Character Secrets

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    OK Back on topic!

It's not much of a secret, but Celina believes if the Glomdoring had a gender it would be female and than all men are inherently inferior to women of equal stature. For a couple of reasons: Mother Night is obviously female and Glom and the Coven have been historically ran by women.
  • Celina said:
    OK Back on topic!

It's not much of a secret, but Celina believes if the Glomdoring had a gender it would be female and than all men are inherently inferior to women of equal stature. For a couple of reasons: Mother Night is obviously female and Glom and the Coven have been historically ran by women.
    And Brennan is bat shit effing crazy.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I still remember Queen Etanru.
  • Celina said:
    OK Back on topic!

This explains so much about her. I had no idea about this until now.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm just gonna throw this out here and hope I don't get the thread locked. Anyone who knows me OOCly knows my feelings on same-sex marriage (I approve of it).

There's a distinct difference between homophobia and simply not feeling people of the same gender should be in a contractual or loving relationship. It could be anything from a stern feeling of the biological concept of marriage being solely to procreate, or anything else. If Tavon doesn't feel icly that same-sex marriages are acceptable, but he doesn't treat a same-sex couple as less than a hetero couple, I don't think it's anyone's concern but his own. Furthermore, forcing an intellectual acceptance of homosexual relationships can be as dangerous as forcing an intellectual refusal of it.

tl;dr It doesn't matter what Tavon thinks IC, so long as he's not discriminating against people. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Eventru said:
    Expression of those views in-game can and will be treated on par to any other OOCness, ie up to and including muting, loss of channels, etc. It's not even a possibility - it just doesn't. Sorry to disappoint! (It's a well known fact Eventru and Lyreth were the first married couple anyways, heteros are completely the abnormal ones...)
    Isn't Maylea older than Eventru, technically?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Eventru said:
    Expression of those views in-game can and will be treated on par to any other OOCness, ie up to and including muting, loss of channels, etc. It's not even a possibility - it just doesn't. Sorry to disappoint! (It's a well known fact Eventru and Lyreth were the first married couple anyways, heteros are completely the abnormal ones...)
    Last I checked, Maylea had a female lover, not a wife. One that went insane during the soulless debacle.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:
    OK Back on topic!

And the men get viciously cut up during the wedding ceremonies...

(And people wonder why Mork is still a bachelor)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

You could always wear the gown and let your spouse wear the vest...
    Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:
    Eventru said:
    Last I checked, Maylea had a female lover, not a wife. One that went insane during the soulless debacle.
    Lover, wife, whatever >.>
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2013
    Um, no. He stated quite plainly "Marriage is between a man and a woman", which is a belief that has no bearing anywhere in the world of Lusternia. Same-sex marriages had been happening since time immemorial. This is what Eventru was trying to get across. It's not really that complicated, and we've been here long enough to know this is the standing on such views.
  • I think Rivius has clarified the point well, and nothing more needs to be said (at least in this thread). You're free to think what you want on the topic IC or OOC, of course, but the rules regarding the ability to form marriages is outside the range of mortal influence, anyway, so its just something that is IC, like the existence of the portal of fate and being reborn.

Lets go back to the secrets, which I've enjoyed reading about!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Raezon said:
    Lets go back to the secrets, which I've enjoyed reading about!
    Raezon loves slow-dancing with all of Xenthos' curios when no one is watching.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Is that why they are always askew?  RAEZON:(
  • edited March 2013
    No comment.
    Xenthos said:
    Edit: How do I get past/out of the quote grey stuff once i've clicked in it, in order to put more writing afterward, without saving and editing (if that makes sense)?
  • Raezon said:
    No comment.
    Xenthos said:
    Edit: How do I get past/out of the quote grey stuff once i've clicked in it, in order to put more writing afterward, without saving and editing (if that makes sense)?
    Magnets.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Raezon said:
    No comment.
    Xenthos said:
    What I do is go to the "show source" button and add a <br> to the end of it.
    Majanishi said:
    Raezon said:
    No comment.
    Xenthos said:
    Magnets.
    How do those work, anyway?
  • Raezon said:

No comment.

Xenthos said:

By clicking the second to last button to edit the HTML code and just add it there (once you start typing you can flip back to the primary mode via the same button and you'll be fine).

This also works with the "stuck inside the quote" quoting post problem.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Secrets of forum quote boxes revealed!

• Maybe not so much a secret for those that know him... Knorrith, despite being born and raised in New Celest hates -HATES- water. Beach, blech. He has over the years gotten to the point where he will -tolerate- it but he either has to be waterwalking, flying over, or have waterbreathe constantly up and even then he is very grumpy about it.

Also, he feels very very uncomfortable in areas off prime, especially Celestia or Water. Since he is a rubbish fighter he's always worried that people are going to raid and they'll blame him for it. Where people talk about how wonderful it is, all he can think of is I have to get in, do my business and get out of here.

And one more for the dislikes. He despises aetherships. They make him sick. You will probably find him in water more often than an aethership.

He has a strong attachment to the Serenwilde forest as he used to run off there and play as a boy. ( Also, probably due to his elfen roots) Glomdoring however he doesn't like because the spiders nearly ate him and escaped only to land almost on top of a Glomdoring patrol.

He's always secretly been an Elostian fanboy and often likes to explore Elostian's Godrealm.

He can never get Viynain's name right, and often calls him Viwhatsisan. That and sorry Viynain, he doesn't trust the guy either due to remembering him as an enemy.

Yeah, that might be too much.
    Tip: It's a lot easier to just call him Xiel.
  • Since I'm not actively playing her anymore, here goes:

Ril was built on secrets. Most of her life has been as a priestess of the Moon, and she has never set foot in Prime Glomdoring, nor does she truly understand the tenets of Crow or Night. Indeed, she outright feared them. However, she is far more accurately described as "forestal" than "Seren". When not actively espousing equality between the communes, she in fact favored the Glomdoring. Though too cowardly to join the Glomdoring outright, she took every opportunity she could to aid the Wyrd, directly or indirectly, and even at times at harm to herself. As long as she thought she was able to do so without revealing her intentions. Even when preaching the tenets of Mother Moon, she tended to favor the waning, "dark" aspects.

During both her terms as High Wisdom, her favorite moments were leading a few young Seekers to the conclusion (correctly, I still think OOC) that they were more at home with the Shadowdancers. She abandoned her first tenure as High Wisdom when Gaudiguch was released from time, in the hopes of rediscovering the Illuminati. She helped to found that modern order with the sole desire of learning how to more properly act on her inner nature while at the same time concealing it, and promptly abandoned the Illuminati too when she deemed her lessons complete after a decade or two there. Ever after, she took pleasure in nothing as much as getting people to trust her and accumulating power, especially power over others.

And then I stopped playing her. But that... felt surprisingly good. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Gorlois thinks cows are some of the most majestic creatures ever, because they don't talk, they don't bicker and they do what they're told. Until interacted with, they'll just munch their grass and not care about you (It helps being a hunter that he doesn't bump into them like everyone else does :P).

Oh, and he wants to destroy Serenwilde with an army of undead beavers.
    Gorlois said:
    Gorlois thinks cows are some of the most majestic creatures ever, because they don't talk, they don't bicker and they do what they're told. Until interacted with, they'll just munch their grass and not care about you (It helps being a hunter that he doesn't bump into them like everyone else does :P).

Oh, and he wants to destroy Serenwilde with an army of undead beavers.
    Technically, they attack you if you have reflections, and they slow you down occasionally.
  • Silvanus said:
    You obviously have never met Munsia.
    I have, but I actually never got into the hatedom about her, I just feel sad at her predicament. Except when she supported Ghaliith. That was a pretty dick move.
    Shaddus said:
    Technically, they attack you if you have reflections, and they slow you down occasionally.
    Actually that's just how the 'bumping into' mechanic has been programmed, I assume. It counts as an attack, just a non damaging one.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Not entirely a secret but Mork has an absolute loathing for cupcakes, his reasons for doing so are varied and all truthful, but don't completely explain WHY he loathes them so much.

Besides, cookies are far far better.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Hmm..

Cyndell, though cheerful and outgoing at times, is mostly very anti-social and introverted.  She has a few close friends, and makes a good play at not being absurdly socially awkward, but really prefers solitude.  She'll entertain polite smalltalk if a stranger persists, but quickly loses interest and gets lost within her own thoughts.