The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Portius I'm finally an Elder Goddess, and I'm going to talk like it, so help Me.

Really, though, that should be the extent of roleplay unless Your role specifically calls for it. That this is coming from Me as well regarding mafia will hopefully carry a like more oomph.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Selenity I had bring to do with the traps. I'm assuming we have a Shikari jailor that targeted Xeii.
  • I am going to be traveling for 24 hours, so this will be my last post for a while.

In krakano's role it says that he doesn't yet have one eye, even though his power is based on that. That is why I say that we know this timeline is just very different. Things that happened after the initial vote not to use fain's elixir for us didn't happen yet. This means nobody has splintered and the group of traitors has not formed. Illith apparently is still strong enough to battle Kethuru.

I am personally fine with waiting 24 hours or so to hear from Lavinya, and also to hear more from Dylara.  As for Lekhi, unless there are more reasons to find him suspicious, I am happy enough with his explanation.

I'm willing to support an Ushaara vote if anyone has a good argument to explain his behaviour as matching that of someone who is scum.
  • Nothing, not bring. I need to stop doing mafia from phone when I don't have a minute to spell check.
  • What do you want to know from me? 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Dylara said:
    What do you want to know from me? 
    I think it's an attempt at "lynch all lurkers" but you've explained your sparser activity and so has Lavinya, and you've both posted more than I think you're being given credit for. 

Lavinya also phrased something weird last dayphase but with new information since then, she's not really pinging me as much as some other people tbh.

I also think enough people have been pushed to claim today, and don't see the point in jumping at random people in a wild attempt to find something else to talk about. Unless there's definitive reason for it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I too feel like I've beenp posting more than I've been given credit for, and I am not doing rp posts like some peopLe so there is less confusion to add in to my posts. I can't go back and forth on my phone but I do remember there was someone who wasnt posting very much I wanted to prod yesterday but I've forgotten the name. When I get home I'll take a look over the thread and do yet another day thoughts post like I did last day.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Due to some unforeseen circumstances of me possibly not being available, I am extending the day deadline by 24 hours from this post. 

You now have 4 days and 5 or so hours from this post (Friday evening for Americans)
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Phoebus, Sylandra, Breandryn, Portius, Luce, Dylara (7)

Sylandra - Ushaara, Weiwae, Lehki (3)

Lehki - Selenity (1)

It takes 10 to lynch!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I am really tired, so this isn't going to be a long defence, but Silvanus has given us some more time anyway, so it's not a major rush to decide either way.

I was expecting some blowback for the Malmydia reveal, but not to the level it has gotten to. Whether that's purely a result of me voting Sylandra or not, I don't know. But it does seem like lines have been drawn in the sand.

At the time I voted, as the person at risk of being lynched, again for my own self-interest I had to present an alternative, and I had some (perhaps weak!) justification for picking between Shaddus, Phoebus and Sylandra. I figured that as the experienced and regular player, Sylandra should know that Silvanus' games have twists, and thus not to simply take the easy lynch justified by saying it will test whether the canon can be trusted. That was the extent of my reasoning at the time.

But it was also just due to my default position, and I seem to have a habit of going up against her. She's a convincing player, and can be very tricky, so I am always suspicious of her.

Responses and positions since then have been interesting and I still have no clue if Sylandra is a Soulless, or simply gung-ho for testing the Traitor position and thinks that I'm the best bit of verifiable info Town'll get today. But I certainly do appreciate that she, Portius and Phoebus are at least backing up their arguments against me. As I've admitted, they make good ones!

Barring a power claim (I'll get to that), I can't really say more than I have about my position to convince people. But I hope that people consider Othero's information, the phrasing of the win condition, the example of Castleroy in Reign mafia, why a busdriver hasn't just named two people, one of whom will be a Soulless etc.

I think all of these give me some bit of a leg to stand on in suggesting that Soulless being split into two factions is a very real possibility that should be considered.

If you do consider that, then question if a cult is likely now with Town potentially losing 3/4 people in a day/night cycle? Or whether the Traitor cult is going to feature later in something like Silvanus' "Red Scare" event. These are questions that can generate discussion and don't punish people for revealing information.

I suggested looking at the lynch train if you want an alternative to a no-lynch/Ushaara decision, and what I meant by that wasn't so much Sylandra, Phoebus, Portius, but the people who just add their votes without fleshing out their positions, so Breandryn, Dylara, etc. Mafia is a game that relies on people talking, and while we can get entrenched in our positions and distracted by an argument, the most suspicious to me are always those who just dot in and out, placing convenient votes, and who show the least effort in trying to figure out the game setup. Sylandra is 100% right on that, trying to figure it out is the best part.

@people wanting a power claim.

I'm prepared to do so, but if you don't believe what I've put out there already, I'd first like to hear why you think a power claim now will persuade you not to lynch me? How will it help Town? We already forced a (claimed-) doctor to reveal themselves.

How will whatever I say help you in deciding whether I am telling the truth or not? How will you know I'm not just making up a power?

I'll reveal in the morning if it's insisted upon, but as it is the last card I have to play, I would like it to be a last resort.

Malmydia was always going to be a really tough role to play, and while I hope to get a few more days, at least it's been fun. A "Can we trust Ushaara" argument that distracts everyone for a few days should certainly feature in the next Meta Mafia. :) 

Night all!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Bah, longer than I meant it to be.
    Night...
  • For me, it's assessing a potential threat. What is your power? What does it do? Who can it affect? Standard kind of questions, since you put yourself in the spotlight.

(Also, you just need to kinda roll with it Ushaara, I nearly always get lynched/killed in the first two days, hoping I make it a little longer in this game :( ). 

• And I'm still going through posts. It may be a late update.

Ushaara said:
    I suggested looking at the lynch train if you want an alternative to a no-lynch/Ushaara decision, and what I meant by that wasn't so much Sylandra, Phoebus, Portius, but the people who just add their votes without fleshing out their positions, so Breandryn, Dylara, etc. Mafia is a game that relies on people talking, and while we can get entrenched in our positions and distracted by an argument, the most suspicious to me are always those who just dot in and out, placing convenient votes, and who show the least effort in trying to figure out the game setup. Sylandra is 100% right on that, trying to figure it out is the best part.

@people wanting a power claim.

I'm prepared to do so, but if you don't believe what I've put out there already, I'd first like to hear why you think a power claim now will persuade you not to lynch me? How will it help Town? We already forced a (claimed-) doctor to reveal themselves.

How will whatever I say help you in deciding whether I am telling the truth or not? How will you know I'm not just making up a power?

I'll reveal in the morning if it's insisted upon, but as it is the last card I have to play, I would like it to be a last resort.

Malmydia was always going to be a really tough role to play, and while I hope to get a few more days, at least it's been fun. A "Can we trust Ushaara" argument that distracts everyone for a few days should certainly feature in the next Meta Mafia. :) 

Night all!
    I want to respond to this, because I think it's a good point.

I said this before, that there's a reason for a person of every alignment to vote for Ushaara right now. And make no mistake, my vote remains where it is because I still think it's the best option for today. But I also think when and if Ushaara is lynched, if he's not scum, we need to seriously consider his lynch train and who quietly joined it. If he flips scum that will look wonderful for me, I have to say, but I'm willing to admit the odds are high enough that he could be the Castleroy of the mafia game (I won't go into why I'm still willing to lynch him because I've probably already done that a thousand times by now, and y'all can do your own homework).

But if he flips town, which is possible, a scum is almost definitely on this lynch train.

Of course I know it means considering me as a potential Soulless in that scenario, but I don't mind that really. I can simultaneously think lynching Ushaara is the right move for town, while also being aware that if he flips town his lynch train could be a delicious buffet of knowledge. Ushaara is exactly right that mafia is a game that relies on people talking. The people who don't talk are often those who benefit most from whatever conversation is going on.

So here's what I propose: if Ushaara turns up town, we examine the hell out of his lynch train. If he shows up scum, we examine the hell out of my lynch train. Not such an awful deal.

Alternatively, we can do as Ushaara suggests and point out someone who's been coasting. It's really not a bad plan of action, as statistically, we can assume a Soulless has more invested in getting a lynch pushed on someone who isn't on their team (speaking for myself, I am neither a mason nor a mafia, so there's no one invested in keeping me alive). Downside is it doesn't really tell us anything about the Traitors, which is the main benefit of an Ushaara lynch.

My assessment re: the current coasters: @Breandryn is the one who seems the most convenient on the Ushaara lynch train, while I'd say @Lehki is the oddball on mine. Both Weiwae and Ushaara have defended their reasons for lynching me, while Lehki hasn't. Same deal re: Breandryn and Ushaara. I could be potentially swayed by either line of reasoning here, in the event that an Ushaara lynch doesn't look like it'll be completed. Right now though it looks like Ushaara will be the more successful lynch, and I still think we gain the most from it.

---

Full transparency as well: whatever your power is, Ushaara, my vote will likely stay the same unless a "coaster" lynch takes off. If you want to hold onto it and not share, that's your business, but I have to say it makes me quite speculative of what your power might be! Malmydia's not known for being particularly kind, after all, and I could see her power being a doozy.

Thank you though for sharing that you took no action on Night 1. That's good to know.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Okay, so I'm going to reject the Ushaara argument as having the most potential to teach us something as nonsensical. You're assuming his role will reveal something based on your own assumptions about the game roles and how traitors will fit into it. If you look at the game as a blank slate, that the traditional roles in the lore have no bearing on the mafia game roles, which is really what you should be doing, that line of reasoning is pretty barren of merit. An assumption based on assumptions is not enough for me to lynch someone. 

As I said, I made this comment earlier. We should not assume the lore has any real bearing on the mafia game roles. It's just not Silvanus's style, and it would also make this game painfully easy and dull. 

So the question is "who now?" Obviously I'm disagreeing with Sylandra here, but I understand Sylandra's reasoning. Even if I objectively disagree with it, I understand the origin of her position and how she arrived at it. Her argument makes sense based on her perspective, therefor I don't think she's doing anything suspicious.

However, I do find the person arguing against Sylandra odd, as their arguments haven't really connected for me. Whether it's lack of understanding or just misrepresentation, I'm not sure, but the reality is deceiving investigations is a real and very common mafia power, and mafia (for example, if Ushaara was mafia) opening themselves up without deliberately saying "investigate me" is a very real way to buy them credibility with the town. Investigators are important, they are decidedly not foolproof by design. Furthermore, broadcasting who should be investigated is a good way to give the mafia more info than necessary, and baiting that kind of behavior is definitely eyebrow raising. Sylandra's position isn't fabricated out of whole cloth, and I think my vote is for the person trying to portray it as such. 

SO WEEWEE, I POINT THE FINGER OF JUDGEMENT AT YOU.

Vote: Weiwae

That being said, my argument isn't bulletproof and I'm aware of that but I think we need an alternative that is not Ushaara. 

I also give @Selenity a suspicious eyebrow for being intentionally and unnecessarily vague. I don't really understand the value of "thanks for confirming my suspicions" comment other than making people confused. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Okay, some thoughts on today. Looking at Weiwei, he seems really protective of Ushaara. I am of the personal opinion that any information given up freely with zero pressure such as Ushaara claim is suspicious. It was unnecessary, we could have put pressure on folks who have contributed very little, regardless of how often they have posted. He's also a bit more aggressive against Sylandra than I would have expected this early on. Either he knows something or he's picked a target to focus on for the day.

Sylandra is pushing for info on what I consider a very poor play, I'm also noticing that Ushaara is less crazy theory crafting right now. That could be due to his deadline but it is out of character. If this turns out to be a lunch of a townie, I would definitely be looking very hard at Sylandra, Yom.. I'm on a tablet I can't make your name work sorry.. and a couple other people who pushed it from the beginning. 

I want more information from Ushaara who has gone awfully silent regarding his freely given claim earlier. What are you hiding? You were a okay to throw in the firecracker and give scum a potential defense allowing them to claim town cannon traitor and now it's a big deal to finish your reveal? Okay?Like at this point I just want to lynch you for being contrary but I'd rather find a soulless. 

For me, Xeii, Breandryn and Luce have been the quietest of everyone regarding this discussion. Id like to hear more from them, their thoughts and opinions. I may have missed some posts and Im going to bed so don't expect much from me until I get home from work tomorrow.

• Known hole in my argument: defending someone who is getting bandwagoned doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a member of the mafia. 
    Dylara said:
    Sylandra is pushing for info on what I consider a very poor play, I'm also noticing that Ushaara is less crazy theory crafting right now. That could be due to his deadline but it is out of character. If this turns out to be a lunch of a townie, I would definitely be looking very hard at Sylandra, Yom.. I'm on a tablet I can't make your name work sorry.. and a couple other people who pushed it from the beginning. 
    While I understand being a vocal member of a lynch train can make me suspicious in the event the lynch train is a mislynch, I would again like to point out the reason I wrote so much in particular was because of Ushaara's vote on me and Weiwae's prodding of my reasoning. If Ushaara had pointed the finger at someone else, I suspect they'd have reacted similarly.

I'm not necessarily trying to end the day, to force everyone to agree with me, etc. I'm just saying this is what I am doing, and why. I've also said a few times that if Ushaara is town, I still consider that a gain for town information-wise. Whether or not you find that suspicious is of course up to you.

I have also offered alternatives I might consider taking in my last post, as an olive branch of sorts.

Re: the @Fyler post above, I will admit being a bit flummoxed by @Weiwae's stance towards me in particular, and don't really know how to read that. I can't figure out if he's just over-protective townie, or if perhaps he has his own reasons for wanting Ushaara alive that we don't know about. Ushaara may be the one who voted for me initially, but Weiwae is definitely the one who's been baiting me the most this dayphase and misrepresented my argument the most. I have trouble following his logic, but to be fair, he seems to have trouble following mine.
    Daraius said:
  • Sorry. I'm somewhat occupied RL. Have a visitor down for a few days.

I was going to wait a few rounds until I have more to go with but since I'm pressed...

Vote: Weiwae

Sorry, I'm on phone and won't have PC for a bit so can't quote.

It is subtle but I think his actions definitely read as scum trying to seem innocent and guide votes. For all his posting he hasn't really made a firm stand on anything and instead he's been trying to set himself up to look innocent down the line. Loudly defending a townie being lynched? Looks super innocent until you realize a mafia guy will know the townie is townie. He's trying to establish his voting and posting record so he looks innocent in late game.

He's tried to push voting by mentioning things like Falmiss' suspicious list - a list formed during day 1's day round isn't really one I would take stock in but Weiwae refers to it as a quiet suggestion of guilt for those Falmiis mentioned. Even if I does have a day watch power, odds are he didn't get the report from it until twilight or later so it's really just some random people not canon that should guide us.

He dismisses arguments without actually addressing them, a la the booze before you acronym he threw up to shoot down Tremula (i think).

I wanted to wait another round or two before posting my feelings on him since it is early still but since Celina also is getting those vibes, here you go.
    Unvote.

You know what, I actually want to see where this Weiwae discussion goes. Because if I'm being set-up like @Breandryn suggests, I'd like to at least take the time to acknowledge what may or may not be happening.

And hey, Silvanus gave us an extra day. I don't mind spending it on this. Still willing to vote Ushaara, still willing to consider alternatives, beginning to warm slightly to some more than others.
    Daraius said:
    Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Phoebus, Portius, Luce, Dylara (5)

Sylandra - Ushaara, Weiwae, Lehki (3)

Lehki - Selenity (1)

Weiwae - Fyler, Breandryn (2)

It takes 10 to lynch!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I am vehemently opposed to a Weiwae lynch. I think He's acting in good faith based on his understanding of the information We all have. I disagree with his reasoning, but would be extremely surprised to see him flip scum.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I need to sleep but wanted that out there. Weiwae has been way too vocal and drawn far too much attention to Himself for Him to be scum. Most likely pursuing Him is a trap likely to get us stuck until the next day phase with no new information.

Of the remaining options, I feel like Lehki has done an odd amount of pushing and then going quiet, and think He may be a good alternative. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Just an fyi tomorrow is the funeral. I'm not home and won't be for probably 36 hours or so. I'm still following, just not much time for decent posting, hence why I am not voting anywhere as yet, as I'd rather explain my position when I do. 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I'm interested in the Weiwae train as well, but I'm dropping a FoS: Weiwae instead of a vote, because I'm also slightly suspicious of waiting until Someone announces they'll be gone for a bit before starting on these accusations.

Normally that would be an instant scum trigger to Me, but since it is Celina I'm willing to dismiss those but suspicions as Them just having traditionally poor timing in posting for these games. It doesn't make Me happy, but unless They make a habit of it, I'm not going to counter push.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Recent silence from me is mostly from a lack of anything new to add. Other people've been voicing my opinion of disagreement with the reasoning for wanting to lynch Ushaara, and I haven't thought out how I feel about the new Weiwae push yet.  

And if you want more explanation for my vote, Ushaara is a traitor god, so whether or not he's scum(which I don't feel he is), he's probably not aligned with the Soulless, so I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude there's a Soulless somewhere on the lynch train. I just picked Sylandra because she already had a vote and figured that was better to get Town to stop the train and think. As I said at the time, I'm not really committed to Sylandra and am fine pushing elsewhere. Since we've slowed down on Ushaara I'll Unvote if it makes people feel better.
  • I'm in no rush. I can't help the timing, I told you guys I'd be unavailable all weekend days ago!
  • Now that your back (and hopefully recovered from what sounded like a fun weekend), where do you think we should aim for?