The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Getting mentioned seems to be more indicative of being involved in the game, if we're going off of Xeii/Meridian.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    None of us know for sure who's in the game. I only made the speculative Terentia comment because that was my interpretation of the flavour post.

Lolly's Memoirs reflect a new timeline where stuff that happened to Krokano now seemingly happened to Terentia.

Bolding terenti in the memoirs implied to me that in this timeline Terentia survived long enough to shard. However, since game-wise we're ages before Lolly gets around to writing her memoirs, if she were in the game, she could still be killed by the Soulless.

My conclusion was that it was unlikely she's in the game. Might Lolly's memoirs update again to remove references to terenti? Certainly possible, but I'd question the point of rewriting Lolly's memoirs umpteen times.

Though again, as has already been shown, several (most!) of my theories are usually way off, so maybe Terentia is here!
  • So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Othero said:
    So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
    I'm just brainstorming, but is it possible that...

• The Soulless are not an organized group like a true mafia
    • The Soulless can't kill each other
    • Some of the Soulless have kill methods and others don't

I mean it's unlikely but I figured it's worth mentioning as a plausible idea. Silvanus does seem tricky enough to do something like that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's possible. IIRC, Crazen can use his tentacles to masquerade as someone else, possibly hiding in plain sight or luring someone to their death. I might be mixed up here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Bus driver would make sense if they're all one Soulless mafia group. Alternatively, there are two mafia groups, and they can't kill each other. Orrr the mafia can't kill the SK.

Hmmmmm. I guess it's possible that some Soulless are third party and not mafia? But the way the win condition is phrased makes me doubt this.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I wonder then if Illith is the lead Soulless, as She is the most powerful unless Keph splits Her in half. Maybe She is only not dead because She is immune to night kills? Good work if it was a bus driver, keep quiet for now but remember the names of those You bussed, in case there will be a better time to speak, unless We come to the consensus that sharing now would be better. 

(I am very unused to being town)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Okay, so, assuming Othero is telling the truth about seeing Kethuru and Illith attack each other, we have a few possibilities

1. The Soulless are not an organized mafia group; they don't know who other Soulless are and can just attack whoever, which might be another Soulless, and are in no contact with other Soulless
    2. Illith is considered part of the Soulless mafia and Kethuru is an SK, and Illith and Kethuru are equal enough in might that they can't kill each other
    3. Illith is considered part of the Soulless mafia and Kethuru is an SK, but Illith is immune to night kills
    4. Illith is considered part of the Soulless mafia and Kethuru is an SK, but all Soulless are immune to night kiills

There might be other possibilities but... yay lists.
  • Othero said:
    So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
    That is incredibly interesting. Did you happen to follow or watch the battle directly, or was it a more general soulless sense?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This is all well and good, but what are the chances two SK/Mafia people ran into each other last night? Just dumb luck?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yomoigu said:
    Othero said:
    That is incredibly interesting. Did you happen to follow or watch the battle directly, or was it a more general soulless sense?
    It's soulless sense. I get some info on what happens at night. It's a little random.
  • Well, I have no news from last night, definitely did not notice anybody trying to doctor me.

Othero's report is, interesting? Since he's not giving names I'm assuming he's not some kind of watcher or tracker and this is some other odd power he's likely claiming.

My interpretation of Krokano's power matches up with Ushaara's, that it watches for hidden day powers, and if that power happens to be sending messages, they'll be intercepted.
    Lehki said:
    Well, I have no news from last night, definitely did not notice anybody trying to doctor me.

Othero's report is, interesting? Since he's not giving names I'm assuming he's not some kind of watcher or tracker and this is some other odd power he's likely claiming.

My interpretation of Krokano's power matches up with Ushaara's, that it watches for hidden day powers, and if that power happens to be sending messages, they'll be intercepted.
    By Xeii's report, you wouldn't notice, since she was jailed and prevented from doctoring you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I know. Was just confirming that it was indeed the case plus nothing else happened.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've been pondering the Soulless attacking each other a bit. I think it goes without saying they only accidentally attacked each other. It could be my fuzzy brain talking here but how does a busdriver explain it exactly? Either way at least one of them was unwittingly targeting the other, right? And I don't see why they would if they knew about each other.

Help my brain is broken. Illith was planning to attack person A, Kethuru was attacking person B. Bus driver switches A and B, they don't hit each other, busdriver switches Illith and Kethuru, don't hit each other, switch Illith and person B, sure Illith attacks Kethuru, but he'd have still hit person A. Right? And Othero did say they attacked each other, unless that wording is misleading?

I'm just trying to straighten things out in my mind. Input would be helpful. 

If we assume for now that Othero's message means no Soulless killed Krokano because they were fighting each other, what are we looking at?

a) Vigilante misfire
    b) Elder serialkiller

Some non-standard options might be Krokano targeting something with a Revenge power?
    A non-standard option*
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I think Lavinya is correct. @Othero's wording leads Us to believe that the Soulless attacked each other. If He could provide further confirmation of this fact by double-checking His report, it would be most appreciated. Does anyone have any other information they'd like to share about last night?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Another possibility about Kethuru and Illith attacking each other is that the Mafia team decided not to kill anyone tonight, and the flavour text for that is that they were "too distracted".

I don't see any indication of what killed Krokano, and hearing that the soulless were busy worries me.
    Also, earlier, why were people suggesting that Kethuru would be the SK and not the mafia godfather?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    It's highly unlikely, but wouldn't it be funny if it meant that two mafia members argued over who to attack so much that they didn't get anything done? For instance if the voting is like vengeance, where you need a unanimous vote, but Illith and Kethuru didn't agree on who to eat before time was up. I really don't think that's what happened (Silvanus did say everyone's actions were in, as opposed to time being up, after all) but it was a funny thought that popped into my head.

But, there is another thing I was wondering. If it had simply been a busdriver, wouldn't...one of them have died? Or, it said they were attacking each other, so... Well, alright, assuming one of them is a kill, the other would have to be something like a roleblocker that stopped them from getting the kill off. So to make busdriver work, it would've been a roleblocker Soulless having their target fortuitously swapped with the kill Soulless, who was then unable to make a kill due to being blocked. That's a lot of ifs, and the more ifs we have to go through to get to an answer, the less plausible the theory seems to me.

Ooh, what if Xeii and the Jailer are Illith and Kethuru, and this is their perfect crime? Wouldn't that be funny. Another thing I don't think is likely, though.

It's hard to follow this lead when we don't yet know how much information we truly get from this power. If it truly allows us to piece together exactly what the Soulless are doing every night (i.e., Illith and Kethuru targeted each other and got nothing done even though we're assuming one of them was trying to use a kill power which makes no sense), it's very powerful. It may have just been flavor saying that for some reason, the Soulless faction were unable to kill - the fighting is flavor, but the lack of kill coming from the Soulless faction is the real information. 

Weiwae said:
    Also, earlier, why were people suggesting that Kethuru would be the SK and not the mafia godfather?
    I think that was people trying to make sense of Illith and Kethuru attacking one another despite both being Soulless.
  • Phoebus said:
    Weiwae said:
    I think that was people trying to make sense of Illith and Kethuru attacking one another despite both being Soulless.
    But why not suggest that Illith is the SK? Seems to make more sense to me.

If Kethuru and Illith are on the same team and one was busdriven then it makes sense that there will be a kill immunity in play.  If they are opposite teams, there is also a kill immunity possibility.  All we know from Othero's information, if true, is that Kethuru and Illith can potentially kill, and they are in the game.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I doubt seriously that the Jailor is Soulless.
    Weiwae said:
    Phoebus said:
    Weiwae said:

If Kethuru and Illith are on the same team and one was busdriven then it makes sense that there will be a kill immunity in play.  If they are opposite teams, there is also a kill immunity possibility.  All we know from Othero's information, if true, is that Kethuru and Illith can potentially kill, and they are in the game.
    Heck if I know! I thought it was weird to suggest Illith was the Soulless boss and Kethuru was some other dude too, since Kethuru is the Big Nasty in Lusternia, after all. I thought you were just asking why the thought came up at all. 
  • Phoebus said:
    Weiwae said:
    Phoebus said:
    Weiwae said:

Heck if I know! I thought it was weird to suggest Illith was the Soulless boss and Kethuru was some other dude too, since Kethuru is the Big Nasty in Lusternia, after all. I thought you were just asking why the thought came up at all. 
    It may depend on where in the timeline we are. Illith was the big cheese until Keph cut her in half
  • Tremula said:
    I think Lavinya is correct. @Othero's wording leads Us to believe that the Soulless attacked each other. If He could provide further confirmation of this fact by double-checking His report, it would be most appreciated. Does anyone have any other information they'd like to share about last night?
    Yeah, I know that Kethuru and Illith fought each other for supremacy and distracted themselves from the Elders.
    @Lavinya - Bus driver explains things if someone attacked someone on their own team by accident. Some mods (myself included in the Shakespeare game) gave the Godfather kill immunity if the killer was from their own team, in the event of this scenario occurring.
    Daraius said:
    Othero said:
    Tremula said:
    Yeah, I know that Kethuru and Illith fought each other for supremacy and distracted themselves from the Elders.
    I can't tell if this means they came to no agreement to kill like @Phoebus said or what. I guess the most important thing now is that we should be expecting at least two kills.

...and that Falaeron did not die to Illith or Kethuru. Begging the question of who offed him.
    Daraius said:
    Vigilante mistake, perhaps. I'd be surprised if we didn't have a vigilante. I don't really think you should be throwing out random kills night one as vig, but it happens pretty often here.