Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Weiwae said:
    Is Luce really voting for three people?
    Synkarin's power did an oops.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lehki said:
    Before you guys finish the vote I could still use some suggestions on what to ask tonight?

maybe...do the cult converts keep their original powers?
  • Is there any tell that someone sees it they are marked by the arsonist?
  • Seems figuring out how to find the seemingly invisible arsonist is the main concern. Kira had said she'll try to answer the spirit of the question instead of the exact wording of it, so I might be able to get away a get away with a general question like, "Is there designed counter to the arsonist?"
  • Really don't like the idea of taking too vague a tack with the arsonist question to Kira.  It'd be too easy to punish fishing like that with an equally vague answer.  I'd favor something that helps identify them, like who can detect or whether they have secondary powers over the mechanics of their abilities, unless we have some reason to believe the arsonist's death could trigger their targets.

I am curious to see what Ssaliss picked up ability-wise from the duel.  I'm prepared to push through the vote with one of my bonus votes if it was something particularly suspicious but I am still kind of flying by the seat of my pants on the backlog.

• Kira has been pretty good about telling me when a question is too vague or broad and I need to narrow it down more. I'll go for something more specific if she doesn't like that one. And I really doubt that there is a tell to the arsonist, or somebody would have picked up on it by now.

And there's no need to spend your bonus yet, I can still vote, I just wanted input on what to ask first. Personally I think Othero had been pretty honest about his powers, though was a bit defensive, so I'm not entirely sure either way about him. If he isn't town though, I don't think we lose anything crucial by mislynching him. None of his powers seem all that useful to town.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What bothers me mainly is the lack of night abilities. It means he's unaccounted for every night. That, on top of him not being characteristically on top of figuring out who's town or not, makes me suspicious.

I'm very curious to see how Ssaliss's second duel with him goes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Shortly after his forfeit I got a message from Kira saying he had no power to give me. As I said though, that in and of itself doesn't prove anything, since I doubt I would inherit his arson power. I leave it up to everyone to make their own judgement on it.
  • Yeh, I'm gonna go ahead and

Vote: Othero

Sorry if we're wrong dude. Not that we'd be able to tell, since 3 outta 5 scum won't flip right now.
  • Well, guess I'll help move things along.

Vote: Othero
  • My personal guess is that he'll flip as survivor. We'll see soon enough though.
  • Nope, still a really bad town player. I suck at this game when I'm not scum or have a night power.
  • Though I will say, and this obviously hurts me, if you trust Ssaliss look at people who he is not getting powers from. I'd expect him to not be able to pull powers from the OG mafia players.
  • Votecount:

Othero: Luce, Lavinya, Ssaliss, Synkarin, Yarith, Sylandra, Krackenor, Weiwae, Lehki, Breandryn (10)
    Zitto: Luce, Ssaliss (2)
    Sylandra: Luce, Othero (2)

That's a lynch

What to do about Othero. The vast majority wants him away, but at the same time his terrifying demeanor is, well, terrifying. That constant smile. That polite attitude. Clearly Othero must be hiding a scary secret.

Luckily, the group doesn't have to actually do anything. The issue resolves itself when Othero calmly and politely informs the group that he no longer feels welcome here, that it's interfering with his work on the plants and that he has no further interest in spending time here. He turns on his heels and calmly leaves the shrine and everyone else behind.

Othero has been lynched.

It is now night 5. Night 5 lasts for 48 hours, or until I've received all night actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Dawn is approaching. Results of night actions are being sent out.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited October 2016
    All good things must come to an end. After so many nights with no more sabotage being performed, today sees the loss of not one, but three different individuals. As everyone gathers up to resume the repairs of the shrine, Weiwae, Sylandra and Falmiis all fail to show up. At least you can still call them, but the party of volunteer workers for the shrine is rapidly dwindling. You're down to almost half party, and while you're still sure that you've got some leeway in mistakes, the pressure on those present to perform is real. Well, except for Melali. He's down with the flu.

Welcome to Gensokyo's Day 6

Today's news:
    Weiwae, Sylandra and Falmiis have all been eliminated by arsonist ignition
    Melali is unable to vote today

Finally, a copy of today's Bunbunmaru news has been delivered to the shrine for everyone to read.

----------
    Arsonist Suicidal! Douses self with Gasoline!

How tragic it is when someone succumbs to despair. When the demons who dwell within consume a person to such an extent that they desire to no longer walk among the demons who dwell without (many whom are subscribers to Bunbunmaru, I see!) and seek to end it all in a fiery display. I speak, of course, of our elusive arsonist...

FALMIIS!!!!!

Yes, loyal readers, I carefully followed Falmiis the night before last as I had a hunch...nay, I was CERTAIN...that he was the elusive arson we've all been so worried about. As it turns out, he made it easy for me; I didn't even have to leave the bushes outside his home! This dastardly evildoer spent all night inside, fussing about with herbs and salves and tonics, all of which I can only conclude are devastatingly combustible. And then I saw him apply one of these flammable materials to his skin! That poor, tormented, murderer. I can only feel sorrow for him.

But alas, I can only spare so much sympathy, for the news always continues to flow! I head out once more to see what I can find about this vast conspiracy led by the elusive Shrine Maiden. Who shall I follow tonight, loyal readers...who indeed?

Until tomorrow,
    Aya Shameimaru
    ------

It is now day 6 in Gensokyo. With 13 volunteers, 12 of which are voting capable, it's 7 to lynch.
  • Someone robbed me during the night.
  • Unfortunately, there are no police officers in Gensokyo.

Well there was this one girl from the third game, but we don't talk about that game.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Did...did Falmiis pull one over on us? I'm dubious about trusting the news report, and I really don't want to see that we lost our doctor. I've never played with an arsonist who managed to get their ability off, are they going to continue now if it wasn't Falmiis? 

If anyone feels like sharing what they did last night, we can start to settle on who is or isn't (in case Falmiis' name is cleared). A Chatty Cathy took up my night, so no arson'ing ensued from me.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Just a reminder that Falmiis had devil cards. :(  But now I am dead and I seek Reimu in the after-life.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hmm, if Krackenor is telling the truth, then Lehki's presentation of the arsonist as a solo killer based on the questions he asked Kira is somewhat suspect, since Falmiis should have flipped. So confused...

What/who were you investigating all the other nights Weiwae?

(also, a heads-up will be out of action for 24hrs or so)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I robbed Breandryn. I also had doubts about Falmiis because of stealing the pagoda and knowing its power - which no one so much as asked about. I have been a bit distracted lately and could have pushed it harder but Othero still bothered me. 

Now what? I have an item I can use on a stump but i have no idea what it does so I'm hesitant. 

• How likely do you think that the arsonist 1) would kill themselves and 2) didn't flip after they killed themselves?
    I think that the pagoda will likely resurrect a stump. Falmiis has a point, if the arsonist had killed themselves they would have flipped due to losing (unless they won because they detonated certain people). If the pagoda does, I'd very much like to have our doctor back...so...

I don't know, I'm floating it as an idea. What do we think?

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Anyway, I was the one to block Tremula, but am now wondering what were you trying to do last night that you noticed the block anyway, @Tremula?

I blocked you because I was sceptical about echo shield being your only ability, and that you noticed the block confirms you were trying to take some night action.

I'm finding it hard to believe that you were using echo shield, since if its only effect is to boost spell cards then you'd be fine activating it if challenged during the day phase.

Not 100% proof of guilt, sure, and admit it is quite possible you started as town, but do think you're now withholding information.

----

I'd guess that if the item can be used on a stump, it might be another coroner power? Maybe @Breandryn knows, since you robbed him?
    That's an easy question to answer. You may have noticed that I only have only used one spellcard in this game so far, and that's because I only began the game with one - the Sutras of the Gate. 

Each night during the game, I may venture out through the 'Gate' and attempt to discover a new spellcard. It may be better or worse than a spellcard I already own, and it can have a variety of effects that already exist within the game. I've been trying to discover some of the 'Last Word' effects within the game, but so far I've only come across neutral spellcards. I've been hoping to find something more incriminating that would implicate an arsonist or other suspicious third-party anti-town roles, but I would be glad to share the three I've found so far, withholding strength and typings so the owners aren't put out.

There is the Sutras of the Gates, which you know, but I also have found:

Rush of Daggers (replaced night before last)
    Recitation of Blessings (still owned)

--and this suspicious one--

Reflection of Buddha's Diamond (still in inventory, was to be replaced last night)

You'll note yesterday I no longer fought against the idea that the remaining cult was religion-based, because I discovered the Buddha's Diamond card, and it's a fairly powerful (albeit neutral) card.

• I opted to use my commuter power last night after some thought. Dunno if I had been marked by the arsonist but still glad I choose last night.

I'm not buying that Falmiis is the arsonist. It just sounds like Aya is sticking to her narrative from the previous report that she knew who the arsonist was, but all she saw was Falmiis I'm guessing doctoring himself the previous night?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Did the news person get converted?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I think they're just staying in character as basically a tabloid writer more or less. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lavinya said:
    I robbed Breandryn. I also had doubts about Falmiis because of stealing the pagoda and knowing its power - which no one so much as asked about. I have been a bit distracted lately and could have pushed it harder but Othero still bothered me. 

Now what? I have an item I can use on a stump but i have no idea what it does so I'm hesitant. 
    Why are you still on about someone stealing that thing!? Siam most likely dropped it when he tried and failed to use it, and it got picked up by someone else. That was my understanding of Siam's explanation of the stupid pagoda from the day he revealed that he had lost the stupid thing, and at this point it's just a giant ball of confusion.

Seriously. Siam dropped the Pagoda and it got found, and unless Siam himself says that's not how the thing works I'm voting to lynch the next person who so much as thinks about accusing anyone of stealing the stupid pagoda.