Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes, I am still here, just now on my own. 

Time to return some pressure and get some answers. VOTE YARITH because he has some explaining to do.

• I'm not entirely sure how I have explaining to do. I've been transparent the entire game since the first day.

I'm a little wary of a duel-based attack, but it looks like these things happen the night after so if I do end up being the first night death I'm confident it will be traced back.
    I accept your challenge, Ssaliss! We fight for Spellcards! Prepare for my final card! Blazing shards of a shattered star!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lavinya said:
    Yes, I am still here, just now on my own. 

Time to return some pressure and get some answers. VOTE YARITH because he has some explaining to do.
    -hug Lavi-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• If there is an arsonist, which I'm not ruling out, I'd figure that they're separate from the rest of the scum. So it's still curious why we have seen no night kills at all.

And I would also really like to hear some more about what lead you to arsonist, @Falmiis
  • I am also wary of spell card battles given their now confirmed risk. We just don't know how much was revealed or acted upon during those first few days.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Why is Yarith suspicious?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I had thought perhaps Yarith might speak up and clear my suspicions, but no.

Last night I searched for treasure. I discovered Breandryn is holding something, and that Yarith has Siam's pagoda. I think it's hard to lie out of that one - Siam said he lost it because Yarith blocked him when he tried to use his power. Yarith confirmed he blocked Siam because he was suspicious. What he hasn't revealed but I gave him a brief chance to, is that Siam was being honest because Yarith now has the pagoda. I can't think of any reason to not bring it up unless Yarith is scum. Revealing it would confirm Siam was telling the truth and help to point our suspicions in the right direction. Since we have such limited information on those stumped, any little tidbit is vital information to town. 

He could also explain to us exactly how the pagoda works, and whether or not he can use it. Instead, nothing. Very suspicious in my books.

• I thought it was pretty obvious given that Siam explained the way the pagoda worked. I wasn't confirmed as holding it until the end of the last night phase, but it should have been clear that I was given the pagoda.

Further, I was given no description as to how it works or how to use it, merely that I am in possession of the object. 
    All I know is that I have the pagoda and that I may use it once. Given that it was described as a protector-like ability and I am a jailer, I saw no need to use it just yet.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Err- rather, the start of the night phase.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote: Yarith

I believe in pressuring. Also, @Yarith was pretty gung-ho about the Siam train for someone who happened to possess the pagoda. If I were a town, I had the pagoda, and I wanted to discuss Siam's potential mafia-ness, I'd point out that I had the pagoda and why. Unless I had nefarious reasons not to.

I dunno, something isn't adding up for me.

Re: @Ssaliss, I haven't dueled because I gain nothing from dueling and haven't had a convincing duel request. Only one person has attempted to duel me thus far, and if you will recall, that person was you (Frankly you've been a bit too duel-happy for me to think you're not gaining something from all the duels!). That said, I'm not inherently against duels at this point in the game and depending on my adversary, I'll accept.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Because I had absolutely no idea that I had a pagoda until the start of the night phase. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm just going to go ahead and drop my Vote: Yarith again. I had it yesterday and I'm going to have it today, too. I refuse to believe you have no information you could share with us, even to provide context clues, about your previous visitors after reading more of Kiradawea's writing and knowing her mod style. Not being forthcoming about that, and then this whole 'I don't know how to use it or what it is, but it's a protector type power' rings suspicious as balls.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Also want to point out that Tamashi's reveal shows @Tremulla's power most certainly was designed to oppose him, making me think (right or wrong!) that it is most likely she started the game as town. If I were designing this game, I would put Tremula's power in town's hands rather than another faction, as it's more defensively oriented. Pure speculation, but worth mentioning, I think.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm. Did Yarith mention who they jailed last night? That's usually shared early on, but I think it hasn't been mentioned or I'm just being dense and missing it.
  • Nah, nobody has spoken up about it yet.
    Possibly whoever got jailed didn't take an action, too, in which case they might not see themselves being jailed.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Oh, I was jailed by a big hugging ogre

So it was me.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Sylandra said:
    ... Frankly you've been a bit too duel-happy for me to think you're not gaining something from all the duels!
    I've already pointed out that I gain something from duels. Several times, in fact. Short version: Without dueling, I'm essentially just a vanilla townie.
    Breandryn said:
    Darn, so much for my lovers theory.

I'm wondering if the news post about Weiwae is saying that he's another mafia. If he attempted to convert Kalaneya and failed, that would explain the other post about them being together, but her being unaware.

Alternatively, the reporter could be against us and throwing us bad info...
    Here's how I read it: the reporter is suspicious of Weiwae, and therefore thinks Unknown Person #1 who was using sneaky whispers on Weiwae is possibly town, since the suspicions against Weiwae based on his previous behavior seemed valid.

So is Weiwae mafia? Who knows, he's just been playing a bit weird, and more than one person seems to think so.

But when and if the person who knocked Weiwae down a vote yesterday is revealed, Aya can confirm or deny that person's identity, or reveal it eventually if they feel it is necessary to do so.

Ssaliss said:
    Sylandra said:
    ... Frankly you've been a bit too duel-happy for me to think you're not gaining something from all the duels!
    I've already pointed out that I gain something from duels. Several times, in fact. Short version: Without dueling, I'm essentially just a vanilla townie.
    Oh gosh. You're right. Today's been a long day, and this game is a very big game. Too many people to keep track of. T_T

Can we get a master list of who has claimed what? Every time I try I get distracted.
    Daraius said:
  • @Yarith, why the spellcard bet? I've already explained that it's a seriously bad deal for me, and you haven't really pointed any fingers my way, so I'm rather puzzled by why you'd pick that bet over the other bets.
  • I mean...you did go for a spellcard duel immediately after we had it mod-confirmed that they were risky before any discussion could take place. You shouldn't be surprised that some people might want to shut that down.
  • You mean the "immunity to death by spellcard duels"? My assumption is that that's related to Last Words, and it'd be pretty obvious if someone used it. In addition, odds are it's not that prevalent a power, and that it's limited in use.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm. So besides Synkarin getting jailed, was anyone aware of anything else noteworthy occurring to them?

I am a bit curious why Synkarin was selected for jailing.

• Because heye's the best, I suppose.
  • malice cannon activate
  • @Ssaliss The modpost for daybreak specifically said exhibition matches cannot be made today. So I chose Spellcards as the contest, given there were already votes on me.

Because, Imma be honest, there's not very much to go off of when it comes to me selecting who to jail.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Just to be clear, I took no actions tonight and had no actions taken against me as far as I know.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, Ssaliss is gung-ho about duelling, but with a decent reason, Falmiis is doing his "Hi, there's an Arsonist, goodbye." bit like he's the Stan Lee of firebugs, and Yarith's detainees are all over the place. And in all of that, we SHOULD have had a death by now.