Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I did nothing last night, nor experienced anything I was aware of. The doll thing kind of confuses me - I have to assume it was some sort of "kill" immunity going off.

I'm very curious about what's going on with Luce. This seems a little different than before - effectively voting for everyone is not the same as losing one's vote. This also seems a bit different from whatever made Weiwae paranoid.

• It looks like Iosion had a one-shot lynch immunity, yeah
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Also uh, what was Falmiis doing to Weiwae? Doctor stuff? Because it sounded sketch.

PS: I can't tell if the "tomorrow" refers to yesterday's dayphase or this dayphase. Should the arsonist have been tracked by now? I want to knowwww who it isssss, gah.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • This lack of night deaths is seriously getting to me. And I feel like the way it works is that Aya gets to pick an investigation target, and submit a report to be read in the morning at the same time. So she would have wrote that report last night, and also investigated who she suspected who the arsonist is. We won get that report until the next night though.  Unless they reveal themselves today, that is.

• I'm on my phone, so won't do a long post. I'll probably reveal when I get home, but for now I'll just do this:

@Ushaara! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!

(also, pretend it's bolded. Darn phone)
  • Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee.
    I visited Melali last night. 
    So suspenseful for that!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Actually Yarith could we get a list of everybody you jailed each night?
  • Sure thing. I'm not sure if night 1 is the first acting night or if that's night 0 or whatever so I'll just order them in terms of actions I took (and I acted each night without being blocked so)..

First jail: Siam
    Second Jail: Cyndarin 
    Third Jail: Siam
    Fourth Jail: Synkarin
    Fifth Jail: Melali

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Night 0 was the first acting night. 

So wait, Cyndarin was blocked on Night 1. I had assumed the vote losses we saw on Synkarin on Day 1 and Luce on Day 2 were from Cyndarin's vote stealing power, but it couldn't have been her the second day if she was jailed that night?
  • If the first night I can act was Night 0 then yeah, I blocked Cyndarin night 1. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Could be a day ability? Oh though I guess not since the day started that way. I was thinking of how my executioner power worked, hm. So there might be another vote stealer among us?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lehki said:
    Wait so, was that doll yesterday one of Iosion's power?
    While I can't confirm that it was Iosion's power, I can confirm that it was A power that activated, granting Iosion protection against being lynched.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I was indeed hug-attacked by a giant teddybear, though I did not catch its name. Considering that Yarith knows that I was jailed, though, that proves to me that she's the jailer and thus did not start out as Mafia.

Anyway, I tried to use my ability last night, but was jailed. Additionally, the ability was the same as the one I've used every night that we could have used night abilities.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Re: Luce - could maybe be something like how Tremula said her echo shield could be powered up with use? 

@Ssaliss I'd be more comfortable accepting after your reveal, since as mentioned before, I gain nothing from duels, and I don't like that info asymmetry. But what do you want to duel for? 
  • Either vote or resilience would work for me. Also, for the record, I also gain from forfeits.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Honestly, this feels like a powering up of the sickness and the paranoia power. We've only seen one each day, and we just had it proved that it's not because of Ratatoskr. I thought it was Cirno, but Cirno is Synkarin and was jailed one of the nights.
  • Luce said:
    Honestly, this feels like a powering up of the sickness and the paranoia power. We've only seen one each day, and we just had it proved that it's not because of Ratatoskr. I thought it was Cirno, but Cirno is Synkarin and was jailed one of the nights.
    And the powering up nature of is making me suspect that spell card battles are involved...
  • Okay, so, reveal time. I was honestly hoping to wait longer before I reveal, but I think I need to at this point for the benefit of town.

I am Alice. This much you knew already. I am a puppeteer, which is also something that isn't too far-fetched.

When I win a duel (and forfeits count as wins, but not losses) I create a doll of the opponent. This doll has a one-shot of the opponents ability. Yes, this means I've got a copy of Sylandras ability (I can reveal it, if she gives permission and others push for it) as well as a one-shot strongman kill from Vivet. I almost revealed during day two, and would've had she not used it during the day.

As for Lehki and Breandryn, they had no powers I could copy. I was, however, told that I wouldn't get a power from everyone. I leave it to you all to argue about what that means.

And that brings me to Ushaara. Hopefully I'll be able to farm him for coroner/survey (it did work for Vivet's one-shot, after all), but we'll see after the duel.
  • Oh, right, and I also got a one-shot jailing from Yarith. So that's confirmed.
  • Kinda makes sense that a doll copying my power wouldn't really work be useful.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So is Ssaliss responsible for the Iosion doll?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Nope, I had nothing to do with Iosion.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lehki said:
    Kinda makes sense that a doll copying my power wouldn't really work be useful.
    What exactly is this meant to mean? Like, mine would be difficult for two reasons, first he'd need to beat me and second I don't have active powers unless you count my last word, which would be hilarious.

Also Unvote. Vote: Everyone. You're all a basket of losers.
  • Mostly just commenting on the flavor of it.
  • Luce said:
    Honestly, this feels like a powering up of the sickness and the paranoia power. 
    Like...an arsonist priming...?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Arsonist wouldn't target the same person twice if they were smart.
    So that's why you pushed hard about it I have other powers or not, @Ssaliss. Interesting. I really don't like how overpowered your skill is in that there's no way to avoid giving you powers when you challenge someone, but that's neither here nor there.

I wonder, does the ability stack if we both use it? I'm guessing you didn't inherit the execution, but the other one.
    Daraius said:
  • Yeah, just the other one. And honestly, I have no idea. I kinda guess it would though?
  • Also, that overpoweredness is the reason I didn't come out sooner about it. At this point, I'm kinda assuming they've already recruited the people they want to. Plus, if I didn't reveal now, we'd lose the chance to get more surveys and coroner reports (not that I can assure you I'll get those, but I'm guessing I will).

Also, in case there are any people doubting that I'm town, keep in mind that I've got a strongman kill from Vivet, and I could've used it during the night. I obviously haven't.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok, I'll make a confession

Obviously at no fault of my own because Eye'm the smartest, I misunderstood how my powers worked. 

I've been the one freezing people and preventing them from voting, but I also thought that when I froze someone a second time (like I did Luce) that they would vote -for everyone- , thinking they would single handedly decide who to lynch on a given day. This is obviously super strong (but Eye'm the strongest) and obviously super wrong. 

So oops. 

so here's my actions
    freeze me
    freeze luce
    freeze Yarith (but he was not affected)
    jailed
    freeze luce second time.

I can't freeze anyone a third time.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.