The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Good morning all!  This thread has definitely blown up.

Really want to hear from @Xeii before I consider going further.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm done posting until I get lynched or the next day phase. I didn't fully read my win condition, which led to me standing up for someone who I felt was being dogpiled, which led to me being jumped on myself. 

See you in the next dayphase or not.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I'm going to Unvote the lovable derp that is Shaddus.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    (I'll have a vote count when I get home from work)
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • The problem now is that Xeii could just come in with the exact same defence.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm done posting until I get lynched or the next day phase. I didn't fully read my win condition, which led to me standing up for someone who I felt was being dogpiled, which led to me being jumped on myself. 

See you in the next dayphase or not.
    I'm going to bed now and hope Xiell will have responded by the time I wake up, but I just have to ask why you didn't confirm your assumptions and try to better understand why the dogpile was happening before speaking up?
  • Did we really have an extended argument about the win condition that could of been ended at some point by you reading your win condition? My vote is staying until we find a better alternative. If one doesn't come up then I'm sticking to it.
  • Falaeron said:
    The problem now is that Xeii could just come in with the exact same defence.
    Then we would have to lynch two people...
  • Also did I miss something? Why is Xeii being referred to as Xiell all the time?
  • Falaeron said:
    Also did I miss something? Why is Xeii being referred to as Xiell all the time?
    Because my font is horrible. Sorry.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    On that note, if you are playing and have not really participated in the conversations yet, please take this time to study your role.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     One thing I will note is that while Silvanus has admitted to playing with the timeline, we have no solid evidence as of yet that there any Traitors among Us, for they could have not yet committed the act of betrayal. It would benefit all of Us to keep the possibility in Our minds, but the meta knowledge here could be Our GM leading Us on a wild goose chase.

That being said, I'm curious if @Xeii's mention of the masks is a slip revealing the potential of a cult of traitors or not. Indulge My theories, if You please.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'd like to say, without revealing my role, that I went back and looked through my role and at no point does it mention the Traitors but it does mention the Soulless a lot. Even if I had just skimmed it I would of seen that my enemy was the soulless. 
  • I can see where Shaddus made his mistake. My role itself clearly references the soulless but my flavor text is all about the elixir. I had to double check my own win condition to make sure it was town vs soulless.
  • Ok, makes sense. No one else feel like you need to share your flavor. I just wanted to share mine and see if anyone agreed or disagreed.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I can definitely see there being an elixir cult situation that will cause the Traitors to grow into an issue as this game progresses. I'm willing to bet we might have some "Traitor" roles in our midst that are indeed aligned Town, as ultimately, the Traitors were also aligned against the Soulless... but perhaps there's Someone (cough cough Fain) out there whose goal is to recruit them all properly over the course of the game... *chin*
  • Sorry I'm late guys, just woke up D:

I didn't expect my first defense would spark such a heated discussion, overwhelmed. I will say my reference to traitors was a hasty one, wasn't thinking of how multifaceted this game could get and just thought 'traitors' would be IC code for mafia and used that.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Xeii said:
    Sorry I'm late guys, just woke up D:

I didn't expect my first defense would spark such a heated discussion, overwhelmed. I will say my reference to traitors was a hasty one, wasn't thinking of how multifaceted this game could get and just thought 'traitors' would be IC code for mafia and used that.
    This is why we don't usually have roleplaying during mafia.
  • I'm so sorry for the confusion, all. Better stick to talking normally.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sylandra said:
    If nothing else, I think it's in town's favor to get rid of people who repeatedly misrepresent information. That can get dangerous late game.

Vote Shaddus because I want people to pay better attention. (Caveat: I'm willing to reconsider this vote if others think I should.)
     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yeah, I'm feeling that Sylandra.

So where are we at? Do we no lynch? Anyone have a wild thread to chase? We vote Shaddus to punish bad play?
  • I'm sticking with no lynch for now.

Also just want to mention that my role PM is actually just some lines from one of the History Books. Doesn't even mention the Soulless or Traitors at all, barely mentions other Elders at all. So dunno how deeply anybody should read into the flavor of their role PM in that context. Mine at least doesn't seem to imply much.
  • Both Shaddus' and Xeii's explanations are plausible, though still curious. At this point I don't feel like the risk is worth the reward if we lynch one of them, so I'll settle for a Vote: Nobody for now.
  • Well ya'll are boring. 

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited February 2017
    Vote Count, Day One:

No Lynch -
    Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu (3)

Shaddus -
    Sylandra, Celina, Othero (3)
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hm, think you're missing an Othero vote for Shaddus, @Silvanus.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I don't know, I would rather Vote: Xeii than Shaddus.