The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Oh, no, I wasn't grasping at straws. In my head I was channeling Celina and Sylandra and throwing the book at him for continuing to evade. Apparently I was not as sassy as I had envisioned.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Hmm hmm.

@Sylandra, who are you a mason with?
    I'm not a mason.
    Then what did you do last night?
    You are the only person in this game who knows besides me.

That's all I'll say about that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It takes years for Us lowly mortals to ascend to Their level, Brea, don't fret. I've gone back to the start of the day and am re-reading, so this may take longer than expected (12 pages, roughly?). 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Hmm hmm.

I'm not a mason.

I don't actually know what you did last night, but now we know you at least have one night power. Interesting. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Hmm hmm.

I'm not a mason.

I don't actually know what you did last night, but now we know you at least have one night power. Interesting. 
    Mm, yeah you do.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    My action is passive anyway. It's not really accurate to say I "took an action." The more I say about it the more useless it gets. But @Shaddus should know what it does, or should, if he is paying attention. I can't help if he doesn't.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    My action is passive anyway. It's not really accurate to say I "took an action." The more I say about it the more useless it gets. But @Shaddus should know what it does, or should, if he is paying attention. I can't help if he doesn't.
    Alright. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're not a soulless. Does your ability tell you who my role is?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Alright. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're not a soulless. Does your ability tell you who my role is?
    It doesn't.
    Daraius said:
    Okay, so pardon if My formatting is messy, I'm writing this up in a notepad as I go through and read. One thing I will note (from flavour text, because We all know just how much I love analysing it) is that the terenti are still one-eyed. Now, just because Malymidia has not gone through with eating up Krokano, this could be a hint that sequences could still be followed through that would cause Her to gobble up pieces of Terentia in His stead. Maybe this is hinting at the possibility Ushaara could have a bigger impact to come than We expect? Maybe not. Raw speculation, but something to think on.

It's slightly upsetting (besides the obvious reasons) that Lavinya had a death and has to be gone for RL things. I would *love* to get some pressure on Her and see what comes of it, considering that She was implicated by Krokano before He died. Of course, as Weiwae's pointed out, this could be coincidence, but still something to look at if We're stuck for a way forward in the future.

The lack of kills, oh my gods. I've played with Silvanus as a member of the mafia. He outright suggested that no one kill on night one to create chaos. If Anyone else had that idea, We could be in for a doozy, especially since the alleged doctor was jailed, meaning We only had the blocker to get lucky. Vivet pointed this out.

Weiwae, My man, you quoted Lavinya to push a little suspicion (which I can respect) but then You asked about a doctoring. Unless You were looking for someone to open up about potential flavour text (which We have no basis for as of yet) to try and call Xeii a liar, this was a bad move. People almost got lynched for not reading Their role sheets properly, We need to make sure We're refreshing before posting.

I think I'm counting at least three people, four if you include Me, who have claimed to not have a power or receive a role message at night. This could be a very heavy day power game, which would explain Krokano's ability.

Well, Ushaara's agreeing with My theory, meaning that I may end up joining the Theorist train.

@Othero, I should have asked before, but when You say it is a little random, is that randomness meaning You can only sense regarding random Soulless, or random actions in general? This could potentially be chaotic.

Selenity has been accused of being in cahoots with both Fyler and Weiwae. Stop being so agreeable and nice, We have to kill each other. I get backing off of @Selenity regarding Her power, as well, but I want to revisit this thing about the mortals. Without some sort of basis, this sounds like Someone could be returned to the game as a mortal. It could also be an army of mortals to distract/kill a Soulless if certain circumstances are met. Who knows?

I'm not taking the Sylandra vote by Ushaara very seriously. It feels like an OMGUS vote. Especially with these convincing follow-up arguments She's making.

Ah, the WIFOM. I remember this bit, I did comment here, but I'm noticing now that Weiwae is seeming to accuse Her of of making up the confusion instead of what she is doing, which is acknowledging its existence. Anyone who's played mafia knows the WIFOM situation, even if They don't know it by name. Using i tto explain why it's a waste of resources (which I furthered in my chicken analogy) is smart, and can throw confusion at the Mafia as well by recognising it. As well, investigative immunity IS a thing.

Ushaara, You're clear in my book. I would love for traitors to have some clarity, believe You Me, but I don't want to lose You. Hopefully We can find another way to prove Your innocence. Weiwae...is getting more and more suspicious.

By Dynara, I love @Portius' brain. Going to have it mounted and hung above My fireplace. Or put it in a robot. Something neat.

Is it just me or have most of Lehki's posts been kind of...bland? I feel like I go pages without seeing His picture at times.

After re-reading it all not on My mobile and with nothing to distract Me from it, the constant power claims on Ushaara are quite annoying. @Othero, I apologise for doing something similar to you early on in the day. 

I'm with Celina, Weiwae may not be scum but he definitely is sus. However, as Someone's pointed out Selenity has been very defencive. Grouping like this is odd, especially between seemingly random players, but I am willing to accept an in-game fondness as an excuse (for this one time).

OOH, SELENITY OUT HERE WITH MASTERPOSTS. However...it's mostly against Breandryn, who (while sus as hell to Me still) is not nearly as big of a threat as Wei.

Okay, I'm back where I began reading from when I sat down earlier. Interesting to note that it's Selenity and Weiwae who I see agreeing with My posts against Breandryn, but if We're digging that deep into possible behaviour then a game where We can't agree with posts We like is one that will be worse to play on these forums.

Yep, grab My tube card, because I'm hopping trains. Sorry, but as wrong as Breandryn feels right now to me, I have huge warning bells about Weiwae going off in My head. Also sorry for the huge post, but now no One can say I've lurked fully this day.

Unvote
    Vote: Weiwae

• It's not just your post they've agreed with. If you look, they mutually agree nearly every post the other one makes.
  • Breandryn said:
    @weiwae:

like how you loudly and extensively defended multiple people being lynched (establishing credibility) 
    Can somebody explain to me how one defends themselves against "establishing credibility" by trying to prevent suspected townies from being lynched?

I'm at a loss here. How else are you supposed to prevent a block of like minded individuals from railroading? What am I supposed to be doing exactly? Hope I'm wrong about my gut feelings and do nothing?

I can understand the idea that you might want to dismiss evidence that I am town, in conjunction with other scummy behaviour, so what exactly am I being accused of?
  • @Sylandra honestly my quietness is to see where things shake out. The arguments got weird and I don't have a lot to offer. I think at this point I agree with the arguments against Breandyn the most. Feels like a newer mafia player who got a scum role and is playing really aggressive because of it.

Weiwei is suspicious too and the fact that they are voting against each other does not mean one of them is town. Both could be mafia with the potential that we have more then one scum group.

@Tremula Is rather not at share at the moment. I can't control who I see but it has rules.
  • Weiwae said:
    Breandryn said:
    @weiwae:

like how you loudly and extensively defended multiple people being lynched (establishing credibility) 
    Can somebody explain to me how one defends themselves against "establishing credibility" by trying to prevent suspected townies from being lynched?

I'm at a loss here. How else are you supposed to prevent a block of like minded individuals from railroading? What am I supposed to be doing exactly? Hope I'm wrong about my gut feelings and do nothing?

I can understand the idea that you might want to dismiss evidence that I am town, in conjunction with other scummy behaviour, so what exactly am I being accused of?
    Admittedly it can be a catch 22 this early with so many unknowns. Defending people can be something the town does and the mafia does. It can be frustrating. I'd say it was more the way you argued over what you argued that is catching people's eye at this point. 

As I said, my guess, and it's a guess, is that maybe you're third party. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • If I was third party how would I have been one of the first people to point out and raise suspicion against everybody who didn't know our main enemy is soulless? I don't get how that makes sense.
  • Well, see, that's what makes me suspicious of you. Your self defense doesn't really make sense. A third party, such as a survivor, is basically going to behave exactly as a townie. If you can't make sense of someone's behavior, how they defend that behavior can give you clues. Your argument is, from what I can tell, you can't possibly be third party because you weren't acting like third party. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Tremula I explained why I defended Weiwae previously. In general I like hitting like and agree on people's posts who I agree with or like, and avoid the disagree button unless I'm in a mood even if I disagree with someone.

And regarding my mentioning mortals... based off of what I know from my role, they should be able to exist somehow.
  • What?? We have a bunch of people talking about traitors when nothing in our win condition mentions traitors. How is asking for people who don't know that to explain themselves indicative of third party? It's the exact opposite. Everything I had been doing on the first day was focused  on trying to get the third party groups to expose their lack of knowledge of the elders win condition. 
  • What role could I have that would give me knowledge that only elders had during the first day? I'm honoured that you all think I could pull off such a mind reading trick.
  • Well I never really bought the idea that people who talk about traitors are suspicious, it's a pretty reasonable lore based conclusion. I did explain why I thought it was a bad thing to assume, but it's reasonable nonetheless. So your defense, again, doesn't make much sense to me. 

You seem confused about third parties. Third party covers a lot of things, not just cult groups. Survivors, SKs, arsonists, etc. The independent third parties don't generally have any unique information or insight.
  • I've never seen a third party role that says you win when x happens, btw the rest of the town wins when the soulless are defeated.

You are flipping the argument backwards. I am not saying you have to believe that discussing the traitors is suspicious. I am asking you how I would have known that the soulless and not the traitors were the main threat, if that wasn't in my role win condition.
    Weiwae said:
    I've never seen a third party role that says you win when x happens, btw the rest of the town wins when the soulless are defeated.
    That's actually pretty common for third party, if I'm reading this right.  You'll get something like "you win if X happens, else you win with the town".
    If it's between Weiwae and Breandryn, I definitely Vote Weiwae.

(Yes, yes, I know. Of course I'm doing this. But wouldn't you if you were me?)

I don't know if he's town or Soulless but I do know he's not very good at explaining his arguments or defending his votes. When @Weiwae doesn't understand what someone is doing, rather than respond to their explanation, he just doubles down on his initial impression without acknowledging what's said. Often, he accuses whoever corrected him (or questioned him) of having nefarious motives, and paints their response in the most hyperbolic, mustache-twirling light. It's also a great way to make someone look and sound much more aggressive than they initially were when they begin to defend themselves. Which can become a reason to be targeted further, creating a dangerous feedback loop.

This by itself could be just irritating, an overzealous townie convinced they are right. But it's literally dominated two days of discussion. Like @Fyler said before when Weiwae and I were arguing, it wasted a lot of time and attention. I'll admit I was baited into that and, being a very competitive Gryffindor of a person, I kept responding when it was really better not to. It's a great way of making the conversation go nowhere, and distracting the louder players from paying attention to other things.

I just don't see this as beneficial at all, I think it's poor play and bound to bite us in the behind later (I see you, Tekora from Reign), and I don't think any of the conversations that Weiwae has dragged out of other players have rendered anything beneficial. Just frustration.

And call it self interest, but I really don't want every dayphase to just be a cockfight between us. I sincerely don't think that helps anybody.
    Daraius said:
     Coming from Someone who had included those third party roles, they do exist @Weiwar.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    My own suspicions have been fluctuating quite a bit, unable to crystallise precisely on any particular path or view. Weiwae has been itching my intuition, but I haven't really been able to fully grasp why. I poked at this a little earlier, trying to piece together what has changed since day one.

I feel like we have an early bid for "leadership" going here - Weiwae felt more focused on encouraging conversation and prodding everyone into contributing day one, but today he's far more focused on stepping right up to the most direct competitor he has for marshalling town: Sylandra. This is even echoed in his words, where he's pivoting his stance on degree and magnitude more than on what's being argued (so that's why Phoebus is okay to be ignored even though she's had very similar stances? Okay).

I think I can support this motion.

Vote: Weiwae

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Luce (2)

Sylandra - Ssaliss (1)

Breadryn - Selenity, Ushaara, Weiwae (3)

Weiwae - Breandryn, Phoebus, Tremula, Sylandra, Vivet (5)

Luce - Fyler (1)

It takes 10 to lynch! 

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • unvote
    vote: Weiwae

My vote has bounced around a lot, but I originally started the Weiwae train so I feel obligated to follow through. I'm not totally convinced, as I've said, but I'm also not convinced my intuition is wrong.
  • Also, I want to compete for leadership. I HAVE HIGH CHARISMA (with a dex dump stat)
    Having a loud voice means you have a high charisma about as much as it makes you automatically a bard.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Okay, let me drop all pretense of subtleties. Fyler, I swear to Us I'm haunting you if I get eaten.

If Weiwae isn't town there are serious shenanigans going on. I know what his role is, I'm 99% sure I know what He did last night, and unless there's a recruiter or Silvanus is a sadist, he's town.

Now, mafia, do you come after me, or do you go after Doc Xeii?

Xyl, out.