Zoroark decided to play havoc with our little lynch party?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I will trade for Zoroark
  • I'm pretty sure trading can only happen during specific trading events (like yesterday)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yeah what's the vote count again?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ah, a shame if that is true. Was not how I read the event but that is probably true.
  • Btw, it's a bit late now, but I asked Alec what Pokemon were in his possession to be traded, and this was his answer:

1 - I've been completely open about all the Pokemon I've in my cabin, except for the ones you didn't already know. 

2 - A Purrloin, Munna, Sandshrew, Zubat, and three that I'm keeping secret so no one tries to do something crazy with them.

Anyway, I'm also fine with voting off Ushaara. However, let me first put forth a list of those still alive, so that some scum can't fly under the radar.

Sylandra, Dylara, Thul, Ushaara, Othero, Luce, Phoebus, Allyrianne, Krackenor, Portius, Kalaneya, Ssaliss, Salome, Cyndarin, Silvanus, Lehki, Cen, Kaimanahi

Aside from that, Vivet was the only Mafia (look at the list on the front page for people's titles), so we should look into her allies eventually.
    Vote Count -

Lehki: 1 (Ssaliss)
    Salome: 1 (Allyrianne)
    Ushaara: 8 (Salome, Dylara, Othero, Sylandra, Silvanus, Kaimanahi, Kalaneya, Ileein)

With 20 trainers alive, it's 11 to lynch!

• Sorry, refresh my memory; why are we going for Ushaara instead of Lehki?
  • We think Lehki is immune to daykills.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Fair enough. I'm happy to punish Ushaara for yesterday.

Vote Ushaara
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Reviewing some stuff before the lynch is finalized. Let's not forget about this! (So you're a tracker and a watcher, Othero? I'm a little confused on that, but ok.)
    Othero said:
    Actually, after reviewing the thread I feel safe just saying it. I followed Salome last night on the thinking that they had been quiet and it was their first mafia game, really common for beginner scum to clam up. I followed them to Melali's cabin, Salome pulled out a knife, Melali was not in the cabin, and Salome's night action failed. Considering a knife in the back is how someone tried killing me I'm thinking we have one of the mafia.
    And also, did this ever happen?
    Kalaneya said:

Just so you know, Sweet Scent is going to happen at some point today. It's a power that matches up a Pokemon with its trainer. It's random which Pokemon/trainer combo gets revealed. 

Mawile blocked all Pokemon actions today, I think, according to @Allyrianne.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Mawile blocked all Pokemon actions today, I think, according to @Allyrianne.
    I thought it was all aggressive actions? I wouldn't consider Sweet Scent to be aggressive, but maybe it's being interpreted as such for this game.
  • No idea. My Pokemon did it though. If it doesn't happen, at least my cabin smells nice.
    I read the post where Fake Tears went through again, and it says "no more direct offencive [sic] actions may be taken for the day." Doesn't sound like a random reveal would be subject to that block.
  • So, wait... Zoroark was just a loose pokemon? He didn't have a trainer giving him orders? Because that's kind of what it sounds like. Which sucks. It's difficult enough to try to account for all player actions without throwing in random NPC pokemon.

At least we know who's been redirecting me. Good riddance to that guy.
  • Mmm, one late, it looks like, but Vote: Ushaara anyway.

plz 2 be dying 2nite lehki kthx
  • I still maintain that Lehki is either A) not immune to lynches, or B) not scum. Otherwise, we could end up in a situation where we simply could not win.
    There are still day actions queued. Not all effects fire immediately.

• I'd be willing to take a risk on Lehki being not lynch-immune. Definitely scum. He self-revealed. There was ham.

...I'm quite jealous of the ham. It looks like so much fun.
  • So is this day over?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• We've got enough votes, but there are still day actions queued apparently? I'm a bit confused.

But I'm sick of missing out on the lynch-train due to timezone so I'm gonna Vote: Ushaara as a show of solidarity, team!!
  • Krackenor said:
    Lehki said:
    Krackenor said:
    Alec1 could not answer a simple trick question, but Alec2 answered in a very non-Alec manner
    Could you expand on that some?

For you? Nope. For the others, I'll c/p it when I am at an actual computer
    Aw, so mean. /sniffle

Also clearly any self-implicating declarations that I made yesterday were just the Zoroark trying to cause trouble. Right, Alec?

Ssaliss said:
    I still maintain that Lehki is either A) not immune to lynches, or B) not scum. Otherwise, we could end up in a situation where we simply could not win.
    I'm just gonna say that you should definitely not take everything Vivet declared at face value. I bring that up because I'm still pointing the finger at Sylandra. None of her claimed powers can really be verified, unless you try to kill her like I wanted. :p